Everything you need to know about MagicBands.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Call 'em.

GlitchCitySign-500_zpsf50fe154.jpg
Bravo, Robo!

Quick question - I have magic bands coming for my next trip. My granddaughter asked if I would customize it with her name inside. It doesn't matter what you write inside the band does it? My DH seems to think it does, that her name will show up somehow. I told him it was just customization - you could write anything. Am I right?
:)

Quick question - I have magic bands coming for my next trip. My granddaughter asked if I would customize it with her name inside. It doesn't matter what you write inside the band does it? My DH seems to think it does, that her name will show up somehow. I told him it was just customization - you could write anything. Am I right?
Doesn't matter what you put on the inside of the band. I have put my name, nicknames, something related to that trip. Only place that customization shows up is on the inside of the band.

Her name (first name) WILL show up... on a screen that the CMs can see on the MagicBand scanner.
And sometimes (very occasionally), that name (first name) will appear on a screen in a very few attractions that can be seen by guests.

But, it will not be the name/word(s) that you have "customized" (inscribed) on the band.
It will be the name (first name) that is used in the guest's profile in MyDisneyExperience.

So, if her name (first name) in MDX is "Lucy" and the name that you "customize" on her MB is "Goofy," the only name that will show up from the scan of the MB is "Lucy."

And, actually, the chance that the name (first name) will show up in an attraction is kind of randomly low.

Last edited:

I bought some really cute, inexpensive stickers and decals on etsy to customize our magic bands with. There are tons available on that site!

i posted this question in the resorts board, but might be more appropriate here:

hubby is staying at coronado for a conference and it's leading right into our family vacation. he hasn't booked his stay but his coronado stay will overlap with our dolphin stay. i am considering cancelling our first night at dolphin and staying in his room instead. so, he is going to have the conference planner book a double room and have all 4 of us listed on the reservation. i'm assuming we can order magic bands through this.

what happens to those magic bands if they ship out to us, but we decide at the last minute to keep our dolphin reservation and wind up not staying with my husband at coronado? we have old magic bands, which we can use no matter what, but i'm liking the upgrade options.

thanks!

Picked out my bands last night with my kids and got side tracked. Went back to "checkout" today to finish the order and 3 of the 5 are sold out :-(. Does anyone know if they will be getting more? So bummed.

I’m sorry if this is not allowed but I haven’t seen a post from Accident in a long time. What has happened to him? Delete if necessary. He was a moderator and I enjoyed his contributions. Pm if it can’t be discussed openly.

I’m sorry if this is not allowed but I haven’t seen a post from Accident in a long time. What has happened to him? Delete if necessary. He was a moderator and I enjoyed his contributions. Pm if it can’t be discussed openly.
Well:
1. He was never a Moderator
2. He’s no longer a member of DISboards

Well:
1. He was never a Moderator
2. He’s no longer a member of DISboards
My bad there was a post where he was a moderator/ important person on TPAS. I may have read it wrong but it was a here are your TPAS moderators sticky. Sorry to bring it up. I was hoping it was simply he went away vs he died. That seems to be the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!