Exercise on the Magic...Question

Y

younginspirit

Ok I know...exercise? Right! Just lay back and relax! Well, I hope to continue my humble and strained routine on board to off set (a bit) those fantastic desserts. Can anyone fill me in on the aerobics classes, fitness equipment, jogging deck,etc? Thanks, Bev

Hi Bev, and welcome to the cruise board! :)

There is plenty of opportunity for exercise on the ship. The fitness center is located in the spa and they offer all types of aerobics and other workout classes. In the center they have treadmills, stair climbers, bikes, rowing machine, weight machines and free weights. You can also run or walk along the Promenade Deck on Deck 4. Taking the stairs instead of the elevator is also a good way to burn a few extra calories. :)

Im planning on walking deck 4 - may not get there when everyone else is walking but Im planning on some time even if not every day. St Thomas & St Marten days may be more difficult and oh ya Castaway Cay day. Um maybe I can make it there on port days?!
Ive been walking 21miles/week and I know once I stop my butt gets bigger- lol So 3miles/day = 12times around deck 4 each day.

Does this count as exercise? Moving the food from the plate, to the fork to my mouth.:jester:

Best jogging, for me, is early morning on Deck 10. You have to get there before it gets crowded. I tried to go before 8:00. What a view!!

What's great about the treadmills is that they overlook the bridge, the CM's pool and the vast, wide, blue ocean!!! What a view...:p

You would be surprised at the number of people in the fitness center when it opened each day at 7am! There were a number of treadmills, elliptical trainers and stair steppers and you can watch tv or look down at the bridge while you sweat. We went for a number of walks on Deck 4 in the evenings after dinner (after eating all that food!). Its nice to walk in the ocean breeze. I tried walking/jogging on deck 10 but felt like I was always dodging deck chairs and people and it was very sunny up there.
Have a great trip! (Wish I were going back soon!) :D

Misswit, yes, the ship's fitness facilities are identical. :)

I jogged around deck 4 on most mornings and then would head over to the fitness center to play with the weights a little. Some days were a little more crowded then others but for the most part it worked out well. If you want to do an exercise class, I would suggest you get there early. The first day there were a lot of ppl there but not room enough for everyone. They really need to have a sign-in sheet so this way when they hit the maximum they can let everyone else know the class has been filled. The aerobics classes probably hold about 12-14 ppl.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter