Exactly what we needed...$467.00 of

Mirielle

DIS Veteran
pure crap! DH went to the grocery store before I was awake this morning and had himself a good 'ole time. He pointed out (very happily) that we have a box of "something" that makes a COMPLETE MEAL...all you have to do is add water. In the pantry, box after box of stuff that looks like "bog" lines the shelves. Can after can of beans of every kind. We rarely eat beans. Spam, Vienna Sausages and sauces of every kind. For what??? Frozen dinners that are off brands I wouldn't have paid a dime for, all kinds of meats and cheeses from the deli...not stuff you'd like, no! Experiments... just to see if we'll like it. Rather than a ring for his birthday (asked about it here), maybe golf clubs or a bowling ball would be better. Anything to keep him out of the grocery store.

Last edited:

I just spent that at Costco, but I bought a new set of pots and pans and furnace filters in addition to food.

Dang. That's almost a month's worth of groceries for my family.

pure crap! DH went to the grocery store before I was awake this morning and had himself a good 'ole time. He pointed out (very happily) that we have a box of "something" that makes a COMPLETE MEAL...all you have to do is add water. In the pantry, box after box of stuff that looks like "bog" lines the shelves. Can after can of beans of every kind. We rarely eat beans. Spam, Vienna Sausages and sauces of every kind. For what??? Frozen dinners that are off brands I wouldn't have paid a dime for, all kinds of meats and cheeses from the deli...not stuff you'd like, no! Experiments... just to see if we'll like it. Rather than a ring for his birthday (asked about it here), maybe golf clubs or a bowling ball would be better. Anything to keep him out of the grocery store.

And this is why I tell DH play hockey 3 nights a week:rotfl2::rotfl2:

I think I'd be too tempted to use the golf clubs or bowling ball for uses other than their intended purpose if they were made available. Is this a one-time thing, or is it something more serious?

OMG you NEVER let men go grocery shopping alone. They always go rogue. If they insist, they must take a list and stick to it. Sigh.....what are you having for dinner tonight? Spam and beans???? LOL!!!

My husband took over the grocery shopping to prove a point to me years ago. I allowed him to think he proved his point and told him he should keep doing the grocery shopping. He agreed.....lol. Needless to say every week is a thrill that I chuckle over when he come home declaring "I had an idea for dinner". Dude, stick to the list...nope. His "ideas" usually go like this. "I had a great dinner idea, French onion soup. I got the beef broth, the cheese and some great bread." No onions. Or he had a craving for meatloaf and got every single item I needed right down to eggs and fresh parsley but forgets the ground beef..... I haven't been grocery shopping since I believe 2005 so I really don't care what DH brings home or doesn't bring home. :rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter