Everything you need to know about MagicBands.

Status
Not open for further replies.
We're heading down tomorrow for 8 days. Our Magic Bands are right around the 2 year mark. Is there a place in Disney Springs where we can check if they work? We'll be spending our first half day there and will buy another if necessary.

I just wanted to customize our magic bands and was wondering about the colours: At shopdisney one could order the Magic Band 2.0 also in black (for same price as the "old" colours), but at MDE it isn't available. Any idea, if it perhaps became available during the next two weeks?
And at the of you, who are there at the moment or shortly were: Is there also a Magic Band 2.0 with Tigger? At shopdisney there is no one, but I remember that in the old version Tigger was available. Last but not least: Is the Grumpy-Version of it grey or black in the background?
The black MB is retail-only at this time.
magicbandcollectors.com is a great source for MB info.

I've searched for this answer but just can't find it. Btw, I've used Disboards since 2012 and y'all are invaluable!!! First time posting though. -We are staying onsite and using the summer promotion for the 1 qs meal per person per night. I'd like to link a credit card to our MBs but want to control when a meal is charged to my room or to use a meal credit. Is this an option? We have a reservation for bfast at Be Our Guest on our last day. Since it's a more expensive quick service I want to save meal credits for it for sure.
:welcome: to DISboards!

When you pay for your meal, let the CM know you’re paying by credit card and the system won’t deduct a meal credit.

We're heading down tomorrow for 8 days. Our Magic Bands are right around the 2 year mark. Is there a place in Disney Springs where we can check if they work? We'll be spending our first half day there and will buy another if necessary.
Even if your MBs are old, you’ll be able to enter the parks and FP lines by using them.

It’s the long-range capability for ride photos and ride videos that may not work.

:welcome: to DISboards!

When you pay for your meal, let the CM know you’re paying by credit card and the system won’t deduct a meal credit.
Fantastic! Thank you.

I have a weird question. Can MagicBands work for the same name under different accounts? Whenever I visit with family I'm listed under my dad's account but I have my own account for when I go with friends. I have MagicBands that I've purchased but haven't linked yet. I'm just curious if I can use them for trips booked using both accounts.

I have a weird question. Can MagicBands work for the same name under different accounts? Whenever I visit with family I'm listed under my dad's account but I have my own account for when I go with friends. I have MagicBands that I've purchased but haven't linked yet. I'm just curious if I can use them for trips booked using both accounts.
If you are Managed by your Father on his MDX account and your own MDX is not linked to his, then no - all of those MBs won’t be linked to the same Profile.

If your MDX account is linked to his MDX account, then, yes - all MBs link to you and your Profile.

Damn, I love this all-black Version but as I can only chose and buy other MB in the parks (non-US), I would propably prefer Grumpy or Tigger over it, if I had to pay for one. But am I right, if I now purchase a new MB2 at the parks, I could also use it in a few years for it all (including long range ride-photos) as long as I change the chip from the pre-ordered new one to this older (better) designed one?

Last edited:
But am I right, if I now purchase a new MB2 at the parks, I could also use it in a few years for it all (including long range ride-photos) as long as I change the chip from the pre-ordered new one to this older (better) designed one?

Instead of the "chip," do you mean
the "puck?"
(The actual oval-shaped "works" that is mounted to the band.)

If they do continue to make the MBs with the removable pucks, yes,
you can order a new MB (which would include a new puck) and you could
move that new puck to an older, favorite band.

Instead of the "chip," do you mean
the "puck?"
(The actual oval-shaped "works" that is mounted to the band.)

If they do continue to make the MBs with the removable pucks, yes,
you can order a new MB (which would include a new puck) and you could
move that new puck to an older, favorite band.

Yes exactly, I mean this Puck. Just didn't know the name of it....

1. Yes.
2. Up to and including the night that you use that MVMCP ticket card to enter that party, that ticket card can be/will be a clone of any of your other tickets or MBs.

After that party date, that party ticket MIGHT become useless...
-OR- it MIGHT continue to to be a clone of any of your other tickets or MBs.
I don't know if anyone has actually tried using a party ticket card (for other things) after its party date.

Thank you! Do you happen to know if the plastic cards show up on your MDE account with your magicbands, so you can deactivate them? I'd like to buy MVMCP tickets but I need to have them shipped to a friend. They're cheaper than with Disney, but e-tickets are not an option. The idea is for my friend to send me a picture of the codes so I can link the tickets to my MDE account, but I don't want the friend to have full access to my MDE with the cards. If I can deactivate the plastic cards after linking the tickets then it would be okay, right?

I'm quoting myself, but I want to answer this question for future reference.

Guest Services at DS gave us plastic cards for the MVMCP tickets. Once I linked them they did indeed become clones of the full account and they have been present in our list of MBs ever since, so they were still active clones after the party entitlement had been used. We actually ended up with five of these clone cards for two people due to an issue at the gate in Epcot, so I was happy I could deactivate all of them just like you would deactivate a MB. I didn't trust myself with 5 slippery cards ;).

We will be heading to Disney in a few weeks for a cheer competition. We will not get our hopper park passes or magic bands till we arrive there. Do I just go onto MDE and link the bands to each family member? Then do I put their tickets into MDE too so they can use the bands? I love the flexibility of not having to carry things around with me all the time. Someone had said to me...your staying at Disney but not staying at Disney as it doesn't really work like a normal trip as we booked everything thru UCA cheer. We will be doing a split stay and heading to a different onsite hotel. Our magic bands for that will be arriving here any day. After I link the tickets to the MDE account they will work on all the magic bands correct?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter