Everything PhotoPass & Memory Maker

Doing a split UNI/DIS trip in February. Going to spend 2 maybe 3 days max at DIS. Being that it is the offseason and we are there for only a short time do you think that there will be enough photo ops to make it worth paying the money for the Memory Maker and does it ever go on sale?

Only you can decide whether you will get enough photos in those three days for the Memory Maker to be worth it. For me, on such a short trip, I would probably not concentrate on having photos taken, and so I likely would not make the purchase. Memory Maker does not go on sale. The closest you get to a sale is the pre-purchase price which is a bit less expensive than buying it day of.

If I upgrade to an Annual Pass, will I be able to include all of my photos the same day?

Yes, not only will any photo you have taken that day be included, but any photo you have had taken in the past year plus 30 days will also magically reappear in your photopass account where you will be able to download it.

I figured out a neat little trick for the one-day Memory Maker. I'm sure it's been mentioned already but here goes anyway:
So, if you're already home from vacation, the one day Memory Maker is only available through the MDE experience. Not sure why it's not also available online, but I digress. I keep vacation photos on the home computer because it has a backup drive, so downloading to my phone isn't ideal.

But I found a neat little trick for the one day Memory Maker so you can download all of a day's pictures to your computer.

1. On your home computer, log into your My Disney Experience account.
2. On your phone, open the MDE app and go to Photos
3. Purchase the one-day Memory Maker through the app
4. After the transaction is complete, switch to your computer (already logged into your MDE account) and go to photos
5. You should be able to select all your photos for one particular day and be able to download them to your computer. If not, refresh the screen and let the website recognize you purchased the 1-day MM.
6. Do a little dance 8-)

I keep vacation photos on the home computer because it has a backup drive, so downloading to my phone isn't ideal.

You know you can download to your phone and your home computer (and your tablet and to as many other devices as you want), right? While we’re there, I download a few to my phone to email to family back home and to my tablet to set as wallpaper, then at home I download them all to our desktop so they’ll be backed up.

I am on the Photopass site and I cannot find the Download all button. Also, can you download a date range of pictures. We have pictures from several trips and we don't want to download pictures from all our trips, just our most recent trip.

I am on the Photopass site and I cannot find the Download all button. Also, can you download a date range of pictures. We have pictures from several trips and we don't want to download pictures from all our trips, just our most recent trip.
The download all button actually says something like download all visible, and should be above the photos, on the right side of the screen.

As for downloading a range of photos, no. You can download a single photo, or you can download everything, no other options exist, sorry.

I am wondering if it is worth it and can I buy this when in the park. And would it cover for all all park for all days? do they use their camera and we can just ask them as we see them and they will take pictures?

I am wondering if it is worth it and can I buy this when in the park. And would it cover for all all park for all days? do they use their camera and we can just ask them as we see them and they will take pictures?
If you purchase Memory Maker at full price ($199), it will include all unexpired photos already linked to your PhotoPass account plus any new photos taken.
If purchased at the advance visit price ($169), there is a 3 day waiting period from the date you purchase MM. Any photos taken within 3 days of purchase will not be downloadable.

The PhotoPass photographer or character attendant will take pictures using your camera if you ask.

I am eligible for the military discount on the PhotoPass but it doesn't appear that I can purchase that until I actually get there. My cousin is arriving 2 days before me. Will I be able to get her pictures too? Or only from the day I actually purchase?

I am eligible for the military discount on the PhotoPass but it doesn't appear that I can purchase that until I actually get there. My cousin is arriving 2 days before me. Will I be able to get her pictures too? Or only from the day I actually purchase?

I believe that when you purchase the Memory Maker with the Military discount you will be able to download any photos that are in your account when you purchase it. Just make certain that your cousin, and anyone that is travelling with her, are connected to you through MDE, and you should be all set.

Can you get this cards at Will Call? I ordered most of them from UndercoverTourist but the one set I got from Disney itself just came as an email, so I assume that we'll need to go there anyway for the actual tickets.

I'm not certain about getting PhotoPass cards at Will Call, but you can get one from any PhotoPass Photographer anywhere on property.

If you purchase Memory Maker at full price ($199), it will include all unexpired photos already linked to your PhotoPass account plus any new photos taken.
If purchased at the advance visit price ($169), there is a 3 day waiting period from the date you purchase MM. Any photos taken within 3 days of purchase will not be downloadable.

The PhotoPass photographer or character attendant will take pictures using your camera if you ask.
So we are in Disney now and if I bought it today. I can start using it right and just walk up to the photographers and they will take it. Do I have to scan my ticket or magic band? And what did you mean by the 3 day thing not available for download. Is this for magic kingdom only or all parks and all days we are here is included in the price.

So we are in Disney now and if I bought it today. I can start using it right and just walk up to the photographers and they will take it. Do I have to scan my ticket or magic band? And what did you mean by the 3 day thing not available for download. Is this for magic kingdom only or all parks and all days we are here is included in the price.
I might be easier if you stop in any of the Camera Centers in the parks or the PhotoPass studio at Disney Springs. The CMs at those locations can go over everything regarding Memory Maker with you.

I might be easier if you stop in any of the Camera Centers in the parks or the PhotoPass studio at Disney Springs. The CMs at those locations can go over everything regarding Memory Maker with you.
How can I find where the camera centers are in magic kingdom? Anyway to see it in the Disney app? Maybe on Main Street?

How can I find where the camera centers are in magic kingdom? Anyway to see it in the Disney app? Maybe on Main Street?
The MK Camera Center is located by the Town Square Theater (near Tony's Town Square Restaurant).

On our last trip 4 years ago, we got memory maker and felt it was worth it. But a bunch of the magic shots didn't work? Have they improved the magic shot consistency or is it still hit or miss?

On our last trip 4 years ago, we got memory maker and felt it was worth it. But a bunch of the magic shots didn't work? Have they improved the magic shot consistency or is it still hit or miss?
Most of mine have been just fine. If you should get one that didn't work, you can reach out to PhotoPass, and they will very likely be able to fix it for you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!