Experience with Kosher meals

Scarlet_J

Mouseketeer
Has anyone here had experience with Kosher meals or eating Kosher at Disney? My brother and his family are going. They are somewhat lenient - as long as the food they are consuming is vegetarian or fish (non-shellfish), they are okay if it was prepared in the same kitchen as meat or using the same dishes. We've done all the research and they know which quick service places offer Kosher meals, and where to find vegetarian meals. I don't think they will do many table service meals, I think they will mostly be eating at QS places.

I was just looking for someone who might have personal experience. What were the Kosher meals like? Was it easy to order? Did it take long? Any advice I can pass along to them?

I did a search and read some reviews. I have no personal knowledge just curious

At qs, the meals are heated individually and to allow extra time. With 48-72 hours notice, ts kosher is available.

Hoping there are folks w experience that post

In 2008 we arranged for kosher TS meals and didn't like it. Because the kitchens aren't kosher, they were premade/brought-in and heated in their plastic wrap. On subsequent trips we opted for vegetarian to avoid non-kosher meat and byproducts. Much more enjoyable! ( Of course that wouldn't meet everyone's kosher standards...but it works for us.)

ETA- I peruse the vegetarian thread pinned to the restaurant forum for current info. I have also found that servers are more than happy to ask questions in the kitchen if we are unsure about something.

From what I’ve read all kosher meals are entirely different from the normal menu, and are brought in separately. It’s the same for “aycte” meals, which aren’t all you care to eat with kosher meals.

Since they are cool with vegetarian meals, IMO that’s going to be a lot easier.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter