Exiting MK After Parade

browdl

Earning My Ears
Any strategies for exiting MK after SpectroMagic (& maybe before fireworks)? Is it better to watch from Main Street / Town Square, or at the Frontierland end? Any "secret shortcuts" to the exit? We'll be headed for the boat launch to Wilderness Lodge (18 days!!!)

after spectromagic or the fireworks you want to be as close you can to the exit cause it gets very crowded. i suggest standing near the park bench with roy disney on it.

Walking down Main Street after the evening parade is a" Disney" moment. I wouldn't want to leave the park in a hurry, but stay and soak up the gestalt of the MK as Walt intended.:p

We like to watch it from Town Square if we want to get out fast. If you are back in Frontierland, you would be better off sitting down and wait for the crowds to exit, it can be wall to wall people on Main Street afterwards. One time the park was crowded and we watched the parade and then the fireworks from the Tomorrowland Bridge. It was actually scary getting out, so many people were bunched together on Main Street.

The crowds can be so heavy for us not worth the fight to get out. We sometimes have probelms with our feet and legs. So we leave a little early to get a head start either that or wait for 1/2 half after the show then it is not as crowed. We stand near the crystal palace sometimes we have seen tinkerbell start the show. :bounce: :bounce: :earsboy: :earsgirl: :crazy:
mickeyminnie.gif

My suggestion.....and it worked quite well for us when we stayed at Wilderness Lodge two monthes ago is............enjoy the parade wherever you want (I prefer Liberty Square), then take a leisurely walk out down Main St. (walking thru the stores, they all connect thus no crowd).....by the time you get out front there will be a loooonnnggg line for Wilderness Lodge boat launch.........ignore that and walk five minutes to Contemporary (ten if you have real little kids, mine are 5 and 6) and then take Contemporary boat launch to Wilderness Lodge........there is never anybody at that dock and we did the gate at the Magic Kingdom to the pool at WL in 15 minutes both nites we were there..........beats standing in a long line with cranky kids, you are always moving and there is no crowds......there is a nice safe walkway that connects Contemporary and Magic Kingdom.......you have to cross one intersection but with common sense is very safe...........

The last time we were at the parade, it was horrible getting out. People just abandoned the rented strollers and left them in the middle of Main St. I definitely agree with another poster - it was scary. It was so cramped with people and then stroller roadblocks just added to the misery. I plan on staying closer to the exit next time.

Anna

Oh I hate to get out right after parades or fireworks! It is neurotic in there.

Jeez, those lines to get in the tram, ferry and monorail are nightmarish, and hard on the little ones too, you hear them fuzzing a lot. It is kind of cute to see parents going crazy carrying their sleepy peanuts and dealing with being pushed back and forth

Once we ran back to Alien Ancounter and then by the time we went out the lines were far bearable.

Get out quick after spectro to avoid the mad rush. That is the only thing I don't like obout The Magic Kingdom. People pushing and shoving to get through, stepping on your kids, kicking your stroller, ....ect. I suggest you get on line for the boat, and wait for the fireworks to start, and watch them from the line As soon as they are over get on quick. We did this once by accident waiting for the Asmo bus and it worked out great. Or if you can time it just right be on the boat back to the resort and watch the fireworks from there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter