>> Everything We Know About FREE DINING 2012 <<

Andrea464 said:
10/13. I can move it a few days, but not all the way back to the next date (10/19).

Ouch. Clearly they have carved out those dates because they feel those dates are busy enough with out a promotional offer.

Unless there are a rash of cancellations on those dates, I really wouldn't count on them becoming included.

:-(

Sent from DISBOARDS Mobile App

would someone be able to give me the January 2012 dates from last years free dining promo? please:worship:

Free dinning has been extended to Dec. 20. Now those arriving Dec. 14 - Dec. 20 can take advantage of FD. :) You can book online or by phone. All other dates are the same.

I have never done free dining before, so I have a question.

I'm an AP holder, so I know FD is usually not the way to go. Question is: If I am staying 6 nights, can I just buy a minimum ticket (2 day base) and still get FD for the remaining days?

yes, that's what we are doing. if you don't use the tickets you have to buy with the package at all, they don't expire (the 14 day limit doesn't start until first use) so you can use them when your passes expire. use the tickets for the First day,(of your future trip) then bridge the 2 day ticket to whatever you need for that future trip

we already have a flight booked to arrive on Nov. 30, so I'm missing FD by one day. Has anyone here ever had any luck paying for the extra day, without actually being present? could I book for the 29th, checkin online, but arrive on the morning of the 30th and still get the FD?

When checking in with the FD package, do they combine the ticket as part of your resort card, or can you ask for the actual separate tickets (2day base ticket). I already have tickets that I bought before the price increase so if I book to get FD for next year, I don't want to have to use the 2 days at that time, but save them for later. Does anyone know how to get the tickets separated from the resort card key if you don't plan to use them at that time?
Thanks.:laundy:

....I may be wrong here, but I was under the impression that Free Dining was until Dec 20, not the 13th....

I have never done free dining before, so I have a question.

I'm an AP holder, so I know FD is usually not the way to go. Question is: If I am staying 6 nights, can I just buy a minimum ticket (2 day base) and still get FD for the remaining days?

....the free dining is for length-of-stay, not for number of days on park passes....unless that has changed recently....:confused3

Hi I am a Disney Visa cardholder and am checking into Saratoga Springs November 5 as a DVC member. Reservations are already made. Can I still add FD? or did I miss the boat on this one? Thanks in advance

Hi I am a Disney Visa cardholder and am checking into Saratoga Springs November 5 as a DVC member. Reservations are already made. Can I still add FD? or did I miss the boat on this one? Thanks in advance

The offer has already expired, but people staying on DVC points are not eligible for free dining anyway. Free dining requires (among other things) paying full rack rate for your hotel, and DVC does not qualify as you are staying for far less than rack rate. You can, however, purchase the dining plan, but it must be added to the stay and paid in full prior to arrival.

You can't stay on dvc points and get FD. You can add dining plan to your stay though and pay for it

to the previous poster you get dining by nights staying not by ticket days purchased

When I booked the December trip in July I was certain oldest DD would NOT be able to join us because of final exams. Well she just found out most of her professors will administer exams during last week of classes so she can come. Can I add her to our current reservation that includes FD? The twist is that adding her means adding an additional room, as we are already a family of 5 in one POR room.

HELP!!!

ooh, that's a tough one.. I would start by calling and right away asking to speak to a manager. sometimes a man. can ok something the regular phone CM can't. we have had a couple times where we needed an ok for something.

if not, maybe you could book the 2nd room with the 30% off code , and just pay out of pocket or purchase the dining plan for her. then you could spread out a little!

We can certainly do just fine without the FD, and just do another room with AP discount, if available (DD has AP because she travelled with friends this summer). Adding via FD offer would just make it simpler. I will report back after calling tonight. Thanks for weighing in.

Please help settle a dispute....DW says the rules for FD have changed in that you only get FD for the days included in the offer, not for your full trip. She was told that it changed this year by a coworker. I hadn't read that and I'm on the DIS almost daily! I was under the impression that as long as your check in date is within the FD offer you get FD for the duration of your package. Am I correct or did something change?

Can DVC members get any kind of discounts if using our points?
It'd sure be nice to get like 10% off on points or free dining, anything would be great.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!