Everything PhotoPass & Memory Maker

Does anyone have any experience or reviews of the mini portrait session? I'm assuming these are professional photographers?

How it works

My Disney Experience

Next, make sure everyone who is travelling with you is also set up in My Disney Experience. Now, using the Friends and Family feature of My Disney Experience, connect everyone to your account, and enable sharing and purchasing of PhotoPass photos.

You are now set to get your photos taken.

Choosing the right photo product

Annual Passholders. Most Annual Passholder levels include free digital downloads of PhotoPass photos. If you have this, there is no need to buy any of the above Photo products. When you activate your Annual Pass, any photos which are currently in your PhotoPass account, as well as any you have taken while your Annual Pass is valid, will be available for you to download at no additional charge.

Memory Maker Specifics

There are some things to keep in mind with Memory Maker. You will be able to download all pictures taken of anyone that you have linked through Friends and Family, as long as you have enabled “My Disney PhotoPass Photos.” If you aren’t sure, go to your friends and family list, and click on “Update” next to their name. Make certain there is a green box by the “My Disney PhotoPass Photos” option, and you’re set.

I've cut out portions of the first post to say that I'm AP, have 3 members of my family linked to me in MDE, and do not see "green box" after I click on "Update" next to each member. I will say that I've not yet linked the MMW tickets to my family members yet. Is this causing the problem? or should I already be able to change their profile for the photo info?

I also don't have the option for a green box to check under update for My Disney Photopass Photos. When I click on update beside my family and friends list I only have the option of updating their personal info (name and birthdate), or "Invite to Connect or Remove from list," or "Guest who can plan for ______." Memory Maker does show up in my reservations list.

I also don't have the option for a green box to check under update for My Disney Photopass Photos. When I click on update beside my family and friends list I only have the option of updating their personal info (name and birthdate), or "Invite to Connect or Remove from list," or "Guest who can plan for ______." Memory Maker does show up in my reservations list.
It’s because your MDX account is where Memory Maker is linked. Everyone listed in your account and who are managed by you automatically have their photos linked to your account.

Only those who are listed on another MDX account and linked to you have to Select that Photopass box so that their photos link to your MDX. And they have to Select it while in their own account.

Does anyone have any experience or reviews of the mini portrait session? I'm assuming these are professional photographers?
The way they word the description of it on their web site does make it sound like you will get a professional photographer, however, I have never tried it, and have not read any first hand accounts from anyone else who has used it, so I can't really offer you any advice.

Does anyone remember the photo sessions that used to be done (at least at the monorail resorts)? Has this been eliminated? We did it in 2008 and it was super affordable. We had made an appointment. It was at the Polynesian and it was at least an hour long... I think we paid like $70. I just read that something equal now costs $400???

Last edited:
Does anyone remember the photo sessions that used to be done (at least at the monorail resorts)? Has this been eliminated? We did it in 2008 and it was super affordable. We had made an appointment. It was at the Polynesian and it was at least an hour long... I think we paid like $70. I just read that something equal now costs $400???
As far as I know, the only options that area available now are the 20 minute session for $180, and the hour long session at $399.

Does anyone know if there are photopass photographers at the water parks? I thought I one point there was, but I can't seem to find any recent info on it. Thanks!

Hi All!!

Quick question......i think the answer is yes but wanted to get confirmation on here. I bought photopass for my April trip which starts on the 16th. On the 15th I am staying offsite and going to Disney Springs for that night. I wanted to use the photopass studio set and was wondering if i can use photopass the day before I officially check into POR the next day. Not sure if it begins when I check in.

Any feedback would help, thanks!

Yes, you will get those pictures as part of your Memory Maker download.

Does anyone know if there are photopass photographers at the water parks? I thought I one point there was, but I can't seem to find any recent info on it. Thanks!

We did both water parks last August and there were photopass photographers from time to time at the edge of the wave pool at typhoon lagoon. Also one was stationed at one of the three slides at the bottom of crushin gusher and at the new family raft ride. Also saw them at Blizzard beach taking photos at summit plummit, the ski patrol area as kids went across the icebergs, and the bobbin wave pool. I believe these photographers are only there between Memorial Day and Labor Day though. We had many great photos taken.

We did both water parks last August and there were photopass photographers from time to time at the edge of the wave pool at typhoon lagoon. Also one was stationed at one of the three slides at the bottom of crushin gusher and at the new family raft ride. Also saw them at Blizzard beach taking photos at summit plummit, the ski patrol area as kids went across the icebergs, and the bobbin wave pool. I believe these photographers are only there between Memorial Day and Labor Day though. We had many great photos taken.
I believe that to be the case as well, only during the summer months.

Today is Friday. If I buy my Memory Maker today, will my MK pics on Monday be included? would 3 days be fri, sat sun or sat sun mon?

We purchased in advance of our Jan trip, and were pleased with the photos and ride photos, however it does not give me the option to save the VIDEOS- ride or magic shot ones. My 45 days is up on Monday so I’m hoping to find a way to save those as my family will enjoy getting to go back and view them in coming months.
We did not plan to pay the added $29.95 for the CD - however if we do, will the videos be included on that?

My family and I are leaving in a few weeks and want to purchase memory maker. My children and I are in one room, and my husband and his parents are listed in another room (they decided later that they would join us). The entire party, including my husband and his parents, are on my family and friends list, but I am the only person who has a MDX account. I have always made reservations, selected FPs for everyone, etc. If I buy memory maker, will the photos my husband and his parents have taken by photopass photographers still be included with my memory maker. Or do they need to have a MDX account so I can invite them to share? We usually stay in a DVC 2 bedroom all in the same room, so this has never been an issue before.
Thanks!

If I buy memory maker, will the photos my husband and his parents have taken by photopass photographers still be included with my memory maker.
Yes because everyone is on the same MDX account. Linked photos are based on the MDX account listing and not a resort reservation...this applies to anyone who has purchased Memory Maker because not everyone stays onsite.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts