Everything you need to know about MagicBands.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, wow, okay. What is a badge reel if you don't mind me asking?
This is the exact item I have...got it from Amazon in a pack of 5. There is a reel wound up inside it, so that you can keep it clipped wherever and just pull on whatever is attached.
61thiJjL9jL._SL1200_.jpg

We just got our new magicbands and they're roundly hated in this house. They're too big! I think I'm going to solve the problem by popping the pucks out of each one, keeping them in our pockets for long range, and wear the bands we have (but have never activated because we didn't think to) from our premium package at F&W in 2015. It's entirely possible those bands have dead batteries, but the short range RFID should work if my read all on this is corect. I'm sorta curious to see if they make the gurgling sound they were alleged to make in 2015...

Anyone see an issue with this plan?

We just got our new magicbands and they're roundly hated in this house. They're too big! I think I'm going to solve the problem by popping the pucks out of each one, keeping them in our pockets for long range, and wear the bands we have (but have never activated because we didn't think to) from our premium package at F&W in 2015.

1. It's entirely possible those bands have dead batteries,
2. but the short range RFID should work if my read all on this is corect. I'm sorta curious to see if they make the gurgling sound they were alleged to make in 2015...
3. Anyone see an issue with this plan?

1. Possible, but they might still have their battery power.
2. Yes. They will still work for this, regardless.
3. If they need to be connected to your MDX account, do so now and be ready.
Won't hurt to have the new "puck" in your pocket and the older MBs on your wrist.
Have fun!

Okay, here is a question for a split stay. We have PH tickets for 7 days on our first reservation. The last reservation is for 3 days only, and our PH tickets will be covered from the first stay, since they are good for 14 days....but if we get a second set of bands for the second stay, will we have to use those bands for getting into rooms, and use the first set of bands for the tickets? Split stay stuff confuses me. Thanks in advance.

Okay, here is a question for a split stay. We have PH tickets for 7 days on our first reservation. The last reservation is for 3 days only, and our PH tickets will be covered from the first stay, since they are good for 14 days....but if we get a second set of bands for the second stay, will we have to use those bands for getting into rooms, and use the first set of bands for the tickets? Split stay stuff confuses me. Thanks in advance.

Any MBs that you have/get connected to your MDE account in your name will EACH/ALL work, at all times. So, you can choose to use any of your MBs on any day of your trip.
MBs are not "connected" to individual trips or resorts.

Any MBs that you have/get connected to your MDE account in your name will EACH/ALL work, at all times. So, you can choose to use any of your MBs on any day of your trip.
MBs are not "connected" to individual trips or resorts.
Perfect...thank you, makes it much less complicated. We want to get two bands, so we can get different colors and have two to decorate. So as long as they are active in MDE...we are good, right?

Perfect...thank you, makes it much less complicated. We want to get two bands, so we can get different colors and have two to decorate. So as long as they are active in MDE...we are good, right?

Yup.
What you plan to do is very common.

(sorry if this has been asked, I tried searching the thread, but didn't find this question)

Our trip is 14-24 Jan. We're staying offsite for the first week, then checking into Pop on the 21st. With the customization/shipping timeframe based on the 21st, I'm worried it's cutting it close to have the bands arrive before we leave. We'd planned on using them to surprise the kids, so wanted to get them shipped. How accurate is the arrival two weeks before your check-in date?

I doubt it matters, but we're in Canada, so having them shipped to a nearby US address.

(sorry if this has been asked, I tried searching the thread, but didn't find this question)

Our trip is 14-24 Jan. We're staying offsite for the first week, then checking into Pop on the 21st. With the customization/shipping timeframe based on the 21st, I'm worried it's cutting it close to have the bands arrive before we leave. We'd planned on using them to surprise the kids, so wanted to get them shipped. How accurate is the arrival two weeks before your check-in date?

I doubt it matters, but we're in Canada, so having them shipped to a nearby US address.

From what I've experienced, they do arrive within that timeframe. You can always call and see if they can ship them earlier (doesn't hurt to be safe).

We have magic bands from a trip we took a year ago. We just booked a second trip for this coming January. Will we still get another set of magic bands?

We have magic bands from a trip we took a year ago. We just booked a second trip for this coming January. Will we still get another set of magic bands?

If you want - you get a set with every onsite stay, but you can turn them down if you don't want them.

If you want - you get a set with every onsite stay, but you can turn them down if you don't want them.

I shouldn't have said we have magic bands from last year. Technically we do, but I can't find them lol. I'm sure they're in my house somewhere!

So, I was hoping we'd get replacements so I didn't have to hunt for them. But I noticed on my MDE account that I can't customize them. It also mysteriously keeps telling me my magic bands have been sent, but the tracking number was from the package last year.

ETA: I'm dumb. There was a separate button that I had to push to get into the customization screen. I was just looking at the current list of magic bands. Guess, I wasn't paying very close attention!

Last edited:
We are doing a split stay and can order two sets of bands...which we will do. I like to decorate them, so I'll have two different colors to choose from, what fun!

If you buy a plastic ticket for MVMCP and link it to your MDE, does the plastic card become a clone of your magicbands and thus, your whole MDE account? I understand that the admission for MVMCP will be on your MDE so you can use a magicband to enter, but it's unclear to me what happens to the card. Does it become a clone or would it just be "empty"?

If you buy a plastic ticket for MVMCP and link it to your MDE,
1. does the plastic card become a clone of your magicbands and thus, your whole MDE account? I understand that the admission for MVMCP will be on your MDE so you can use a magicband to enter, but it's unclear to me what happens to the card.
2. Does it become a clone or would it just be "empty"?

1. Yes.
2. Up to and including the night that you use that MVMCP ticket card to enter that party, that ticket card can be/will be a clone of any of your other tickets or MBs.

After that party date, that party ticket MIGHT become useless...
-OR- it MIGHT continue to to be a clone of any of your other tickets or MBs.
I don't know if anyone has actually tried using a party ticket card (for other things) after its party date.

Last edited:
1. Yes.
2. Up to and including the night that you use that MVMCP ticket card to enter that party, that ticket card can be/will be a clone of any of your other tickets or MBs.

After that party date, that party ticket MIGHT become useless...
-OR- it MIGHT continue to to be a clone of any of your other tickets or MBs.
I don't know if anyone has actually tried using a party ticket card (for other things) after its party date.

Thank you! Do you happen to know if the plastic cards show up on your MDE account with your magicbands, so you can deactivate them? I'd like to buy MVMCP tickets but I need to have them shipped to a friend. They're cheaper than with Disney, but e-tickets are not an option. The idea is for my friend to send me a picture of the codes so I can link the tickets to my MDE account, but I don't want the friend to have full access to my MDE with the cards. If I can deactivate the plastic cards after linking the tickets then it would be okay, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!