Everything PhotoPass & Memory Maker

We will be going to Disney in November. I always said next time we go I'm going to buy the Memory Marker package and now I don't know what to do. Waiting to see what happens.

I wish I had a great answer for you, but the truth of the matter is, I don't know. I'm not terribly certain how many photopass photographers are actually in the parks now. I know that park hours are significantly shorter. With fewer hours in the parks, theoretically, you will have fewer opportunities to have photos taken, and the photos you do have taken are going to feature face masks.

To be completely honest, I think for me, I would not be able to justify the cost right now.

Does anyone know if photopass photographers are still able to take pictures with your own phone/camara? We don’t really want to buy the photo pass pictures, but still want everyone in some of the pictures.

Does anyone know if photopass photographers are still able to take pictures with your own phone/camara? We don’t really want to buy the photo pass pictures, but still want everyone in some of the pictures.
No. Disney's safety restrictions currently do not allow Photopass photographers to use guests' cameras to take pictures.

Are single photo downloads not a thing anymore? Or just not available in MDE? We just got back home today and we didn’t get memory maker because of mask restrictions, and frankly, I’m glad we didn’t because we didn’t see nearly the amount of photographers around, but we did get one or two pics I’d like to buy just to remember the trip

Are single photo downloads not a thing anymore? Or just not available in MDE? We just got back home today and we didn’t get memory maker because of mask restrictions, and frankly, I’m glad we didn’t because we didn’t see nearly the amount of photographers around, but we did get one or two pics I’d like to buy just to remember the trip
As far as I know, they are still a thing. I believe that if you click on the photo you want, you should be given options for unlimited downloads of that photo, unlimited downloads of photos from that day, or the Memory Maker.

This is the only options it’s giving me

Man, this is a bummer! With the Photopass photographers not able to take photos with our phones and it probably not being the best form to ask another guest to take them either, this means Photopass is likely our only way to get a family photo on our trip. I really don't want to pay $70 just for one photo :(

Downloading

On the Photopass website, you have two options. You can download a single photo, or you can create a download set with all of your photos. For those using Memory Maker, my suggestion is make all of your edits, then make a full download set. Once you have downloaded your photos, you can get them printed as you see fit, or use them to create products for unique family keepsakes.

How do we make a full photo set to download? I am only finding the single download option and have hundreds of photos.

Thanks!

Man, this is a bummer! With the Photopass photographers not able to take photos with our phones and it probably not being the best form to ask another guest to take them either, this means Photopass is likely our only way to get a family photo on our trip. I really don't want to pay $70 just for one photo :(

I use a mini tripod and bluetooth remote in the parks! Super simple and easy to use.

When using the MDE mobile app, it's one at a time.
When using the MDE website, once you select one picture a "Select all visible media" check box will become available.

View attachment 519928
I'm using the website, but don't see that option to download - where is it? All I see is the option to download under each photo.

I'm using the website, but don't see that option to download - where is it? All I see is the option to download under each photo.

When you are on the page that displays all photos, hover over one and click the grey check mark to turn it green.

Once you do that, the option to "Select all visible media" will appear towards the top right of the page.

I know another poster already suggested this, but I would go with a mini tripod, and phone mount, and then either use a remote, or just use the self timer mode on your phone camera. One bonus of the considerably less busy parks is you can probably get away with this, and not have 30 people walk between you and the phone while you are trying to take the picture.

How do we make a full photo set to download? I am only finding the single download option and have hundreds of photos.

Thanks!

I know erionm already gave you the information you need. I just wanted to thank you for pointing out that bit of my overview is outdated, and no longer works. Sadly, with as much information as there is in that, it is super easy for me to miss when something changes. I will update it shortly!

When you are on the page that displays all photos, hover over one and click the grey check mark to turn it green.
View attachment 521295

Once you do that, the option to "Select all visible media" will appear towards the top right of the page.
View attachment 521296

@erionm thank you again for your quick, and super accurate response!

Last edited:
DH and I just booked an early Dec trip and are staying off property so no magic bands. Usually when we go I get the memory maker so I can have all the photos. I'm thinking it isn't worth the cost this trip with the masks on. If I still would like to have the photopass people take our picture do they still give you cards they scan that can be downloaded in the app and you purchase pictures if you want them?

DH and I just booked an early Dec trip and are staying off property so no magic bands. Usually when we go I get the memory maker so I can have all the photos. I'm thinking it isn't worth the cost this trip with the masks on. If I still would like to have the photopass people take our picture do they still give you cards they scan that can be downloaded in the app and you purchase pictures if you want them?
If you have a Magic Band from a previous trip, that will work. Otherwise, as for a card.

I use a mini tripod and bluetooth remote in the parks! Super simple and easy to use.
I'm interested in this idea but I'm curious what size your "mini" tripod is? I haven't purchased anything like that and it sounds like a great idea. It's apparently not something that security cares if you have? Thanks for any help or suggestions you can give.

I'm interested in this idea but I'm curious what size your "mini" tripod is? I haven't purchased anything like that and it sounds like a great idea. It's apparently not something that security cares if you have? Thanks for any help or suggestions you can give.

I bought mine from Target. It's the "Joby Griptight One GorillaPod Stand". It's about 6 inches in length, security has never given me a problem about it.

Tops of trashcans work the best because there's so many of them but any flat ledge will work.

I bought mine from Target. It's the "Joby Griptight One GorillaPod Stand". It's about 6 inches in length, security has never given me a problem about it.

Tops of trashcans work the best because there's so many of them but any flat ledge will work.
Great! I'll look into that one. Thanks for the help!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!