Exchanging a Quick Service Credit for Snacks at the Food & Wine Festival

SRUAlmn

DIS Veteran
I apologize if this is posted somewhere. I searched and didn’t find an answer but I may not have searched the proper wording!

We are traveling to WDW this year during the F&W Festival and will have the QSDP for the first time thanks to free dining! I saw somewhere that you can exchange 1 quick service credit for 3 snacks and I thought that might be a good way to lunch on our Epcot day. We could exchange our 2 quick service credits and have 6 snacks around the world to share between us and our toddler. I have a few questions, though, before deciding how effective this would be.

1. Do you have to go to guest services and have them change the allotments on your account?
2. Do the 3 snacks that were swapped out from the 1 quick service have to all be used at the same time, at the same booth?
3. If you don’t go to guest services first to “make the swap,” how do you make the exchange?

Thanks so much!!

1. Do you have to go to guest services and have them change the allotments on your account?
2. Do the 3 snacks that were swapped out from the 1 quick service have to all be used at the same time, at the same booth?
3. If you don’t go to guest services first to “make the swap,” how do you make the exchange?

You're not really swapping anything. You're using a QS credit to pay for 3 snacks. So guest services can't do anything to help you. You will simply go up to one booth and ask for the 3 snack items you want from that ONE booth and tell them you want to use a QS credit to pay for them. Make sure you tell them you want to do that or they will simply take 3 snack credits from your allotment.

I apologize if this is posted somewhere. I searched and didn’t find an answer but I may not have searched the proper wording!

We are traveling to WDW this year during the F&W Festival and will have the QSDP for the first time thanks to free dining! I saw somewhere that you can exchange 1 quick service credit for 3 snacks and I thought that might be a good way to lunch on our Epcot day. We could exchange our 2 quick service credits and have 6 snacks around the world to share between us and our toddler. I have a few questions, though, before deciding how effective this would be.

Thanks so much!!
They do it at the booth when you order. Just let them know that you would like to use a quick service to get x,y,z. You won't be able to get any alcoholic beverages (which you probably weren't sharing with your toddler anyway :) ). Just consider whether you are getting cost effective items. You can also use your regular snack credits there, so I often save up snacks. Just look at menus ahead of time and make sure there are booths that you want 3 things from.

1. No.
2. Yes, and in the same transaction.
3. n/a.

You're not really swapping anything. You're using a QS credit to pay for 3 snacks. So guest services can't do anything to help you. You will simply go up to one booth and ask for the 3 snack items you want from that ONE booth and tell them you want to use a QS credit to pay for them. Make sure you tell them you want to do that or they will simply take 3 snack credits from your allotment.

They do it at the booth when you order. Just let them know that you would like to use a quick service to get x,y,z. You won't be able to get any alcoholic beverages (which you probably weren't sharing with your toddler anyway :) ). Just consider whether you are getting cost effective items. You can also use your regular snack credits there, so I often save up snacks. Just look at menus ahead of time and make sure there are booths that you want 3 things from.

Thank you all! Sort of a bummer to have to use them all in one place so we’ll have to do some menu research first! As long as we find 3 things we like that add up to at least $20-25 then I feel like it would be a good value? Not including the alcohol/specialty drink (which we are not sharing with our toddler, ha!) definitely decreases the opportunity to get a larger value, so maybe we’ll use snack credits. Will definitely have to do some menu perusing before we go! Thanks again!!

In the past, there were a few booths that would not let us do this. I know Mexico and Italy did not allow us. Not sure if there were any others.

We just came back and the festival of the arts festival at Epcot had some $10 and almost $11 offerings eligible for snack credits. We had no trouble swapping CS credits towards these and we actually felt we got some good value doing so. When the menus come out do some research and see what’s there.

We just came back and the festival of the arts festival at Epcot had some $10 and almost $11 offerings eligible for snack credits. We had no trouble swapping CS credits towards these and we actually felt we got some good value doing so. When the menus come out do some research and see what’s there.

Thanks so much!! Was it still the policy to have to redeem all 3 at the same location in the same transaction? Thanks again!

Last year we got 3 fillets at the Canada booth. 2 for me one for DS. Delicious and as each is $8 I thought it was a good value.

Last year we got 3 fillets at the Canada booth. 2 for me one for DS. Delicious and as each is $8 I thought it was a good value.

Thank you! I’ll have to definitely check the menus once they’re released. Unless we each get the same item (like you mentioned,) I feel like it will be difficult to find multiple high value items that we are also interested in eating on one menu. Maybe I’ll check out the menus from last year in the mean time

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter