Everything PhotoPass & Memory Maker

I have a question. We were at Magic Kingdom for a single day a few weeks ago. We were there on the 9th and we stayed for the After Hours event. We have photos that the photographers took and the only option I see is to spend $70 for a single day’s worth of photos. Some of the photos are on the 9th, but others that we want were taken on the 10th due to the After Hours event. Will Disney consider this all the same day so I can obtain the photos that were taken on the 9th as well as during the After Hours event that fell into the 10th? Also, we seem to have a lot of shots missing from the rides. We scanned our bands at Splash Mountain and Buzz Lightyear. We also rode Seven Dwarfs and didn’t get any photos for that. Now granted, we were using bands that are two years old. I know seven dwarfs uses long range communications to link the photos. But the ones where we physically touched our bands were not there. Any possible reason for this?

I have a question. We were at Magic Kingdom for a single day a few weeks ago. We were there on the 9th and we stayed for the After Hours event. We have photos that the photographers took and the only option I see is to spend $70 for a single day’s worth of photos. Some of the photos are on the 9th, but others that we want were taken on the 10th due to the After Hours event. Will Disney consider this all the same day so I can obtain the photos that were taken on the 9th as well as during the After Hours event that fell into the 10th? Also, we seem to have a lot of shots missing from the rides. We scanned our bands at Splash Mountain and Buzz Lightyear. We also rode Seven Dwarfs and didn’t get any photos for that. Now granted, we were using bands that are two years old. I know seven dwarfs uses long range communications to link the photos. But the ones where we physically touched our bands were not there. Any possible reason for this?
Yes, a Disney day starts when the first park opens for the day, and does not end until the last park closes for the day, so your after hours event photos will be part of the single day Memory Maker you purchase.

My husband and I had a Capture Your Moment reservation for our May trip. We rescheduled our May trip to September and then I cancelled the CYM reservation in the MDE app. I got a confirmation email that it was cancelled but didn't receive a confirmation that I would be refunded (we had to prepay for the experience). Anyone have any experience cancelling this reservation and being refunded? I wanted to wait a while before calling Disney because of the current wait times...

My husband and I had a Capture Your Moment reservation for our May trip. We rescheduled our May trip to September and then I cancelled the CYM reservation in the MDE app. I got a confirmation email that it was cancelled but didn't receive a confirmation that I would be refunded (we had to prepay for the experience). Anyone have any experience cancelling this reservation and being refunded? I wanted to wait a while before calling Disney because of the current wait times...

Question answered - the refund came through today!

Hoping this is the right board to ask this question --
We have annual pass vouchers that we'll be (hopefully!!) activating in July.
Do I need to go through the motions of "purchasing" Memory Maker before hand? I don't see it on my MDE app. Or will it automatically work/show up when we activate the AP's?
(I recall when purchasing MM before, and getting a voucher that was then linked with my MDE)

Hoping this is the right board to ask this question --
We have annual pass vouchers that we'll be (hopefully!!) activating in July.
Do I need to go through the motions of "purchasing" Memory Maker before hand? I don't see it on my MDE app. Or will it automatically work/show up when we activate the AP's?
(I recall when purchasing MM before, and getting a voucher that was then linked with my MDE)
It doesn’t really show in MDE as Memory Maker. It’s just that within a short time after you activate your AP, any PhotoPass photo you’ve had taken in the last year will reappear in your PP account without watermarks, free for download as many times as you want, and new ones will be added as you go three term of your AP.

This may sound like a silly question but when we go for our next trip in August, I assume we will all still be wearing face masks. Will the Photo Pass photogs allow us to pull down the masks just for the photos to be taken and then pull them back up again? Otherwise, I'm not overly convinced on spending money for pictures where you can't see us smiling in them.

question - can i have pictures taken by photogs and on rides and then loaded onto my disney experience app through my magic band if i don't purchase memory maker? will i be able to view them online and make single photo purchases? or is the only way to get and view pictures with a memory maker purchase

question - can i have pictures taken by photogs and on rides and then loaded onto my disney experience app through my magic band if i don't purchase memory maker? will i be able to view them online and make single photo purchases? or is the only way to get and view pictures with a memory maker purchase
You can view any pictures linked to MDE account even if you haven't purchased Memory Maker.

Does anyone think we will be able to take family pictures without masks when the parks reopen? Going in August with all of the new restrictions but if we can’t take off masks I’m struggling to see how this even makes sense anymore.

So, first off, sorry for the delayed responses. Things got crazy busy for me, so I have been among the missing for the last month. Life has gotten a bit closer to normal for me now, and I am back :)

This may sound like a silly question but when we go for our next trip in August, I assume we will all still be wearing face masks. Will the Photo Pass photogs allow us to pull down the masks just for the photos to be taken and then pull them back up again? Otherwise, I'm not overly convinced on spending money for pictures where you can't see us smiling in them.

I do not believe that you will be allowed to remove your mask for photos in the parks, though to be honest, I am not sure. In August, people will need to drink constantly to stay hydrated, perhaps more so than normal with the additional heat of having their faces covered all day, and it is pretty much impossible to drink with any kind of mask on. The same goes for eating. To be honest, I'm not sure how that is going to be handled.

Yes, you can have pictures taken without buying Memory Maker. Use your Magic Band, and all of the pictures will appear in your My Disney Experience app, where you can view them, and then if you want, you can purchase individual photos, a one day memory maker, or the length of trip memory maker, or choose not to purchase anything.

Does anyone think we will be able to take family pictures without masks when the parks reopen? Going in August with all of the new restrictions but if we can’t take off masks I’m struggling to see how this even makes sense anymore.

I don't believe this will be allowed, but I am not at all certain. You could try contacting Photopass and see if they might be able to shed some light on this.

So, first off, sorry for the delayed responses. Things got crazy busy for me, so I have been among the missing for the last month. Life has gotten a bit closer to normal for me now, and I am back :)

I do not believe that you will be allowed to remove your mask for photos in the parks, though to be honest, I am not sure. In August, people will need to drink constantly to stay hydrated, perhaps more so than normal with the additional heat of having their faces covered all day, and it is pretty much impossible to drink with any kind of mask on. The same goes for eating. To be honest, I'm not sure how that is going to be handled.

Yes, you can have pictures taken without buying Memory Maker. Use your Magic Band, and all of the pictures will appear in your My Disney Experience app, where you can view them, and then if you want, you can purchase individual photos, a one day memory maker, or the length of trip memory maker, or choose not to purchase anything.

I don't believe this will be allowed, but I am not at all certain. You could try contacting Photopass and see if they might be able to shed some light on this.
I have done that very thing, just now. When I get an answer I will post here.

I have done that very thing, just now. When I get an answer I will post here.
Okay, I got the reply from Disney and this is what they said.

Greetings Toni,

Thank you for contacting us for assistance with our Disney PhotoPass® service.

All Guests ages 2 and above and Cast Members are required to wear an appropriate face covering over both their nose and mouth. Guests must bring their own face coverings and wear them at all times, except when dining or swimming, and except when Resort Guests are in their rooms. At this time, we’re focused on consistent health and safety measures. Therefore, there are no exceptions to this policy.

We understand that these times are challenging, and we appreciate everyone’s cooperation and patience and as we navigate as responsibly as we can. At this time, we’re focused on consistent health and safety measures. We know this is difficult, and there is nothing normal about this time in our lives.

Please let us know if any further assistance is needed.

Sincerely,

Arlyn
Guest Support Team
Disney Photo Imaging
Phone: 407-560-4300

So it looks like I won't have to worry about buying any Photo Pass pix, at least in the foreseeable future. Hope this was helpful to some of my fellow wonderers.

Okay, I got the reply from Disney and this is what they said.

Greetings Toni,

Thank you for contacting us for assistance with our Disney PhotoPass® service.

All Guests ages 2 and above and Cast Members are required to wear an appropriate face covering over both their nose and mouth. Guests must bring their own face coverings and wear them at all times, except when dining or swimming, and except when Resort Guests are in their rooms. At this time, we’re focused on consistent health and safety measures. Therefore, there are no exceptions to this policy.

We understand that these times are challenging, and we appreciate everyone’s cooperation and patience and as we navigate as responsibly as we can. At this time, we’re focused on consistent health and safety measures. We know this is difficult, and there is nothing normal about this time in our lives.

Please let us know if any further assistance is needed.

Sincerely,

Arlyn
Guest Support Team
Disney Photo Imaging
Phone: 407-560-4300

So it looks like I won't have to worry about buying any Photo Pass pix, at least in the foreseeable future. Hope this was helpful to some of my fellow wonderers.
Thank you so much for reporting back to us with that information!

I agree, I can't imagine very many people wanting to pay for vacation photos with everyone's faces covered by a mask. I suspect they won't be selling many Memory Maker packages until this is over.

Has anyone done the Capture Your Moment Photopass experience? We are going on a family trip in November, and I am trying to decide if we need it. We are a party of 10 who already have Memory Maker.

Has anyone done the Capture Your Moment Photopass experience? We are going on a family trip in November, and I am trying to decide if we need it. We are a party of 10 who already have Memory Maker.
Following since I am wondering the same thing. I have 7 of us going in November and thought it might be a neat keepsake but I too already have Memory Maker.

Has anyone been in the parks to see if memory maker is worth it. Do they have photographers all over as normal or is it hit or miss? Any feedback from anyone?

Has anyone been in the parks to see if memory maker is worth it. Do they have photographers all over as normal or is it hit or miss? Any feedback from anyone?

I would love to know this too. Also, is it worth it for pictures with masks?

I would love to know this too. Also, is it worth it for pictures with masks?

I've not been in the parks, so I have no idea how many Photopass photographers are around, nor do I know what steps they might be taking to make photos a bit more special, but I am with you in wondering if there is really any value in photos with masks on.

We will be going to Disney in November. I always said next time we go I'm going to buy the Memory Marker package and now I don't know what to do. Waiting to see what happens.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!