Everything PhotoPass & Memory Maker

Which attractions don't have a photo preview wall where you can link photos manually (so you either have to have a MB or call Disney to have them search for your photo?)
7DMT and what else?
(maybe this could be added to the first post?)

Which attractions don't have a photo preview wall where you can link photos manually (so you either have to have a MB or call Disney to have them search for your photo?)
7DMT and what else?
(maybe this could be added to the first post?)
Frozen Ever After
Slinky Dog Dash
Haunted Mansion

Just to clarify- if I pre purchase memory maker this Friday morning it will be active on Monday when we arrive- so Friday is included in the 3 days before activation. Is this correct?
Friday will indeed be included in the 3 days as long as you make the purchase BEFORE the last park closes for the day. You will not be able to use it Friday, Saturday, or Sunday. Monday morning you will be good to go.

I have had the 3 day waiting period explained to me as follows:

It is not based on any number of hours, but rather, on "Disney Days" where each day ends when the last park closes for the day. So if MK is the last park to close on Friday, say at 11:00. If you purchase Memory Maker prior to 11:00, then you have purchased it during the day on Friday, and Friday will be the first day of your 3 day waiting period. If, however, you were to purchase it at 11:30, when all of the parks have already closed for the day, then Saturday would be the first day of your 3 day waiting period.

So we are arriving two days before our stay at WDW this year to visit with some friends. We plan on going to Downtown Disney and Attending MNSSHP during those two days, does anyone know if I pre-purchase Photopass and have my magic band that I will be able to use it in those two days? Thanks in advance....

So we are arriving two days before our stay at WDW this year to visit with some friends. We plan on going to Downtown Disney and Attending MNSSHP during those two days, does anyone know if I pre-purchase Photopass and have my magic band that I will be able to use it in those two days? Thanks in advance....
If you pre-purchase Memory Maker at least 3 days before the first of those two days, and have your Magic Bands with you (or a PhotoPass card from any of the PhotoPass photographers) you will be able to use your Memory Maker those two days, absolutely no question about it. Enjoy!

So we have been having an interesting set of problems, they seem to impact over 75% of our photos:

Background: both my husband and I have magic bands, staying at dolphin, one gold (mine) and one silver (his) annual passes. We admin it all through my MDE account.

Gold comes with photopass, silver doesn't AFAIK.

Issues we have had:
  • Missing photos
  • Photos appearing in double or triple (rides only. Example is 3 from space mountain )..
  • Different families appearing in our ride photos (for instance, last time we rode Buzz Lightyear, we got 3 photos, one of us, and two of some other random family... One time we actually got 4 from splash, two of us, two of some other random boat)
  • In one instance we have a blank photo dated a full week before our trip. Blank meaning empty car for buzz lightyear.
  • The photos from the photographers do NOT appear to be impacted

Are we an outlier, or have others seen these issues also?

So we have been having an interesting set of problems, they seem to impact over 75% of our photos:

Background: both my husband and I have magic bands, staying at dolphin, one gold (mine) and one silver (his) annual passes. We admin it all through my MDE account.

Issues we have had:
  • Missing photos
  • Photos appearing in double or triple (rides only. Example is 3 from space mountain )..
  • Different families appearing in our ride photos (for instance, last time we rode Buzz Lightyear, we got 3 photos, one of us, and two of some other random family... One time we actually got 4 from splash, two of us, two of some other random boat)
  • In one instance we have a blank photo dated a full week before our trip. Blank meaning empty car for buzz lightyear.

We haven’t had all those problems on the same trip, but we’ve had them all at one time or another. I just delete the ones I don’t want and fill out the Missing Photos online form for the missing ones. It’s annoying, but most technology doesn’t function right and is annoying at times.

Issues we have had:
  • Missing photos

We just got back and also had multiple ride photos. I think for us it was because my kids would tap their band at the photo wall at the exit AND the ride automatically picked up our bands on the rides so we had multiples.

Buzz lightyear was the only ride that we had several photos from other families as well as a video from another family AND a blank car on buzz. There must be some weird issue with that ride!

We only had individual copies of photopass photographer photos

Issues we have had:
  • Missing photos

Because the rides rely on the long ranger MB readers, there is a good bit more room for things to go wrong. If the reader, for any reason, is unable to read your band, you photo will be missing.

If you have two bands on you, or two riders each with one band in the same ride vehicle, or both of the above at the same time, you will end up with 2, 3, or even more copies of the same ride photo.

Different families is very likely a result of the reader happening to read your band when it takes their photo.

The blank photo from a week before your trip, I have no idea how that might have happened.

If you notice missing attraction photos while still at WDW, stop at any of the physical PhotoPass locations in a theme park or Disney Springs. They can access attraction photos by date/time and if the photo(s) are found they can link them to your account by having you scan your MB.

Does anyone remember what year they started including the "free" photopass pics with AP's? Meaning, which was the first year could you download them for free if you had an AP?

How successful is Disney at finding missing photos? We just left yesterday :guilty: and I've noticed some missing. I did fill out the form but curious how long that takes or if the pics are ever found?

I purchased Memory Maker for last week's trip. Got back yesterday and was about to begin downloading the pics, but then I decided to take a look at this thread first. I have a question about the following statement:

"In addition, once you download your first photo, you can add more photos to the Memory Maker for 30 days."

We'll be going back in 5 weeks if my girlfriend is sent to the credit union conference at the Swan & Dolphin (June 17-20). If I wait a few more weeks before I start downloading my MM photos, so that those days in June are in that 30 day window, does that mean I will get any photos I have taken on that trip as well?

How successful is Disney at finding missing photos? We just left yesterday :guilty: and I've noticed some missing. I did fill out the form but curious how long that takes or if the pics are ever found?
Pretty good. :) I had missing photos during a 2016 trip and it took a few days, but they found them!

Last year we were at DL and had missing photos as well and rather than fill out a form, we called (it might be different for DL) and they came up within hours.

Pretty good. :) I had missing photos during a 2016 trip and it took a few days, but they found them!

Last year we were at DL and had missing photos as well and rather than fill out a form, we called (it might be different for DL) and they came up within hours.

I too have found them to be very quick, no more than a day or two. When I fill out the form I include a photo taken the same day (often need to crop it to make it fit the size limit) and have also started including at least one of the MB ID numbers in my comments.

Friends of ours have APs. They have added us to their Friends and Family, so I know I can get my family's photos via his AP Memory Maker. Question, though, is his family is leaving 6/18, while mine is still there until 6/20. Will my family still be able to get photos via his AP MM after he is checked out?

Friends of ours have APs. They have added us to their Friends and Family, so I know I can get my family's photos via his AP Memory Maker. Question, though, is his family is leaving 6/18, while mine is still there until 6/20. Will my family still be able to get photos via his AP MM after he is checked out?
The resort stay doesn't matter. Your friends with the AP will be able to download all of your photos.

I think I may have posted this in another thread but this might be a better avenue - are people still seeing the opportunity to edit photos (add stickers/borders) on the app or has that functionality been removed as it has from the website? I can't seem to find it on my android, but would be willing to try on iOS if its still there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts