Everything you need to know about MagicBands.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you!
1. Do you happen to know if the plastic cards show up on your MDE account with your magicbands, so you can deactivate them?
2. I'd like to buy MVMCP tickets but I need to have them shipped to a friend. They're cheaper than with Disney, but e-tickets are not an option. The idea is for my friend to send me a picture of the codes so I can link the tickets to my MDE account, but I don't want the friend to have full access to my MDE with the cards.

1. Sorry, I don't know.
2. But, if there is some reason that you don't want a possible bad result,
I'd not do this plan.

Can someone please help me here.

Last month my husband and I went to Food and Wine. Bought annual passes. We are going back in January, staying at Coronado. I have that trip all linked up in MyDisneyExperience app.

My husband is going on a business trip in Orlando next week. He's taking his team to MK as a gift. Obviously his ticket is already paid for. I cannot figure out how to get his annual pass out of my app and into his own app so he buy their tickets and get some fast passes. I have deactivated his band and pass and that didn't work. I got an error message. So I activated him back into my account and then checked HIS app and received a DIFFERENT error.

If anyone has some tips I'd be forever grateful. I can't be the only person who's needed to unlink a spouse so he/she can manage their own ressies for a different trip.

Can someone please help me here.

Last month my husband and I went to Food and Wine. Bought annual passes. We are going back in January, staying at Coronado. I have that trip all linked up in MyDisneyExperience app.

My husband is going on a business trip in Orlando next week. He's taking his team to MK as a gift. Obviously his ticket is already paid for. I cannot figure out how to get his annual pass out of my app and into his own app so he buy their tickets and get some fast passes. I have deactivated his band and pass and that didn't work. I got an error message. So I activated him back into my account and then checked HIS app and received a DIFFERENT error.

If anyone has some tips I'd be forever grateful. I can't be the only person who's needed to unlink a spouse so he/she can manage their own ressies for a different trip.
Go to his profile under your account and click “invite to connect”
615002C9-32E1-4FAF-8007-2425558DD1E4.jpeg
put in the email that he uses to create his mde account and you should be able to merge the two profiles together. If that doesn’t work call the IT help desk.

Go to his profile under your account and click “invite to connect”
View attachment 281973
put in the email that he uses to create his mde account and you should be able to merge the two profiles together. If that doesn’t work call the IT help desk.

Thanks! In typical Disney IT fashion, all I received were errors... heartache and now my husband showing up 3 times in my account. I guess he will call.

Sorry, I think this has been answered but I'm not great at understanding magic bands.

We have four people on my MDX -- two will get magic bands due to an upcoming stay. The other two have no magic bands. They are in our account as friends and family. We have purchased unassigned magic bands for them. They do not have their own MDX accounts. (At least, I don't think they do. They are linked to my account and have their own tickets assigned.)

How do I assign the two magic bands to the two friends in my MDX account? Do I need to create their own accounts? I cannot figure it out in the app or the web. Sorry, I'm sure it's obvious.

Sorry, I think this has been answered but I'm not great at understanding magic bands.

We have four people on my MDX -- two will get magic bands due to an upcoming stay. The other two have no magic bands. They are in our account as friends and family. We have purchased unassigned magic bands for them. They do not have their own MDX accounts. (At least, I don't think they do. They are linked to my account and have their own tickets assigned.)

How do I assign the two magic bands to the two friends in my MDX account? Do I need to create their own accounts? I cannot figure it out in the app or the web. Sorry, I'm sure it's obvious.
In your MDX account app, go to My Account and then to MagicBands and Cards. Follow the steps to link the MBs and assign them to the correct people.

Any MBs that you have/get connected to your MDE account in your name will EACH/ALL work, at all times. So, you can choose to use any of your MBs on any day of your trip.
MBs are not "connected" to individual trips or resorts.

Along the same lines, I just booked a last minute trip less than 10 days away. Staying on property and tickets purchased. Will the tickets automatically be added to the active bands I have.

Along the same lines, I just booked a last minute trip less than 10 days away. Staying on property and tickets purchased. Will the tickets automatically be added to the active bands I have.
Your tickets need to be linked to your MDX Profiles. If you booked an onsite package that includes tickets, the tickets are automatically linked to your MDX Profiles

The MBs provide the link to all data that is “in” your MDX account. So, at the park entrances and FP lines, just tap your MBs at the touchpoints.

Your tickets need to be linked to your MDX Profiles. If you booked an onsite package that includes tickets, the tickets are automatically linked to your MDX Profikes.

The MBs provide the link to all data that is “in” your MDX account. So, at the park entrances and FP lines, just tap your MBs at the touchpoints.

Yes, tickets are in MDX account. So any of my active MB's will work?

Thanks for the huge treasure trove of information. I found a lot of this in other places, but it was great to have it all collected in one place. As a retired engineer, I was very interested to see how the technology was implemented and how it was used.

We just got back from a Christmas trip.

We spoke with a CM about the StoryTeller features in the HM. He said that this was probably not coming back. He said it was "problematic" to have a guest's name show up in a ride like the HM.

We can confirm StoryTeller signs in iasw, Space, EE and RnR. I didn't see anything in ToT, but have no "negative" information like I do about HM. I also didn't see any information on Mission: Space.

This post was rewritten on 3/19/2017. If you see anything wrong or have information to add or questions, please reply.

Where to find StoryTeller features.

This is not a complete list, also storyteller seems to break down or stop working when it gets mega crowded so don't be surprised if you do not see it work...

Parks:

Magic Kingdom:
- Haunted Mansion: The ghosts will list your name or your state/country at the end of the ride when they join you.
- Small World: Screens at the end of the ride identify you as part of the small world.
- Space Mountain: Tv screens after the ride while going up on the moving sidewalk after the ride will list your name with a saying. (once you see those screens, the ones where there is a camera showing people going past, stop walking, stand near each other and have a camera ready, it might be a distant screen with your name).

Hollywood Studios:
- Rock and Roller Coaster: screens at the end of the ride add your name to the signs (I think, screens yes, what they show I'm not sure).
- Tower of Terror supposively has something so watch out for it.

Animal Kingdom:
- when in line for expedition everest, both standby and fastpass (not single rider) there is screens when you reach the final room that you can see the ride loading. The screens look like advertisement posters and scroll between several of them. if you pay attention your name might be the person being quoted in the ad.

Epcot:
- Mission Space uses your name and hometown during the ride.

Resorts:

Art of Animation:
- The Lobby Posters personalize to your family.

I just wanted to customize our magic bands and was wondering about the colours: At shopdisney one could order the Magic Band 2.0 also in black (for same price as the "old" colours), but at MDE it isn't available. Any idea, if it perhaps became available during the next two weeks?
And at the of you, who are there at the moment or shortly were: Is there also a Magic Band 2.0 with Tigger? At shopdisney there is no one, but I remember that in the old version Tigger was available. Last but not least: Is the Grumpy-Version of it grey or black in the background?

I've searched for this answer but just can't find it. Btw, I've used Disboards since 2012 and y'all are invaluable!!! First time posting though. -We are staying onsite and using the summer promotion for the 1 qs meal per person per night. I'd like to link a credit card to our MBs but want to control when a meal is charged to my room or to use a meal credit. Is this an option? We have a reservation for bfast at Be Our Guest on our last day. Since it's a more expensive quick service I want to save meal credits for it for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter