exchanging drink for dessert on dining plan?

pdz

Earning My Ears
When we were at Disney last year the quick service locations allowed us to exchange our drink for a dessert. Has anyone tried this since the new dining plan for 2017 came out which did away with the dessert for the QS meal and added a snack credit?

When we were at Disney last year the quick service locations allowed us to exchange our drink for a dessert. Has anyone tried this since the new dining plan for 2017 came out which did away with the dessert for the QS meal and added a snack credit?

Some people have reported being able to do it at their resort, but it is much less common in the parks. The wording that allowed it has been removed from the brochures.

However, it never hurts to ask!

We were able to do it twice last week at the quick service at POR. Didn't try in the parks.

I'm thinking at the resorts they are still being flexible because with the DP you get a mug, and therefore don't need a drink at meals.

If they were to say no at the resorts, are there things like bottled water available you could take to the parks with you?

If they were to say no at the resorts, are there things like bottled water available you could take to the parks with you?
They have bottled water, powerade, juice, milk and I'm sure I'm missing some things. You could run back to the room and drop off milk or juice for breakfast the next morning. I think there is also iced tea and vitamin water.

They have bottled water, powerade, juice, milk and I'm sure I'm missing some things. You could run back to the room and drop off milk or juice for breakfast the next morning. I think there is also iced tea and vitamin water.

Great! Thanks for your help. =D

During my trip 2 weeks ago I was allowed to exchange drink for dessert at Pop, Capt. Cook's, Contempo Cafe and Pepper Market. I was not allowed at Landscapes of Flavor both times we dined there. Hope this helps.
Thank you, glad to hear actual experiences. Has anyone had lucky exchanging in a park?

Can anyone comment on Wilderness QS-either Roaring Fork or Geyser Point? We drive and bring plenty of bottled water and will have mugs from the DDP, so not being able to trade for a desert or snack is disappointing :(

During my trip 2 weeks ago I was allowed to exchange drink for dessert at Pop, Capt. Cook's, Contempo Cafe and Pepper Market. I was not allowed at Landscapes of Flavor both times we dined there. Hope this helps.

What were you able to get at Pop? And thanks for the heads up about Landscape of Flavor. That is very useful information. Also, to add to the list of bottled drinks available, in the past I have found bottled iced coffee.

What were you able to get at Pop? And thanks for the heads up about Landscape of Flavor. That is very useful information. Also, to add to the list of bottled drinks available, in the past I have found bottled iced coffee.

I've heard opposite reports at AofA and Pop. It really just depends on the cm you ask.

It depends on the CM. In May, we were able to do it everywhere (parks and resorts) except for Yorkshire County Fish Shop. I would just keep asking!

I've been at WDW since 9/2 and have been able to successfully swap our drinks for desserts without ANY question (in fact we were encouraged to do so by the Cast Member) at CHH, Backlot Express, and Sunshine Seasons. We also had zero problems at Gasparilla Grill. Pop is the ONLY place that is a no go.

I didn't even try at the parks but ASSp we had no trouble exchanging the drink for dessert.

At SSR at the end of August, on our first night, they told us at Artist's Palette we could grab a dessert or other snack item instead of a drink. It was the same at the other quick service at the resort. We could choose from dessert, salad, fruit, bottled drinks, or any of the packaged snack items-- pretty much anything that was a snack credit.

We didn't not try in the parks. I did try to break a qs credit into snack credits at BOG lunch and was told that they don't allow it there. I had no problem breaking meal credits into snacks at SSR though. 3 snacks per meal credit.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter