Everything PhotoPass & Memory Maker

Question on the PhotoPass/Memory Maker. Last year when we went, there was an option to put cute borders on your photopass photos or insert characters, etc. I don't see that option now either on the app on my phone or when I log into the Photopass website. Did they do away with putting these additional items in?

Question on the PhotoPass/Memory Maker. Last year when we went, there was an option to put cute borders on your photopass photos or insert characters, etc. I don't see that option now either on the app on my phone or when I log into the Photopass website. Did they do away with putting these additional items in?

Yes, sadly those options are a thing of the past.

I read the first post but I’m still not clear on something. My annual pass expires with my next trip. How long after my AP expires do I have to get the final pictures off? My AP expires May 14. Do I need to download my pictures that night?

I read the first post but I’m still not clear on something. My annual pass expires with my next trip. How long after my AP expires do I have to get the final pictures off? My AP expires May 14. Do I need to download my pictures that night?

No, you do not need to download them right away. My AP expired last August, and I still have photos from my August trip last year visible in My Disney Experience, so you should have plenty of time to download those photos.

We let our APs expire last year so we could buy new 4 or 5 months later. Our photos stayed in our file - had expiration dates that were 1 year + 30 days after they were taken.

You can still edit photos to add borders and stickers BUT ONLY if you have an iPhone and use the MDE mobile app for iOS.

You can still edit photos to add borders and stickers BUT ONLY if you have an iPhone and use the MDE mobile app for iOS.

Good to know. I had assumed that when it went away on Android, iOS would be soon to follow.

Tomh or someone who may know more...I have an AP, that I have had for a few years, and previously have had friends who are linked on my MDE, whose photos I could always see. This Sunday, while at WDW, this all changed in my MDE account. A friend was travelling with me, we both have APs and suddenly, all her photos each time she tapped her band for both this trip and all the previous trips, were gone. Today, all of my friends photos are gone. Is this a random thing, or has anyone else noticed this? Is Photopass getting wise to the MMshare? All of my photos including ones when my family members who I "mange plans for" photos are still there it is just my friend Jen, whose trip was before mine by a week, my friend Beth who was with me, and my friend Michelle who was also with me whose photos are "poof" gone away!? I am afraid of what this will mean for those who are in MMShares.

Tomh or someone who may know more...I have an AP, that I have had for a few years, and previously have had friends who are linked on my MDE, whose photos I could always see. This Sunday, while at WDW, this all changed in my MDE account. A friend was travelling with me, we both have APs and suddenly, all her photos each time she tapped her band for both this trip and all the previous trips, were gone. Today, all of my friends photos are gone. Is this a random thing, or has anyone else noticed this? Is Photopass getting wise to the MMshare? All of my photos including ones when my family members who I "mange plans for" photos are still there it is just my friend Jen, whose trip was before mine by a week, my friend Beth who was with me, and my friend Michelle who was also with me whose photos are "poof" gone away!? I am afraid of what this will mean for those who are in MMShares.
Oh jeez louise! Somehow I pushed a filter button to only mine....sorry for the crazy!

I noticed I have a Memory Maker confirmation number on my Tickets and Memory Maker tab in My Disney Experience. I didn't purchase it yet for the trip I'm currently planning. Is it an old number from a trip I took a few years ago? Do they not disappear from MDE after they've been used?

Oh jeez louise! Somehow I pushed a filter button to only mine....sorry for the crazy!

Well, I am glad you got it figured out before I even had a chance to respond, and that was going to be my first suggestion, that perhaps you had the filter turned on, simply because if that was happening to everyone, the boards and internet would be blowing up by now.

I noticed I have a Memory Maker confirmation number on my Tickets and Memory Maker tab in My Disney Experience. I didn't purchase it yet for the trip I'm currently planning. Is it an old number from a trip I took a few years ago? Do they not disappear from MDE after they've been used?
They don't normally show years later. I'm not really entirely sure what you have going on there.

debating whether to purchase memory maker or not. Is there a list of which rides have photos taken of you when you are on them?

debating whether to purchase memory maker or not. Is there a list of which rides have photos taken of you when you are on them?

I am not absolutely certain that this list will be 100% accurate, but here we go

Magic Kingdom

Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin (They also make a video from your photos)
Space Mountain
Seven Dwarfs Mine Train (Video here as well)
Haunted Mansion
Splash Mountain
Pirates of the Caribbean

Animal Kingdom

DINOSAUR
Expedition Everest

Epcot

Frozen Ever After
Test Track

Disney's Hollywood Studios

Rock 'n' Roller Coaster
Tower of Terror
Slinky Dog Dash

No on ride photos in Galaxy's Edge, but there are some very cool Magic Shots you can get from PhotoPass Photographers in the land.

In general, the ride photos are cool, but most of the photos we have really loved over our years of visiting Disney World have come from direct interaction with PhotoPass Photographers. While not all of the photographers are amazing, there are some who have a great deal of skill, and are very creative.

In general, the ride photos are cool, but most of the photos we have really loved over our years of visiting Disney World have come from direct interaction with PhotoPass Photographers. While not all of the photographers are amazing, there are some who have a great deal of skill, and are very creative.

This is exactly what we found on our previous trips. I’ve found that striking up a quick conversation or joking around with them, or your group, can really help. If the photographer is more interactive with your group, they’re more inclined to take some extra shots, magic shots, or offer up other suggestions for different shots.

Also agree that the skill level /experience of the PP photographers can really very. If you want that “special shot” of your family in front of the Castle, don’t just take one and figure you got it. If they’ve got multiple PP photographers down Main Street, and believe me they do, try multiple ones. Same goes for different times of the day. We like to get them on our way in and out of the park. So many element are out of your control, or the photographers control, that you’ll appreciate having ”too many shots” to choose from. Nothing worse than getting that ”perfect photo”, if it weren’t for that person shoving there face with food right behind you. :rotfl:

Personally we feel like we’ve had our best luck ”older” PP Photographer. It’s not uncommon to find some that are retired professionals photographers who love interacting with families at the parks. They’ve just got so much more experience and so many things are just second nature. Little things like positioning family to the sun properly, placing a sunset behind you to get that special glow, etc. Also, don’t find it uncommon that they took additional photos that you weren’t even aware of. Nothing against “younger“ PP Photographers, many are great, but you never know.

This is exactly what we found on our previous trips. I’ve found that striking up a quick conversation or joking around with them, or your group, can really help. If the photographer is more interactive with your group, they’re more inclined to take some extra shots, magic shots, or offer up other suggestions for different shots.

Also agree that the skill level /experience of the PP photographers can really very. If you want that “special shot” of your family in front of the Castle, don’t just take one and figure you got it. If they’ve got multiple PP photographers down Main Street, and believe me they do, try multiple ones. Same goes for different times of the day. We like to get them on our way in and out of the park. So many element are out of your control, or the photographers control, that you’ll appreciate having ”too many shots” to choose from. Nothing worse than getting that ”perfect photo”, if it weren’t for that person shoving there face with food right behind you. :rotfl:

Personally we feel like we’ve had our best luck ”older” PP Photographer. It’s not uncommon to find some that are retired professionals photographers who love interacting with families at the parks. They’ve just got so much more experience and so many things are just second nature. Little things like positioning family to the sun properly, placing a sunset behind you to get that special glow, etc. Also, don’t find it uncommon that they took additional photos that you weren’t even aware of. Nothing against “younger“ PP Photographers, many are great, but you never know.

Yes, yes yes. And, I'll add a bit on this thought. I am by no means a professional photographer, but I am an avid amateur, and I have the pleasure of knowing a couple of professionals. One thing I have learned through my own photography, and through conversations with professionals is to always take many many photos. Even professionals will have more throw away shots than keepers. You can apply that same philosophy to having photopass photos taken. There will be more throwaway shots than there will be keepers. Don't go into it hoping you will get 25 photos taken and they will all be amazing. Go into it expecting that you will get 200 photos taken, and 10 or 15 of them will be amazing. That is generally the reality of photography. It is why when you have family photos taken, they take so many different shots. The same with school photos. They don't just taken one, they take many, that way they greatly increase their odds that there will be one in the set that the family will really want.

Go to the parks expecting to have lots of photos taken, that way you get that hand full of shots that are really magical, and you will not be disappointed with the results of your Memory Maker purchase.

Ok, so I'm downloading all my photos from my trip and I selected them all and hit download. It put them in a few zip files and I extracted them. After extracting, I started looking at them and found some photos that weren't even showing up in my Disney account such as our Dinosaur on ride photo. I also had photos of people that didn't have me in them, like some random family on Slinky Dog dash. Also, not all photos were downloaded like they were supposed to be so now I have to go in and download one by one. Very frustrating. How do I know I'm not missing more photos?

Ok, so I'm downloading all my photos from my trip and I selected them all and hit download. It put them in a few zip files and I extracted them. After extracting, I started looking at them and found some photos that weren't even showing up in my Disney account such as our Dinosaur on ride photo. I also had photos of people that didn't have me in them, like some random family on Slinky Dog dash. Also, not all photos were downloaded like they were supposed to be so now I have to go in and download one by one. Very frustrating. How do I know I'm not missing more photos?

The only real answer I can give you is to contact PhotoPass customer support, and let them know what is happening. Perhaps if enough people complain about these issues, Disney will eventually look at what is going on with that website, and do something about it.

With all the construction going on in Epcot, is there still a Photopass location to get a picture in from of Spaceship Earth?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!