Expedition Everest 2015

What's the latest on Expedition Everest for next year? Is it definitely discontinued?

Not at all. Most of the speculation seemed to revolve around the construction of Avatarland shutting it down and it possibly being replaced by Star Wars in Disney World. However, Star Wars has since been rolled out for Disneyland and runDisney has published dates for a 2015 EEC event. They could still change things, but for now all indications are for it returning rather than not.

On a related note, my family and I had a blast at this year's event and after party! It was a great introduction to my family members who don't run, and another great time for my fiancee and I who do! :thumbsup2

Oh, this is driving me crazy:crazy2:! DD8 (turning 9 this Sept) has wanted to do this race for over a year. We promised that we'd take her as soon as she was old enough, which will be 2015. We have a trip in Oct 2014 planned and the kids will miss 2.5 days of school. Then it dawned on us that the 2015 EEC is in the same school year so they will miss another 4 days for that trip:eek:. We passed up the DVC PAP special ($429!) and bought 5-day PH passes instead. When we go in October, I plan to upgrade them to AP's *if* the EEC will be held. If the EEC is off, then we won't be going to WDW next year and won't need AP's. I certainly hope that RunDisney officially announces the dates and the event before we go in October:scared:.

I'm also in the eagerly waiting category. I did it randomly this year (long story, but basically I had a weekend off from my part-time job, I decided to go to WDW, and then a friend said "Hey, that's Expedition Everest!" and it was still open, so I registered and did it) and really want to do it again.

I'm debating my ticket options for Marathon Weekend, and was thinking about just getting an AP, but unless Everest happens, I'm not sure it would really be worth it (beyond the early registration option). I know I don't have to make a decision now...just budgeting trips and stuff it would be easier to have more advance knowledge.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter