Exclusive-use Points - The Thread

emchen

Let's Discover*!
DVC Gold
This thread is self-evident in the title. These are points that we don’t use for any other resorts…these are our MVP, or Most Valuable Points. These are the opposite of SAP, or Sleep-Around Points.

Personally, mine is VGC (160 pts resale awaiting ROFR). Also, my entry into DVC is 75 points at Riviera bought direct (in Aulani), which will also be exclusive-use (5 nights in a deluxe studio during Spring Break 2020 woot!).

From my reading of the forums, VGF is definitely another MVP. BCV and BWV seems to be for many owners on account of the Food and Wine Festival at Epcot each fall.

I would love to know what is/are your MVP(s) and why?

Mine are BWV for standard view studios. But also my AKV which I only use for value or club level studios.

My SSR and BLT are my SAP.

Unfortunately Disney took MY VGF contract so I have to find a new one. Those points would also have been my MVP for VGF only.

We don't have any, lol. Even though we almost always use our points to stay home (BWV), we occasionally use them for a short stay elsewhere.

My Boulder Ridge are my MVPs and my VGFs are my SAPs.

I know it sounds bass ackwards, but currently my most important trip is my one I take one of the first two weeks of December and it is why I bought the VGF, but, hindsight, did not buy a fixed week and I should have . Too hard to get a studio reliably at that time. Went to BRV resale for that time frame, as its usually not an issue at 11 months. So now they are the MVPs.

I tend to use at least half my VGF points at VGF, but there are a few other places I enjoy staying to and switch out to also. Also, a switch out can save me some points at times since VGF is so point hungry.

If VGF ever became easy to get in early December, then I may alternate years.

My VGC points are my exclusive use points. I only have 100 there (2 50 point contracts), and it is so hard to get in there that I always use my VGC points to get a studio at VGC.

My sleep around points are my SSR ones, have never stayed there. My AKV are a mix since I stay there some of the time, but not all of the time with those.

I'm waiting on the ROFR for a 200 point contract at BLT but I actually want to stay there. If I have leftovers I can use them for my "sleep around points".

We own BLT, VGF, and RIV. VGF and RIV are August UYs, which means they are our MVPs for Christmas and anything in the fall. We bought BLT to have access to standard rooms as well, but I guess by default they "sleep around" because they cost the least. That said, I've been talking to my family about where we might want to try to stay next summer, when the 7mo window ought to be easier, and they unanimously want to stay at RIV and "a resort close to Magic Kingdom" ... 🤷‍♀️

I have BCV, VGF and RIV. They were all purchased with the intent to use them only at those resorts, but I have used my VGF points at other resorts for short stays (1 night BLT, 1 night AKV, 2 nights BCV, 2 nights Vero, 2 nights OKW, and 3 nights VGC).

The points used at BLT, AKV and BCV were done using points that were about to expire after I bought my first resale contract.

I have also transferred in SSR and BWV points and BWV was only used at BWV and SSR was used to get a nice 2BR at VGF.

We own BLT, VGF, and RIV. VGF and RIV are August UYs, which means they are our MVPs for Christmas and anything in the fall. We bought BLT to have access to standard rooms as well, but I guess by default they "sleep around" because they cost the least. That said, I've been talking to my family about where we might want to try to stay next summer, when the 7mo window ought to be easier, and they unanimously want to stay at RIV and "a resort close to Magic Kingdom" ... 🤷‍♀️
I could have gotten a lot cheaper price per point if I bought SSR but the rule of thumb is buy where you want to stay so BLT it was. CCR would ya e have been nice but it’s too hard to get inventory since there are not a lot of rooms but they sold a lot of points due to the cabins.

I could have gotten a lot cheaper price per point if I bought SSR but the rule of thumb is buy where you want to stay so BLT it was. CCR would ya e have been nice but it’s too hard to get inventory since there are not a lot of rooms but they sold a lot of points due to the cabins.

I got BLT for about what SSR goes for now (or less). Every once in a while, I wonder if I should have bought AKV or SSR for sleep around points instead, AKV with the added shot at value/concierge. But then I have a hard time using BLT for anything but BLT standard since that is the best value for MK-area points.

I got BLT for about what SSR goes for now (or less). Every once in a while, I wonder if I should have bought AKV or SSR for sleep around points instead, AKV with the added shot at value/concierge. But then I have a hard time using BLT for anything but BLT standard since that is the best value for MK-area points.

Really?? SSR is going for around $105-$128 pp now and you can't touch BLT for that currently. At the moment, anything (for the most part) under $140 pp at BLT is getting taken by ROFR. This just happened to me. I made another offer that is more middle of the road and feel confident it will pass as I do not see any BLT getting taken for over $140 pp. Did you buy BLT when it opened? I had the chance and it was $101 pp!!! Wish I would have jumped on it then!

I've been talking to my family about where we might want to try to stay next summer, when the 7mo window ought to be easier, and they unanimously want to stay at RIV and "a resort close to Magic Kingdom" ... 🤷‍♀️
There might be another resort close (walking distance) to MK by next summer....... hopefully they finish that walkway and bridge soon.

If you got BLT back when it was in the low hundreds, why would you second guess yourself w regards to SSR? At any rate, SAPs are supposed to be the most economical total price per point anyhow, so I think using your BLT for sleeping around is exactly what u should do.

My VGC points are my exclusive use points. I only have 100 there (2 50 point contracts), and it is so hard to get in there that I always use my VGC points to get a studio at VGC.

My sleep around points are my SSR ones, have never stayed there. My AKV are a mix since I stay there some of the time, but not all of the time with those.
I think I may be your strategy-twin...except I have Riviera in place of your AKV.

Really?? SSR is going for around $105-$128 pp now and you can't touch BLT for that currently. At the moment, anything (for the most part) under $140 pp at BLT is getting taken by ROFR. This just happened to me. I made another offer that is more middle of the road and feel confident it will pass as I do not see any BLT getting taken for over $140 pp. Did you buy BLT when it opened? I had the chance and it was $101 pp!!! Wish I would have jumped on it then!

If you got BLT back when it was in the low hundreds, why would you second guess yourself w regards to SSR? At any rate, SAPs are supposed to be the most economical total price per point anyhow, so I think using your BLT for sleeping around is exactly what u should do.

I know, right? SSR back then was in the $80s...! We bought BLT in 2017 when it was in the low $100s, it's true they are the most economical, but we have so few of them relative to VGF and RIV that ... we may actually use some VGF points as SAP later next year....

There might be another resort close (walking distance) to MK by next summer....... hopefully they finish that walkway and bridge soon.

Is there something you are not telling us, other than the news/rumor/info about the permit from last month??!!

We bought BLT in 2017 when it was in the low $100s

What?!?! Oh no! I’m paying $145! Then again there’s nothing I can do about that since that’s the current market. Anything under $140 for BLT Disney is taking back. You definitely scored if you got that low of a price!

Is there something you are not telling us, other than the news/rumor/info about the permit from last month??!!

I think there are even pictures of pre-construction supporting this news in the VGF Resort Thread.

What?!?! Oh no! I’m paying $145! Then again there’s nothing I can do about that since that’s the current market. Anything under $140 for BLT Disney is taking back. You definitely scored if you got that low of a price!
BLT is definitely a resort where I wish I'd bought more points from the get-go.

By the way, don't look at the ROFR threads from early 2017 and before, unless you want to cry. Even in 2017, I looked at prices that passed ROFR in 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016 and ... 😭

I only own points at BWV, and frankly have too many of those with 150. Probably 90%+ of our stays are at BWV - we will use them for other resorts if that fits what we want and its available (it always has been - one BCV stay, one VAKL stay and one CCV stay). We once rented HHI points for a Summer trip - personally I think that's a better way to go than sleep around points. I'm not much of a sleep around kind of girl and more a creature of habit wanting a low stress stay.

It has nothing to do with Food and Wine or even loving the BW (although I like the Boardwalk and as the place for most of our trips, it has a lot of sentimental value). BWV was the right sized right priced resale contract when we bought.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!