Everything PhotoPass & Memory Maker

I’m having trouble locating the thread I seem to remember about current magic shot offerings.

I had pretty good luck on my solo trip, although I think I need to be more specific when asking for certain magic shots. And some locations didn’t have photographers when I happened to walk by.

Overall, I LOVE having the photos, even if some are bad. Not sure how I’d feel if I was paying each time, but love that it’s included with my AP.

But if @WaterLinds chooses not to download any photos, she can save MM for her next trip.

I’m not sure if she can purchase an individual photo via her MDX. I’m linked to a friend with an AP. I can view all his photos but if I choose to buy a photo, the only option I’m given, on the app, is purchase 1 Day of Photos, or, Memory Maker @ $199. It doesn’t offer a single photo purchase.
Ok, so there's no expiry date or anything on the MM package IF it isn't activated? (I know about the 30/45 day limits) That was how I was reading it, but I couldn't find a definite answer--I spent a while trawling the website, too. Maybe I'll call this week to verify that...

We've enjoyed looking at some of the ride photos but probably not enough to want/need to buy them, so I suspect I'll just save it for next trip and try to be more organized with specific shots we want to get. We'll have more park days next time so it won't feel like a waste of time to chase down a few photos! This trip felt too hectic to make it worthwhile.

Ok, so there's no expiry date or anything on the MM package IF it isn't activated?
Correct. It sits in your MDX until you actually download 1 of any photos linked to your MDX account. Your current photos will expire at the end of the regular Photopass timeframe.

But if @WaterLinds chooses not to download any photos, she can save MM for her next trip.

I’m not sure if she can purchase an individual photo via her MDX. I’m linked to a friend with an AP. I can view all his photos but if I choose to buy a photo, the only option I’m given, on the app, is purchase 1 Day of Photos, or, Memory Maker @ $199. It doesn’t offer a single photo purchase.
Thanks for the clarification. I dug all over the internet trying to find the right answer for that question. Most things PhotoPass / Memory Maker I've done, but that is one I have not tried. Always something new to learn!

Thanks for the clarification. I dug all over the internet trying to find the right answer for that question. Most things PhotoPass / Memory Maker I've done, but that is one I have not tried. Always something new to learn!
It’s similar to having a ‘ticket’ for Memory Maker and downloading a photo puts it into effect.

I do find it strange that the Photopass system doesn’t allow me the option to purchase 1 photo via the app. I haven’t tried the website.

As for deciding to buy just one photo when you already have Memory Maker, a workaround could be just buying the single photo from one of the linked profiles. As long as the person buying the single photo isn't the person the Memory Maker is attached to it should be fine.

We are DVC Gold AP holders, so MM (or Photopass...or one of those) comes with that. I can see all of our photos on my MDE app from my phone. When I log onto my account online, and go to "my photos" option, it says we have zero photos. Yet I see them all on my MDE account from my phone.

All I see on-line is the photo book I had made from our 11/2016 trip. But no photos at all from our 1/2018 trip. Any idea what I am doing wrong and how I might be able to see the photos from my computer?

First thought is . . .. did you make sure you have scrolled all the way down? Second thought, did you check to make sure you aren't set to view just that photo book? Have you tried logging in directly through the PhotoPass website? https://mydisneyphotopass.disney.go.com/mymedia/

If none of that works, try contacting PhotoPass guest services https://mydisneyphotopass.disney.go.com/help-and-support/contact-us or call (407) 560 4300 7 days a week, from 9:00 am to 9:00 pm Eastern time and by all means, once it is worked out, please let us know how you fixed it. This could be good information for a future faq.

Which browser are you using? On my home computer I had to change setting in Chrome to get my photos to appear. On my work computer I cant' change the settings on Chrome and I can't see any pictures, but it I switch to Firefox or IE then they all appear.

First thought is . . .. did you make sure you have scrolled all the way down? Second thought, did you check to make sure you aren't set to view just that photo book? Have you tried logging in directly through the PhotoPass website? https://mydisneyphotopass.disney.go.com/mymedia/

If none of that works, try contacting PhotoPass guest services https://mydisneyphotopass.disney.go.com/help-and-support/contact-us or call (407) 560 4300 7 days a week, from 9:00 am to 9:00 pm Eastern time and by all means, once it is worked out, please let us know how you fixed it. This could be good information for a future faq.

Here is a picture of the screen that would pop up when I used the "My Photos" link from MDE on my computer:

IMG_3370.JPG

Nothing more is at the bottom when I scroll all the way down except for the generic website menu options.

Which browser are you using? On my home computer I had to change setting in Chrome to get my photos to appear. On my work computer I cant' change the settings on Chrome and I can't see any pictures, but it I switch to Firefox or IE then they all appear.

I use Firefox (which is what is being used in the image above). I switched to IE and still no photos. So I tried Microsoft Edge and...BOOM:

IMG_3371.jpg

It WORKED!!! Thank you, both, so much for your suggestions!!!

The blank screen is what my screen looked like when I used Chrome, but Firefox was fine. I have no idea what I changed to make Chrome work. It's just a picky website. Glad you got your pictures!

So glad to see this worked out. Obviously it is some kind of setting or feature you have in Firefox and IE which is causing problems. Maybe an ad blocker, or popup blocker. I have always used Firefox with PhotoPass and never had a problem. Would be nice to know why it has worked for me, but not for you.

So glad to see this worked out. Obviously it is some kind of setting or feature you have in Firefox and IE which is causing problems. Maybe an ad blocker, or popup blocker. I have always used Firefox with PhotoPass and never had a problem. Would be nice to know why it has worked for me, but not for you.

Who knows. It worked just fine on this same computer using Firefox last year for our Nov. 2016 photos. But I do use an ad blocker now that I did not use then, so you might be on to something there.

Thanks again for the help! I'm glad it was such an easy fix. I don't think I would have ever thought to switch browsers, even though I have had to do that for other issues in the past.

If you see that you have Memory Maker, and it is assigned to you, then you are good for that aspect.

Anyone who is going to have their picture taken should be connected to you through Friends and Family. You should each go into your friends and family list, and click on the word Update next to each other's names. In the dialogue that pops up, be certain that the box next to My Disney PhotoPass Photos is filled in solid green, and save. Finally, on the Disney World website, under MyDisneyExperience, under Photography, click on My Photos. If it prompts for where your photos were taken, click Disney World, sign in again if it requires, then on the new page that opens, be sure you are on the Photos & Videos tab, and under "Want to share photos with others?" make sure you have a check mark next to "include photos shared by Family & Friends." That should be all you need to do to see your friends photos.

You won't actually see anything relating to Memory Maker until you are ready to download photos. When you are ready to download, that is when you "activate" your Memory Maker Entitlement. On the Photos & Videos tab of the PhotoPass site, select a photo to bring up it's options. Select the green "Download" button. Select the next green Download button as well. You will then see a new button pop up on the "Photos and Videos" tab page called "Download Photos." Now you can download your photos using the Memory Maker entitlement.

in my MDE I can see we purchased it, with confirmation number. We have no photos yet as our trip isn't until Monday, but I can not find it in my mobile app on Iphone. Second issue is that in my MDA account when I click on family and friends list, I can click on update but there is no box to check off in green about photopass...any help? thank you

In My Disney Experience, under My Reservations and Tickets, is that where you see Memory Maker? If not, at the bottom it says "Don't See Your Memory Maker Purchase?" There is a button you can click "Link Memory Maker" which should help you.

What you are looking for in the "update" tab on your Friends and Family list is this:

Friends and family photo share.JPG

If I buy an ap will going to Aulani cover Photopasses there? Or do I have to buy their kind of Memory Maker?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!