Everything You Need to Know about Redeeming Airmiles for Disney World & Land & Universal Tickets

As I mentioned previously, I had the regular 7 day and 5 day WDW flex tickets, not the Canadian discount ones currently available from AM. The CM removed the discount that WDW gives Air Miles when they sold them the tickets.

So basically we have to ask them to price bridge like we used to do. Good info to know, but it will depend on the CM you get. Does anyone know if using the ticket at the gate once will lock in the "gate price" like the old tickets used to do? Then you could take the ticket to upgrade and have the Disney price come up?

So basically we have to ask them to price bridge like we used to do. Good info to know, but it will depend on the CM you get. Does anyone know if using the ticket at the gate once will lock in the "gate price" like the old tickets used to do? Then you could take the ticket to upgrade and have the Disney price come up?

From what it looks like, it didn't price bridge to the current gate price. Just to the gate price at the time the tickets were purchased (i.e. The 2018 prices). But $521 is soooo much better than previous reports of only getting them valued at $469!

From what it looks like, it didn't price bridge to the current gate price. Just to the gate price at the time the tickets were purchased (i.e. The 2018 prices). But $521 is soooo much better than previous reports of only getting them valued at $469!

Sorry, that's actually what I was talking about - not price bridging to the current ticket price, but to the purchase date price.

I just wanted to mention something I learned on another thread that worked for me for Universal tickets. Twice I have "bought" 2 day 2 park (park to park) tickets from AM and when I arrived I went to guest services to let them know that I only needed a 1 day P-P ticket. Both times, they exchanged my ticket to a 1 day P to P ticket and gave me the difference on a UO gift card (value of between $104 to $113 USD). When I did this AM was only offering 2 day park to park ticket so there wasn't an option of buying a 1 day instead but it is a good way to turn dream miles into cash or if you don't have enough points for 2 people's ticket you can get 1 and half. Anyway just an FYI.

If I order a Universal AP through the personal shopper, it doesn't get activated until I actually go into the park, correct?

I got my personal shopper quote for my Universal preferred 3 Park AP - 7575 AM - which seems to work out to 15AM / $1US. I think this is a bit higher than we've been seeing lately for PS quotes....now to decide if I pull the trigger - the savings with the AP will definitely be worth it, I think!

I ordered the guest of our 7 day base tickets flex dates Canadian residents .. couple of silly questions

1. can I add waterparks to it ?
2. the certificate they send I can link and obviously make fastpasses ? Just need to go show residency in order to start using once we are there ??

apologizes my head hurts .. it’s been a rough few weeks

I ordered the guest of our 7 day base tickets flex dates Canadian residents .. couple of silly questions

1. can I add waterparks to it ?
2. the certificate they send I can link and obviously make fastpasses ? Just need to go show residency in order to start using once we are there ??

apologizes my head hurts .. it’s been a rough few weeks

You can't change it at all. If you do, you lose your entire discount. I tried to add parkhopper to it and it was going to cost me over $200.

The certificate they send gives you the number to enter to make fastpasses. Just go to any guest services to show ID to activate.

I just submitted a request via Onyx personal shopper for 1 two day one park per day ticket to WDW for mid February. The quote I got back was 3550 air miles which (I think) works out to about $15.06 per 1 AM - the USD price today on the Disney site is $235.71 USD.

I just submitted a request via Onyx personal shopper for 1 two day one park per day ticket to WDW for mid February. The quote I got back was 3550 air miles which (I think) works out to about $15.06 per 1 AM - the USD price today on the Disney site is $235.71 USD.

With tax, the going rate has been around 14.2 airmiles per $1 USD and it looks like your quote is right there as well.
I believe your ticket price cost after tax is $251.04USD??

3550 airmiles/$251.04USD = 14.14 airmiles for $1 USD.

With tax, the going rate has been around 14.2 airmiles per $1 USD and it looks like your quote is right there as well.
I believe your ticket price cost after tax is $251.04USD??

3550 airmiles/$251.04USD = 14.14 airmiles for $1 USD.
Thanks! I knew my math was wrong some how, but just being at work on Thursday and Friday used up all my brain power😬

I just wanted to mention something I learned on another thread that worked for me for Universal tickets. Twice I have "bought" 2 day 2 park (park to park) tickets from AM and when I arrived I went to guest services to let them know that I only needed a 1 day P-P ticket. Both times, they exchanged my ticket to a 1 day P to P ticket and gave me the difference on a UO gift card (value of between $104 to $113 USD). When I did this AM was only offering 2 day park to park ticket so there wasn't an option of buying a 1 day instead but it is a good way to turn dream miles into cash or if you don't have enough points for 2 people's ticket you can get 1 and half. Anyway just an FYI.
This is cool. Wondering what dates you did this?

How often does AM update their ticket options? Had seen some 4 or 5 day tickets for USO before Xmas, but now only seeing 3 day options (looking for some longer duration tickets for my upcoming March trip)

Your guess is as good as anyones. There is no rhyme or reason. If you are ONYX, you can request a quote for the ticket you need.

How long does it take for Air Miles to send the tickets once ordered? I'm going for March 20th, but hoping they will offer 4 or 5 day Universal Tickets.

My Disney was under a week right after Christmas . I would assume around the same if they have them in stock

How long does it take for Air Miles to send the tickets once ordered? I'm going for March 20th, but hoping they will offer 4 or 5 day Universal Tickets.

This is cool. Wondering what dates you did this?
I actually did this twice. I did it in November 2018 and August of 2017. The first time I was able to use the gift card for lunch for 5 at the 3 broomsticks and the second time, my daughter used the gift card for her admission, so in fact I used 3400 airmiles and 80 USD to get 2 1 day park to park passes. I can't guarantee it will work every time but it has worked for me each time. Just make sure to go to guest services before entering the park. Good luck.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!