Expect the Unexpected: A 2021 PTR- finally updated and planning our next trip!

Popping in to say I'm here and following along! I can't wait to see your plans for baby's first trip.

When I saw the title of your PTR, I said to myself, "She's a BB fan!" :rotfl: I'm a sucker for that show, as well. My summer's not the same if I don't hear Julie Chen going, "But first..."

Popping in to say I'm here and following along! I can't wait to see your plans for baby's first trip.

Welcome! Thanks for joining!

When I saw the title of your PTR, I said to myself, "She's a BB fan!" :rotfl: I'm a sucker for that show, as well. My summer's not the same if I don't hear Julie Chen going, "But first..."

Yess! It's such mindless television but I love it :rotfl: :rotfl:

Hi remember me? :rolleyes1 :rolleyes1

I'm still here and still very pregnant 🤰. I'm 38 weeks this week and beyond ready to evict this child lol. We've been busy getting everything set up to prepare for his arrival and I think we're as ready as we'll ever be.

I had my last days at work this week. I was going to try to push it one more week but with our COVID numbers rising, the ER was starting to feel very risky and I decided the week wasn't worth it.

We took some maternity pictures last month and I love how they came out.

IMG-1324.jpgIMG-4362.jpgIMG-4390.jpg

We decided not to spend the money on a professional photographer for maternity and newborn photos and do them ourselves with our camera and my sister did a fantastic job playing photographer in my opinion!

As far as planning goes for the baby's first trip, not much has happened. The plan was to go at the beginning of February and be there for my birthday also but since he's not showing any signs of coming out any time soon, he won't be able to get his two month vaccinations before we travel and that's a deal breaker for me.

The primary reason we were in a big rush to get down to Florida with him was to see Mike's mom, and as horrible as it is to say, with her passing, the pressure to get down there right away is gone.

So there's a good chance our dates may change to the end of February, depending on when this baby decides to show his face!

In the meanwhile, I'm trying to think of some Christmas traditions we may want to start with him.

Anyone have any they'd like to share?

giphy.gif

Hi remember me? :rolleyes1 :rolleyes1
Corby... something... Corrinne, maybe? Starts with a C. Pretty sure.
I'm 38 weeks this week and beyond ready to evict this child lol.
:laughing: A familiar refrain.
We've been busy getting everything set up to prepare for his arrival and I think we're as ready as we'll ever be.
Oh you're not ready. You never will be, so don't worry about it. Trust me. It'll all work out wonderfully. :)
I had my last days at work this week. I was going to try to push it one more week but with our COVID numbers rising, the ER was starting to feel very risky and I decided the week wasn't worth it.
Wise decision.
We took some maternity pictures last month and I love how they came out.
You look beautiful, Courtney. :hug:
As far as planning goes for the baby's first trip, not much has happened. The plan was to go at the beginning of February and be there for my birthday also but since he's not showing any signs of coming out any time soon, he won't be able to get his two month vaccinations before we travel and that's a deal breaker for me.
Another wise decision. And you'll be changing lots of things as he grows. But it's a wonderful ride. :)
In the meanwhile, I'm trying to think of some Christmas traditions we may want to start with him.

We bought an ornament every year for our DDs for the first few years.

We decided not to spend the money on a professional photographer for maternity and newborn photos and do them ourselves with our camera and my sister did a fantastic job playing photographer in my opinion!

Your sister did an awesome job. This could be a good side job for her. I thought they were professionally done.

You look great. He will be here soon. I know the end is rough. I hit the last 4 weeks with each of mine and I was done. I even lost it when the hospital called and said they had to move the date of my induction with my DS. I even called my dr on the after hours lines telling them they needed to do something. Seriously I lost all common sense at the end and wanted him out. I still had to wait the extra day. With my DD I was 3 weeks early. I was induced because I have gestational thrombopenia each time I am pregnant. So I didn't get as bad with her.

I get an ornament each year for each kid. I try to make it something that reminds me of that year. Like the one year DD made DH act out Beauty and the Beast all the time. She got an ornament with Belle on it. It has changed as they got older and they help me pick out ones. Still something about the year. DS got a baby yoda as he has been watching the Mandalorian on his own without us since we are waiting for all the episodes to be out before watching. His last year was a karate uniform with a black belt since he got his black belt. DD this year got a marshmallow guy sitting on a piece of chocolate playing the guitar. When the pandemic started she bought herself a guitar and taught herself how to play but she also ate a ton of smores over the summer when we watched movies outside. So it all fit her this year.

I label each one with there names and the year. When they move out I will send them with them for their own tree. I will still continue to get one each year after that as well.

Other then this it would be that the tree goes up the Friday after Thanksgiving and we always take a day to bake cookies. They each get to pick one kind that they like and then I make a few others as well.

I have a photo ornament with the year on it for both my kids. I get them every year love to see them little. They are not expensive Hallmark ones. They have great ones at Michaels cheap every year.

I also have Hallmark ones people have given them. First Christmas up to age 5. Ones with there names on them. I have a large freezer bag for each child now...lol asked if my son wanted them for his first tree with his girlfriend. He told me not yet didn’t want to take them from me because I love every one of them.

I also took a family picture every Christmas and picture of them alone. I have scrap books for each child with 8x10 ‘s in it . These too are my favourite. Printing pictures these days are so easy.

The pictures are beautiful and such a nice keepsake!
Both of my kids made very early appearances and that was scary! I am glad your little guy is staying in the right length of time. He will be healthy and strong!
Yay to having a hiatus from work, ugh! Our numbers are the highest since the pandemic started! It is scary. We are locked down again for the most part. All bars, restaurants, and entertainment places are all closed through the year. The virus is so widespread now, it is everywhere 🤢
Of course you have to get the baby’s first Christmas ornament and since he is a December baby, get a special one each year!
Put your feet up and rest before Robert makes his debut!!

Can’t wait to “meet” your little nugget soon! Those pictures turned out great. Your sister did a fantastic job with the pictures, you look amazing.

My absolute favorite tradition my family did growing up was opening a single present on Christmas Eve. Usually my mom managed to encourage us towards a book and I would start it before bed! One year my sister and I got matching pajamas and we IMMEDIATELY put them on.

Your sister did an awesome job. This could be a good side job for her. I thought they were professionally done.

You look great. He will be here soon. I know the end is rough. I hit the last 4 weeks with each of mine and I was done. I even lost it when the hospital called and said they had to move the date of my induction with my DS. I even called my dr on the after hours lines telling them they needed to do something. Seriously I lost all common sense at the end and wanted him out. I still had to wait the extra day. With my DD I was 3 weeks early. I was induced because I have gestational thrombopenia each time I am pregnant. So I didn't get as bad with her.

I get an ornament each year for each kid. I try to make it something that reminds me of that year. Like the one year DD made DH act out Beauty and the Beast all the time. She got an ornament with Belle on it. It has changed as they got older and they help me pick out ones. Still something about the year. DS got a baby yoda as he has been watching the Mandalorian on his own without us since we are waiting for all the episodes to be out before watching. His last year was a karate uniform with a black belt since he got his black belt. DD this year got a marshmallow guy sitting on a piece of chocolate playing the guitar. When the pandemic started she bought herself a guitar and taught herself how to play but she also ate a ton of smores over the summer when we watched movies outside. So it all fit her this year.

I label each one with there names and the year. When they move out I will send them with them for their own tree. I will still continue to get one each year after that as well.

Other then this it would be that the tree goes up the Friday after Thanksgiving and we always take a day to bake cookies. They each get to pick one kind that they like and then I make a few others as well.
i do a special ornamen for my grandkids..I too link it to the year...cheering..football..one year I got them ornaments that matche to each ones Halloween costume..I also get each one a Christmas book and write a special message. Which we pit in a huge wicker basket by the tree.. when they grow up I will give them the ornaments and their books to start their collection..

Hi! Oh you poor thing! I never made it to 38 weeks! Savannah (well Covid) decided that 37+1 was the day. A routine doctors appointment blew up in my face and 6 hours later baby was here! I hope you can get some rest and enjoy the quiet. I actually felt more rested once the baby was here believe it or not. No more bladder stomping late at night! I do not blame you for wanting to push the trip back. My DD got sick, cold symptoms, right after her two month vaccine, so keep that in mind when picking dates. She was not a happy camper for about a week. Doctor said it was a normal vaccine reaction and that her system was building up its immunity.

My DD got sick, cold symptoms, right after her two month vaccine, so keep that in mind when picking dates. She was not a happy camper for about a week. Doctor said it was a normal vaccine reaction and that her system was building up its immunity.

My son did the same thing after his. He also had a high fever for several days. His doctor sent him to the ER for tests. He was admitted for 3 days and a battery of tests. It came back that he only had a cold. This kid always keeps me on my toes. When ever he gets sick he will run 105 fevers.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter