Ex spouse obtaining a replacement card WDW Annual Pass for child

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flcowboy

Earning My Ears
I have an annual pass for my daughter from a previous marriage. I have the Florida resident monthly plan for a Gold pass that I setup a year after my divorce was final. My ex spouse(who lives out of state), without asking, has obtained a replacement card for my daughter so she(the daughter) could go to the parks during a weekend visit. I am the passholder contracted party for my child who is only 13 years old. My ex does not have the same last name as me or my daughter. Is she allowed to do this since she is not on the contract and the only other party on it other than me is a minor child?

I have an annual pass for my daughter from a previous marriage. I have the Florida resident monthly plan for a Gold pass that I setup a year after my divorce was final. My ex spouse(who lives out of state), without asking, has obtained a replacement card for my daughter so she(the daughter) could go to the parks during a weekend visit. I am the passholder contracted party for my child who is only 13 years old. My ex does not have the same last name as me or my daughter. Is she allowed to do this since she is not on the contract and the only other party on it other than me is a minor child?
Hopefully, they have a fun weekend.

I would think, since the pass belongs to your daughter and cannot be transferred, that her parent has the right to request a replacement pass on her behalf when she is in her care and custody. You pay for it on behalf of your minor child, she requested a replacement on behalf of your minor child. It would be different if she was taking the pass to use in some other way.

I am not sure why this would be a big deal except in invalidates her other pass, just ask your daughter to keep hold of the new pass and use it to replace the old one.

I appreciate the responses. The point is not to deny my daughter of the parks - that's why I pay for the pass is so she can enjoy them. The issue I have is that I was not asked by the mother if she could invalidate the pass that I have so she can get a new one. Also, the mother did not go to the parks with her. She dropped her off and my daughter visited MK with a friend. If asked, I would have just met them at the TTC and given them the current pass.

As far as the pass being tied to a contract, a minor cannot enter into a contract. The contract is between me and Disney. I designate the pass tied to it as being used by the minor. The minor does not posses a government ID required to obtain a replacement pass and the mother producing her's is irrelevant as she is not on the contract nor does she have spousal privilege. My original question has to do with the ability to act on MY behalf, not the child's. I am going to speak to guest services, I just wanted to see if anyone else had insight. Again, thank you for your responses.

Why don’t you want her to enjoy the parks with her mom ,sounds spiteful and selfish. Put your child first.

So YOU have the physical pass....Mom wanted to let daughter go to the park with a friend...since they didn't have the pass, Mom went to guest services and asked for a replacement pass (as if the child lost her pass)? Is this correct?

Your concern is that this "replacement pass" invalidates the one in your possession?

I checked by googling and it seems all you need to replace a minor's annual pass is to show the ID of a parent or guardian. There is no rule that the parent or guardian must have the same last name as the child, or be the one paying for the pass. I assume since your daughter requested to have her pass replaced, and her parent showed an ID on her behalf, that is the reason she was allowed to replace her pass. I don't know what Disney should have done differently here.

I appreciate the responses. The point is not to deny my daughter of the parks - that's why I pay for the pass is so she can enjoy them. The issue I have is that I was not asked by the mother if she could invalidate the pass that I have so she can get a new one. Also, the mother did not go to the parks with her. She dropped her off and my daughter visited MK with a friend. If asked, I would have just met them at the TTC and given them the current pass.

As far as the pass being tied to a contract, a minor cannot enter into a contract. The contract is between me and Disney. I designate the pass tied to it as being used by the minor. The minor does not posses a government ID required to obtain a replacement pass and the mother producing her's is irrelevant as she is not on the contract nor does she have spousal privilege. My original question has to do with the ability to act on MY behalf, not the child's. I am going to speak to guest services, I just wanted to see if anyone else had insight. Again, thank you for your responses.
No pass was invalidated. Your daughter used her annual pass to enter the park. The physical card doesn't matter, its whether or not she has a current pass that counts.

I don't know what procedure Disney used to give her another card. Perhaps she went to customer service and provided enough information that they could look her up. Guests lose plastic cards and magic bands every day, so I'm sure they have policies in place to make sure everyone gets in who belongs in. Kids and parents often have different names. Disney has big computers and giant databases of data. In this case, Disney got it right. She has an annual pass and she got to use it.

Update. Guest services apologized. A new card should not have been issued without my consent. As I thought, the contract is with me, not the child.

Some of the responses are a little odd above. I am not seeking anything from Disney, my question was whether someone can come in and get a replacement card that was not the contracted party. The answer is no, they cannot. I appreciate the responses in this thread and really appreciate Disney guest services spending the time to understand and validate.

Good point on the age of the friend. According to Mom, the friend is 15. I have never dropped her off at one of the parks or left her with someone that was not an adult friend or relative.

Update. Guest services apologized. A new card should not have been issued without my consent. As I thought, the contract is with me, not the child.

Some of the responses are a little odd above. I am not seeking anything from Disney, my question was whether someone can come in and get a replacement card that was not the contracted party. The answer is no, they cannot. I appreciate the responses in this thread and really appreciate Disney guest services spending the time to understand and validate.

Good point on the age of the friend. According to Mom, the friend is 15. I have never dropped her off at one of the parks or left her with someone that was not an adult friend or relative.

So you really are just choosing to air your issues with your ex online then?

OP- unless you have reason to distrust the judgement of the mother of your child, I see this concern to be needless. Disney recognized the child had a pass, allowed her to gain entry because she had a pass and the permission of an adult, and you have a problem with that, managed to get GS to apologize for this by complaining, and now seem to feel vindicated.
Personally, I think your issue is with your ex, and by pointing out to GS that they now need to navigate divorced couples you may have managed to close the door for other kids whose parents are not squabbling. Good job.

Not sure, but why did she even have to fo that? Couldn’t your daughter just use her regular AP? Regardless of who she’s going with?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts