Everything PhotoPass & Memory Maker

The newer rides like Frozen Ever After and the Mine Train only pick up the Magic Bands! Learned the hard way when we were in the parks with tickets a few years ago. If staying off-site with no Magic Bands, I would either bring one from a past trip or have one person buy one if you want those ride photos. HTH!

Downloading question.
I have an Annual Pass and thus my photos from my previous vacation in November are still in the system. Is there an easy way to download just the "newest" photos (from this most recent vacation) without re-downloading all the November ones? I just saw a "select all" option.

Downloading question.
I have an Annual Pass and thus my photos from my previous vacation in November are still in the system. Is there an easy way to download just the "newest" photos (from this most recent vacation) without re-downloading all the November ones? I just saw a "select all" option.
You would need to click on the grey check mark (to turn it green) for each photo you want to download. Once you've selected all the photos you want, click the 'Download' button.

There is a 'Select all visible media' option, BUT it doesn't work correctly. I tried it recently and it selected everything linked to my account and NOT the ones displayed based on the filter selected (was trying to just download some pictures taken at the Polynesian).

You would need to click on the grey check mark (to turn it green) for each photo you want to download. Once you've selected all the photos you want, click the 'Download' button.

There is a 'Select all visible media' option, BUT it doesn't work correctly. I tried it recently and it selected everything linked to my account and NOT the ones displayed based on the filter selected (was trying to just download some pictures taken at the Polynesian).
uuuugggghhh. I had a short trip (3 park days) .. and there is still a ton of photos to select and download via this method. Wow. What an awful interface.

Thanks thought.

Downloading question.

Make sure sort by is set to newest to oldest, and then just select the photos you need to download. I wish there were a quicker, easier way to go about it, but there is not.

Are the hard tickets (i.e. not magic bands) enabled with RFID chips for the ride photos, or is that only available for those with magic bands.

To have them automatically associated with your account, you would need a magic band. The on-ride photo uses a remote sensor to determine who is in the ride vehicle. Those sensors need the RFID chip to have power. The cards do not have a built in battery, but the bands do. This is also why older bands also may not work for on-ride photos (battery has a reported expected shelf life of around 2 years) but will still work at any tap point location. The touch points pick up power from the touch point itself, and do not require battery power. You can stop at a Photopass kiosk afterwards & give them the approx. time you rode to have them find the picture and add it to your account instead.

Question - my parents are able to purchase Memory Maker with their military discount. We will be at the parks together for three days, and then they're leaving and my family is staying for 2 more days. Would we be able to continue to add photos/videos to the MM account after they (the "owners" of the MM) leave?

Last edited:
Question - my parents are able to purchase Memory Maker with their military discount. We will be at the parks together for three days, and then they're leaving and my family is staying for 2 more days. Would we be able to continue to add photos/videos to the MM account after they (the "owners" of the MM) leave?
If you all share a single MDE account, yes.
If you have separate MDE accounts, as long as you are linked via the Family & Friends list and allow them to view your PhotoPass pictures, yes.

We are linked so that I can make FPs for all of us, but weirdly, their party shows up in my MDE, but none of our people (my husband, kids, or myself) are in theirs.

We are linked so that I can make FPs for all of us, but weirdly, their party shows up in my MDE, but none of our people (my husband, kids, or myself) are in theirs.
You will have to make certain that for each member of YOUR family, in your MDE Friends and Family list, under the "Update" tab for the family member with the Memory Maker, that the box for "Disney Photopass Photos" is solid green. As long as you do that for every member of your family, then your photos should all be available to the family member with the Memory Maker, and all of your photos, even ones taken after they return home, will be available for them to download.

Sorry if asked before but we just got back from our trip and the picture of the kids on buzz lighteryear had the wrong family’s picture uploaded to our memory maker account. When they got off the ride they didn’t see their picture and inquired about it because it’s a tiny son’s favorite and really wanted the picture. They said don’t worry it automatically uploads with your magic band, the rest of the rides worked fine. But theirs is not there. Any way to get those pictures from yesterday or are we out of luck?

Sorry if asked before but we just got back from our trip and the picture of the kids on buzz lighteryear had the wrong family’s picture uploaded to our memory maker account. When they got off the ride they didn’t see their picture and inquired about it because it’s a tiny son’s favorite and really wanted the picture. They said don’t worry it automatically uploads with your magic band, the rest of the rides worked fine. But theirs is not there. Any way to get those pictures from yesterday or are we out of luck?
Are you still at WDW? If you are, stop at any of the PhotoPass centers in a Theme Park or at Disney Springs. They should be able to find the pictures and link them.

If you are already home, you can contact PhotoPass and give them the date/time and description of the people and they should be able to find them.

https://mydisneyphotopass.disney.go.com/help-and-support/lost-media Give them as much information as possible, including descriptions of what the members in the photo were wearing, and if possible, give them another photo that was taken that day. It will greatly increase the odds of them locating your missing photos.

https://mydisneyphotopass.disney.go.com/help-and-support/lost-media Give them as much information as possible, including descriptions of what the members in the photo were wearing, and if possible, give them another photo that was taken that day. It will greatly increase the odds of them locating your missing photos.

I just wanted to second what @Tomh said - the PhotoPass people have been amazing at finding photos for me! In addition to attaching photos taken the same day, I've also included in my email relevant MagicBand ID numbers as well as the PhotoPass file name from other photos taken the same day but at different locations (along with the date/time etc.). I don't know whether it helps or not, but it's easy to do.

I purchased MM for my upcoming trip. My sister is linked to me but her family is not. If they ride something separately or get a picture without me or her will it show up in my Photopass? I want them to but I don't want to put all of them in my MDE.

Thanks.

I purchased MM for my upcoming trip. My sister is linked to me but her family is not. If they ride something separately or get a picture without me or her will it show up in my Photopass? I want them to but I don't want to put all of them in my MDE.

Thanks.
Log on to YOUR MDE account, go to your Family & Friends list and click 'Add a Guest'. It should (by default) show you a list of people you may know. This list should include your sisters family. If it shows them, select them and click done. The requests will need to be approved the the MDE account owner that manages the profiles.

If you don't see any of your sisters family, either she has her family & friends list set to private or the function is not working for you (it doesn't work for me anymore). If you call Disney's MDE tech support, they can help you get her family linked to you.

If she is staying on property, the 'Add a Guest' option also allows you to import by using their resort confirmation number. This option is only available on the MDE website.

I get all that. I do NOT want to add them all to my MDE. She is on there. If her family is linked to her and she is linked to me will they be able to see the photopass photos? Again, I do not want to add all of them to my MDE.

I get all that. I do NOT want to add them all to my MDE. She is on there. If her family is linked to her and she is linked to me will they be able to see the photopass photos? Again, I do not want to add all of them to my MDE.
@erionm gave you the correct answer. If you want to be able to download their photos via MM, then they absolutely need to be connected to you via MDE. If they are not connected to your MDE, then their photos will not be available for you to download. I know that isn't the answer you wanted, but it is the truth. So your options: 1) connect them to your MDE and you can download their photos via your MM. 2) Do not connect them to your MDE, and tell them that if they want their photos, they will need to purchase their own MM.

I have the Memory Maker. They do not. They have no photos for me to want to see. I thought that since she is linked to me and and has the ability to see my photopass photos then her family's MBs would be included as well. It appears that isn't the case.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter