Expedition Everest Challenge May 5 @ 9:30 2012

See, I totally would have yelled out "I'm moving faster than you, bleepbutt!"
Some people are jerks.

I hope everyone here is writing up complaints about the race, especially those who have done it in the past. runDisney and WDW need to know the issues or they won't fix it.

LOL!!! Bleepbutt?! That is awesome!!
Is there some place on the runDisney page to send in an email?

I am irritated with Brightroom right now. I want to order my cd - but I can't figure out how to get this kid off my race # - since the kids bib # is the same as mine. I am sure his parents don't want someone with pictures of their kid on their cd! Plus, I have a couple where my bib was no longer on - thanks Kali River Rapids! I wanted to add those to mine and I can't figure out how.
They don't answer their emails....
:rolleyes2

LOL!!! Bleepbutt?! That is awesome!!
Is there some place on the runDisney page to send in an email?

I am irritated with Brightroom right now. I want to order my cd - but I can't figure out how to get this kid off my race # - since the kids bib # is the same as mine. I am sure his parents don't want someone with pictures of their kid on their cd! Plus, I have a couple where my bib was no longer on - thanks Kali River Rapids! I wanted to add those to mine and I can't figure out how.
They don't answer their emails....
:rolleyes2

LOL, well, I don't want to have to give myself points! and I must confess that I was watching Grimm at the time and Nick was talking about Blutbads (werewolves).

rundisney@disneysports.com

407-938-3398

not sure what to tell you about the pics. Is there a button when you look at the photos that says not me?

LOL, well, I don't want to have to give myself points! and I must confess that I was watching Grimm at the time and Nick was talking about Blutbads (werewolves).

rundisney@disneysports.com

407-938-3398

not sure what to tell you about the pics. Is there a button when you look at the photos that says not me?

Oh, I love Grimm!!! I fell asleep watching last night and don't know how it ended (since mom deleted it! ARGH!)
I will put together my email tonight.
I will also get on Brightroom to see about that "not me" thing - maybe?

Oh, I love Grimm!!! I fell asleep watching last night and don't know how it ended (since mom deleted it! ARGH!)
I will put together my email tonight.
I will also get on Brightroom to see about that "not me" thing - maybe?

I haven't seen the last 5 - 10 minutes. This week is the season finally! I'm going to go through "good tv" withdrawal!

you should be able to watch it here.

http://www.nbc.com/grimm/video/

Bummed :( After several emails back and forth with Photo Pass Support, they have given up! I ordered the digital download of our pic on our last EE ride of the night after the race...it came out really cute, plus I thought it was a neat keep sake because we were in our race outfits and wearing our medals...and cheaper than the Brightroom pics! Well, something happened and the CM didn't attach the file correctly to my Photo Pass card...and I just knew something was wrong too. When he was doing it, I kept seeing an error message pop up on the viewing screen that's on the counter there where you buy the pics but he finally assured me it would be there when I loaded the photo pass card number into my photo pass account. Of course, it wasn't. Miraculously, I still had the receipt when I got home! I emailed back and forth with the support team several times...gave them copies of the time stamped receipt to narrow down the time frame that the photo was taken, pics of us wearing the same clothes, etc so they could go back and try to find our pic. Thought they had it once, but it ended up not being the right one...so clearly they weren't comparing the pics I sent them with the one they "thought" was the right one...sigh. They finally gave up and emailed today to say I could call for a refund because they couldn't find it. The incorrect one they sent me had race participants in it, so I know they were on the right day! I think they just got lazy :( oh well, I'm now awaiting my whopping $10.36 refund check...since I paid cash that night. Boo!

:( Sorry to hear that, Summer! Your outfits were so cute and Gabby is adorable.

Bummed :( After several emails back and forth with Photo Pass Support, they have given up! I ordered the digital download of our pic on our last EE ride of the night after the race...it came out really cute, plus I thought it was a neat keep sake because we were in our race outfits and wearing our medals...and cheaper than the Brightroom pics! Well, something happened and the CM didn't attach the file correctly to my Photo Pass card...and I just knew something was wrong too. When he was doing it, I kept seeing an error message pop up on the viewing screen that's on the counter there where you buy the pics but he finally assured me it would be there when I loaded the photo pass card number into my photo pass account. Of course, it wasn't. Miraculously, I still had the receipt when I got home! I emailed back and forth with the support team several times...gave them copies of the time stamped receipt to narrow down the time frame that the photo was taken, pics of us wearing the same clothes, etc so they could go back and try to find our pic. Thought they had it once, but it ended up not being the right one...so clearly they weren't comparing the pics I sent them with the one they "thought" was the right one...sigh. They finally gave up and emailed today to say I could call for a refund because they couldn't find it. The incorrect one they sent me had race participants in it, so I know they were on the right day! I think they just got lazy :( oh well, I'm now awaiting my whopping $10.36 refund check...since I paid cash that night. Boo!

Definitely the most fun runDisney event I've participated. Ours was a bit of a battle of the sexes, with us two husbands taking on the wives. Here's our story from the Expedition Everest Challenge.

Let's just say, it didn't go well for the men:thumbsup2

Definitely the most fun runDisney event I've participated. Ours was a bit of a battle of the sexes, with us two husbands taking on the wives. Here's our story from the Expedition Everest Challenge.

Let's just say, it didn't go well for the men:thumbsup2

Read your write up this morning from a post on FB! I remember seeing the wives and their cute outfits!!

Hi to all of the EECers! Again, thank you to everyone for being so full of encouragement as I prepared for this, after only running for less than 3 months.

I went as a team with another girlfriend, who is in much better physical shape than I am. We were in Wave 7, started at 10:08. She was wearing the bib that had the chip in it and scooted ahead of me, finishing in 42 minutes. I was a full 10 minutes behind her -drats! But then we finished up the scavenger hunt in 15-20 minutes. We decided that all of the adrenalin from the race had rushed to our brains so we got the clues fairly easily. So we managed to rank middle of the pack - not too shabby for our first Disney race.

Funny thing about my friend - on Saturday, we both were in a general upheaval about all of this, not knowing what to expect. We decided that, even if we didn't want to admit it, we were control freaks, uncomfortable being so far out of our element. My friend commented on Saturday afternoon - 'I don't know why people want to compete like this - pretty silly if you ask me.'

On Sunday morning, after the race, it was a completely different story. She was poring over the race results and strategizing on ways to beat our time next year. [Next year???] I told her how glad I was that she wasn't competitive :rotfl:.

Anyway, a great time was had by all. Something I learned about myself - I have running race anxiety [kinda like test anxiety]. At home, I can run/walk that 3 miles several times per week, have the right shoes, be totally pumped up - but the second that the start is announced, I freeze and become some sort of audio-animatronic. Everything becomes a blur of crowds and noise, until I see the finish line and I come to life again. This time, I just couldn't get into a running groove so I walked most of it - sincerest of apologies to whoever's path I blocked, I tried really hard to keep out of everyone's way. Then, after I crossed that first finish line to get to the scavenger hunt, I was fired up and ran to all of the clues. My friend was telling me to slow down! What's up with that??!!?!?

Pretty much, I agree with most assessments of the negatives - no clear planning of waves, runners and scavenger hunters getting in each other's way, the djs at the beginning that I couldn't even understand. I am so glad I didn't check a bag because, even when I finished, around 11:30, the line was super long. I was disappointed not to get the powerade or banana - at least I was until I heard how hot the powerade had been...blek!

If there is a 'next year,' I am definitely NOT getting there two hours early, that's for sure. My feet hurt the next day, not from the walking/running, but from all of that standing!

And what was up with that race shirt? I wore mine and am convinced that a long-sleeved wool turtleneck could not have been more stifling! I wasn't really that hot except for the shirt. Are all tech shirts like that? Mine will stay in the drawer until September at least - way too hot now.

About negative comments from the spectators or fellow racers, I didn't hear any - but maybe because I was still in race-shock mode. Ignorance is bliss, I guess.

We had a great time at the party afterwards - rode EE several times, along with PW and Dinosaur. Funny story about PW - the CM warned at the end that the bar would be raising up. I was wearing my metal and forgot that it was hanging over the bar. So the bar went up and my medal bopped me in the head. That hurt, much more than I would have thought it would have! I was a little embarassed that this happened but thought it was pretty ironic that the only injury I might have potentially sustained from the big 5K was the concussion from the medal hitting me in the head after Primeval Hurl [nod to Princess V].

I've read everyone's blogs - so much fun to relive that night, without the sore feet. And, truly, I wouldn't have attempted something like this if it hadn't been for the support of my fellow racers. Might see y'all next year!

:grouphug:

Glad you ended up enjoying it so much :)

Wish I could join you all again next year but I'm afraid we don't know when we'll be at Disney again :( I know - that's aweful isn't it?!?! :sad:

I did enjoy doing it the once though and DD and I are SO proud of ourselves :thumbsup2

ONLY DISNEY could convince me to train and run 5K. LOL. and now I know I can do it! THANKS DISNEY!!!!

Hey EEC fans...Run Disney has EEC 2013's date up and posted as May 4, 2013! :cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

I really want to do this for next year. Is anyone going to start a thread on that - or is it too early? :goodvibes
Also - can someone tell me if the host resorts are the same every year? I assume AKL is, but what about the others?

I really want to do this for next year. Is anyone going to start a thread on that - or is it too early? :goodvibes
Also - can someone tell me if the host resorts are the same every year? I assume AKL is, but what about the others?

We did this race for the first time last year and LOVED it! I searched and didn't see another thread for 2013. I'll try to start a new one:) I've never started a thread before...lol......:rotfl:......Hopefully it will work! :goodvibes

I'm pretty sure AKL will be a host resort, but I'm not sure about the others. We stayed there last year and it was AMAZING!!!!

Thanks! I'm super excited. I absolutely love AKL so I'd be more than happy to stay there - if I can rent points. Otherwise it might be the host moderate so I was just curious. I mean, I have plenty of time to plan - I just get overly excited ;)

I'll be on that new 2013 thread if you start one!

kayleesmomxo said:
We did this race for the first time last year and LOVED it! I searched and didn't see another thread for 2013. I'll try to start a new one:) I've never started a thread before...lol......:rotfl:......Hopefully it will work! :goodvibes

I'm pretty sure AKL will be a host resort, but I'm not sure about the others. We stayed there last year and it was AMAZING!!!!

Did the expedition everest challenge this year and loved it! Please let me know if you start a thread for 2013!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter