Everything PhotoPass & Memory Maker

Are they allowing selfie sticks? I know they didn't before. Just wondering if that has changed.

I'm interested in this idea but I'm curious what size your "mini" tripod is? I haven't purchased anything like that and it sounds like a great idea. It's apparently not something that security cares if you have? Thanks for any help or suggestions you can give.
I purchased a couple of different ones off Amazon, and Ebay. All are more or less the same, pretty inexpensive, about 6 inches or so when folded. I use it in combination with a cell phone mount, also from either Ebay or Amazon, and as a previous poster said, garbage cans are your best friend :)

Here now and the photographers are a lot fewer than usual. The ones that are here rarely have any lines, they all look bored. But missing a lot of the ones we normally see around.

Here now and the photographers are a lot fewer than usual. The ones that are here rarely have any lines, they all look bored. But missing a lot of the ones we normally see around.
do you ask (each one) for magic shots? Any new ones??

Would you say the Memory Maker is worth it right now if there are less CM taking pictures and everyone is wearing masks? We've purchased MM before and have attend without it. Not sure it is worth it this time...??

Would you say the Memory Maker is worth it right now if there are less CM taking pictures and everyone is wearing masks? We've purchased MM before and have attend without it. Not sure it is worth it this time...??
Naturally, I can only give you my opinion, which may or may not have any real value. Additionally, my opinion at this point, is based solely on reports I have read here, as I have not been to the parks since August of 2019.

That all having been said, for me, with the shorter park hours, reports of fewer photographers in the parks, and the mask requirements, I don't believe it would be worth the price of the Memory Maker.

Here now. No problem finding photographers with minimal waits (if any). The photos with the masks do suck though. I hate that you can't pull it down for a pic, but whatever.

What I am VERY disappointed in is the number of photos we are not getting. We did Space 2x, 7 dwarfs, HM, SM, and POC and we did Dinosaur once and Everest twice. As of this morning we have almost NO ride photos.

Here now. No problem finding photographers with minimal waits (if any). The photos with the masks do suck though. I hate that you can't pull it down for a pic, but whatever.

What I am VERY disappointed in is the number of photos we are not getting. We did Space 2x, 7 dwarfs, HM, SM, and POC and we did Dinosaur once and Everest twice. As of this morning we have almost NO ride photos.
Are your MB fairly new? The on ride photos rely on the long range transmitter, which relies on a small battery in the MB. They tend to last about two years before that battery runs out, and it is not replaceable.

If you have other photos from those days, showing what you all are wearing, you can contact PhotoPass, give them as much information about the missing photos as possible, along with a photo showing your outfits from those days (not required, but helps them a lot) and they will try to locate your missing photos. They have a pretty good success rate.

https://mydisneyphotopass.disney.go.com/help-and-support/lost-media

Are your MB fairly new? The on ride photos rely on the long range transmitter, which relies on a small battery in the MB. They tend to last about two years before that battery runs out, and it is not replaceable.

If you have other photos from those days, showing what you all are wearing, you can contact PhotoPass, give them as much information about the missing photos as possible, along with a photo showing your outfits from those days (not required, but helps them a lot) and they will try to locate your missing photos. They have a pretty good success rate.

https://mydisneyphotopass.disney.go.com/help-and-support/lost-media
I can confirm this. The only one of many missing photos they couldn’t find for us was one from Everest. The photo system wasn’t working at the time we rode.

I know "worth it" is so relative, but here goes.
FH and I are going for 4 days in Jan. It is our first trip to Wdw together. We aren't taking any of our kids. I know this may be memorable to some that this is the first trip for us that masks are required, so some may say to document it as something to tell our kids. To me, the masks make my heart sad. I'm very excited to take this trip and don't mind following the rules to be there, but I'm not sure if MM is worth it this time. I've never taken a trip without it, and I don't want to miss out on something, but idk if I can justify it. Thoughts?

I am just reporting our experience when we visited for 7 days in mid August. Simply our experience and not about the value of MM this year. I wondered about the value of memory maker and although we already had it in our package that we booked as a bounceback from our Aug 2019 trip I was on the fence and almost canceled it. We have always added the photo package on past trips and usually average 800 photos with our family of six between ride photos, character photos, and the random stops for photos around the parks.
Our first day in the morning we stumbled upon the “baby yoda “ photo, (I honestly had no idea about the shot so a big surprise for us) and even though my kids had masks on it was so cute! They also did a couple of other cool shots in Galaxy‘s edge near the first order shop which were neat for us Star Wars fans. I came to the conclusion this trip was already very different and I wanted to keep these memories even if we were wearing masks. So in the end we kept the memory maker and we ended up with about 450 photos. Yes, we are wearing masks in all the photos, however, we have some great photos since just about all the photopass photographers we found had no wait and spent more time with us then we had in the previous years. We have a great shot of our kids holding hands and running up to the castle as the photographer took a shot from behind! We also had more magic shots then our previous trips! We rode rides multiple times such as space mountain and EE so those ride photos are fun with the kids.
summary:
yes, you have to wear masks....if you don’t want pics with masks on then MM not worth it.
yes, there are less photographers, but we still found many and most took multiple poses and magic shots
yes, ride photos are hit and miss, TT and RNR didn’t appear until a good day later. Some EE did not show up so I called photopass and they found them very quickly.
yes, all the traditional character meets are closed, but we did find a photographer near the first order storm troopers and by Tomorrowland who took pics of our kids as the character stood up on stage behind them.

it is a personal decision on MM right now and honestly for most not worth it. For a few it may still work and it did for us since my kids , mask or not, won’t be this size/age the next time we go.

I just noticed I have an MM in MDE. I *think* it is one I purchased for a trip we cancelled. Would only an unused MM show up in MDE?

I just noticed I have an MM in MDE. I *think* it is one I purchased for a trip we cancelled. Would only an unused MM show up in MDE?
I wouldn't count on anything on the Disney World website to be correct or accurate. At one point, I had a used MM from a year prior still showing in my MDE. If you want to be sure, I would say call and ask.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!