Execucar- just Say No

Piglet99645

DIS Veteran
I’m currently in a Lyft from LAX to Disneyland.

I had booked an Execucar a few days ago. The email gave me a dispatch number to call once I had my bags, and the dispatcher would tell us where to meet our car.

We didn’t check luggage, so I started calling the number as we were walking to baggage claim. 12:45 am. No answer. I called three times, it went directly to hold music, then eventually disconnected each time.

I went to the website and put in my conf # and clicked “locate my driver.” It said “no info available.”

At 1:15 am I called a Lyft, which arrived in 4 minutes. I’m with two kids st LAX at 1 am. I’m not waiting around.

Once in the Lyft I tried to cancel the Execucar reservation. Because the pickup time had passed, I couldn’t cancel it online.

I called dispatch again. No answer.

I went to the Execucar website and located an 800# for reservations. Someone answered immediately.

She seemed to not believe me. She put me on hold and called dispatch herself. She made me tell her repeatedly the steps I had taken to locate my driver. She said that I can apply for a refund At supershuttle.com but that because it was less than an hour since I landed she couldn’t refund. The driver has an hour to locate us, she said.

I shared my thoughts with her on that. I told her If dispatch doesn’t answer there’s not much hope of a driver finding me. She said I should have called the 800#. I noted that the 800# was not in the emailed instructions.

Just avoid this outfit.

The car service driver should be looking for you, not the other way around. The driver should monitor flight arrivals, and be waiting at baggage claim
Agreed 100%, the few times we've used a service like this they wanted our flight info, they then monitored our flight arrives, we never had to do a thing except look for our name as we came out of baggage claim.

I’m currently in a Lyft from LAX to Disneyland.

I had booked an Execucar a few days ago. The email gave me a dispatch number to call once I had my bags, and the dispatcher would tell us where to meet our car.

We didn’t check luggage, so I started calling the number as we were walking to baggage claim. 12:45 am. No answer. I called three times, it went directly to hold music, then eventually disconnected each time.

I went to the website and put in my conf # and clicked “locate my driver.” It said “no info available.”

At 1:15 am I called a Lyft, which arrived in 4 minutes. I’m with two kids st LAX at 1 am. I’m not waiting around.

Once in the Lyft I tried to cancel the Execucar reservation. Because the pickup time had passed, I couldn’t cancel it online.

I called dispatch again. No answer.

I went to the Execucar website and located an 800# for reservations. Someone answered immediately.

She seemed to not believe me. She put me on hold and called dispatch herself. She made me tell her repeatedly the steps I had taken to locate my driver. She said that I can apply for a refund At supershuttle.com but that because it was less than an hour since I landed she couldn’t refund. The driver has an hour to locate us, she said.

I shared my thoughts with her on that. I told her If dispatch doesn’t answer there’s not much hope of a driver finding me. She said I should have called the 800#. I noted that the 800# was not in the emailed instructions.

Just avoid this outfit.
If your credit card was charged file a complaint with your credit card company.

The car service driver should be looking for you, not the other way around. The driver should monitor flight arrivals, and be waiting at baggage claim

Agreed 100%, the few times we've used a service like this they wanted our flight info, they then monitored our flight arrives, we never had to do a thing except look for our name as we came out of baggage claim.
I use Execucar everytime I fly into LAX. I have never needed to locate the driver as they are always standing by baggage claim with my name on their iPad. The drivers are great, I've had a flight 3 hours delayed and the guy monitored and was there when I exited to baggage claim. I'm sorry you had a poor experience. In 30+ uses, I've never had a bad experience.

Thanks all. I got the basic service which didn’t include meeting at baggage claim. We didn’t check bags so the curb was fine. The email clearly said I had to call a dispatcher and I assumed they would meet us at the curb. I think the breakdown was with the dispatch people who didn’t answer the phone. And with the customer service thereafter.

I had 50 minutes to kill in the Lyft, hence the rant. Waiting for the kids to wake up for our first day at Disney! 3 am bedtime did not result in rope drop.

Thanks for listening.

I had a similar experience with Execucar with an arranged pickup from a cruise ending at the port in LA. When I was curbside, I called the number I was told to call. Whoever answered took down my information (and was somewhat snippy about it, too). I waited awhile, but no driver. Called again. Was hung up on. Called again. Was told the call was supposed to be transferred to dispatch and there was no record of my earlier call. (If this wasn't the right number to call, then why did they give it to me?) The third time apparently was the charm. Well after the scheduled pickup time (and an hour after I first started trying to contact them) the driver finally showed. He said he had been waiting for an hour and a half in the waiting area just outside the cruise port, and no one ever told him I had arrived. No more Execucar for us.

I used Execucar once to go from my house (near San Pedro) to the Long Beach airport. The idiot driver didn't know where the airport was. He had his cell phone in his hand, trying to search his map, missed his turn and slammed on his brakes to stop in the left lane of the freeway. I had to direct him step by step for the whole way to the airport (which I'd never driven to and barely knew the way to myself). No tip for him and I refuse to use Execucar again. My husband has used them, no problem. I guess there's just no consistency.

Agree with the post here about if you credit card was charged to dispute it. I had an issue with United overselling me an upgrade to 1st class. They were supposed to refund me and didn't. I disputed it through my credit card - gave the circumstance of the issue - they oversold 1st class and the service was never received. The credit card company will put a hold on that charge then in about a week you'll get an email or letter saying it's been permanently removed or if they will make you pay.

Hope you don't let this ruin your trip. Your due some Disney Magic. have fun!

Yes my credit card is always great about resolving things.

At 1:30 am I received a cancellation/ refund email from Execucar. So hopefully that’s the end of it.

We are on our afternoon break. Checking into Grand Legacy at 2 am was a breeze. But trying to check into our 2nd room today (some of our party came in this afternoon) was a fiasco. Lol. I usually have pretty good travel karma but this one has had a few glitches. Nothing to ruin a trip though.

Parks were quiet this morning. Busier now but still very manageable.

Well after the scheduled pickup time (and an hour after I first started trying to contact them) the driver finally showed. He said he had been waiting for an hour and a half in the waiting area just outside the cruise port, and no one ever told him I had arrived. No more Execucar for us.

Yeah the reservations woman was annoyed that I had called a Lyft. “I have cars on the property right now!” Well.... that does me no good if you don’t send one to get me!

Yeah the reservations woman was annoyed that I had called a Lyft. “I have cars on the property right now!” Well.... that does me no good if you don’t send one to get me!

Exactly! I was *this* close to just getting in a cab. The only thing that stopped me was that I had prepaid.

Super Shuttle left me in the lurch the morning I was supposed to fly out to Chicago. I had ordered a private ride, got 2 different texts the morning of telling me drivers were on their way, and then a call telling me no one was available. They offered a taxi, but couldn't tell me when it would arrive. I had to throw my luggage in my car and drive to SFO myself. Luckily, there was little traffic so I got there in time. Sorry customer service with no attempt to salvage my low opinion of their service. I will never use them again.

Super Shuttle left me in the lurch the morning I was supposed to fly out to Chicago. I had ordered a private ride, got 2 different texts the morning of telling me drivers were on their way, and then a call telling me no one was available. They offered a taxi, but couldn't tell me when it would arrive. I had to throw my luggage in my car and drive to SFO myself. Luckily, there was little traffic so I got there in time. Sorry customer service with no attempt to salvage my low opinion of their service. I will never use them again.

How do they stay in business??

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter