Experiences with MFSR SR line

disneylover102

DIS Veteran
How is the SR line for MFSR especially with longer wait times? I know it works great at Disneyland- the day after ROTR opened the line for MFSR was 50 or 60 minutes (which is a lot at Disneyland for that ride) and I waited about 10 minutes in the SR line. But it looks like the waits at DHS are at least a little longer so how is the SR line? I’m wondering how much I should prioritize this over other rides such as SDD or MMRR or even TOT or RNR.

There's no set wait time since it depends on the configuration of standby people, but good rule of thumb if the line is all the way at the bottom of the status or further back it'll be about 15 min or more

There's no set wait time since it depends on the configuration of standby people, but good rule of thumb if the line is all the way at the bottom of the status or further back it'll be about 15 min or more
And to add to this, look at both sets of stairs. There have been times one side was at the bottom of the stairs and the other side was significantly shorter. Most of my rides have been single rider, usually 10-20 minutes of waiting.

How is the SR line for MFSR especially with longer wait times? I know it works great at Disneyland- the day after ROTR opened the line for MFSR was 50 or 60 minutes (which is a lot at Disneyland for that ride) and I waited about 10 minutes in the SR line. But it looks like the waits at DHS are at least a little longer so how is the SR line? I’m wondering how much I should prioritize this over other rides such as SDD or MMRR or even TOT or RNR.
Standby by was 195 min and SR was maybe 25. I did it twice back to back bc of how short it was

If my wife and both do SR, what are the chances we'll ride/be seated together. Also wondering if it really matters if we don't necessarily experience the ride together. I've been deliberately avoiding knowing anything about the ride, so that may be a super basic question.

If my wife and both do SR, what are the chances we'll ride/be seated together. Also wondering if it really matters if we don't necessarily experience the ride together. I've been deliberately avoiding knowing anything about the ride, so that may be a super basic question.

Chances aren’t good as there’s usually a party of two, but it does happen on occasion. Your first ride you should def go through standby. The queue is part of the story and I’ll leave it at that so I don’t spoil it. Single rider skips to the last part before boarding.

We waited standby and rode with a couple who were both from the single rider line.

The 2 members of our group who did single rider twice were together once, separated the next time. Really just depends on the size of the groups they’re filling in. Might happen, might not.

Chances aren’t good as there’s usually a party of two, but it does happen on occasion. Your first ride you should def go through standby. The queue is part of the story and I’ll leave it at that so I don’t spoil it. Single rider skips to the last part before boarding.
Ah, good point on the queue. Love the story elements!

I agree that you should do standby your first time. The first time I did it at Disneyland my jaw was dropped the entire 40 minute wait. In the SR line, you skip the wait which is great but you also miss the amazing theming.

I rode MFSR on Dec. 18 using the single rider line, and it was 45+ minutes of standing in a stairwell. I’m guessing that’s not the typical experience, but that was mine. Still worth the wait, though.

Can someone please describe where the single rider line is when coming in with the masses first thing in the morning?

Can someone please describe where the single rider line is when coming in with the masses first thing in the morning?
To the left of the entrance. So in the entrance the right side Is standby, middle is fp and left is sr. Keep in mind sr line may or may not be open first thing

To the left of the entrance. So in the entrance the right side Is standby, middle is fp and left is sr. Keep in mind sr line may or may not be open first thing
Thank you. This helps. And I guess I should have considered that it might not be open first thing, but that's ok. Thanks for the reminder. I'm sure there's enough to see in SWGE that I can wander around and come back. It'll be a holiday weekend when I'm there, so maybe that'll make a difference.

Thank you. This helps. And I guess I should have considered that it might not be open first thing, but that's ok. Thanks for the reminder. I'm sure there's enough to see in SWGE that I can wander around and come back. It'll be a holiday weekend when I'm there, so maybe that'll make a difference.
I just asked my DD that works the attraction and she confirms the sr line is not open first thing. But should open within the first hour

Interesting that SR line at HS isn’t open first thing. When I went to Disneyland opening day of ROTR, I was in SWGE standing around at 8 to secure a BG and a ton of people were lined up at MFSR since they hadn’t opened standby yet but I went in the SR line which was already open and they let me on before all the standby people. I was the only person in my flight crew and I was a pilot. It was the best 😂😂😂

I just asked my DD that works the attraction and she confirms the sr line is not open first thing. But should open within the first hour
Thank you so much! I very much appreciate the info! It'll all depend on how far up I end up at opening whether I try for stand by or single rider. I know I should ride stand by my first time, but I've also been reading about how long the stand by wait gets at rope drop too. So many new changes to the parks since I was there last summer!

We did standby once and SR 3 times. We rode together once on SR. As for the theming in the standby line, I'm sure it was good but I cant really remember anything special about it. But I'm not a super Star Wars fan either. If you're really into Star Wars you'll probably want to do standby. I can't believe how many people (I mean 30 and older men) that are really into Star Wars to the point of wearing costumes and buying light sabres for $200 one of them told me.
The other thing I don't understand is lining up 3 hours to ride a theme park ride. I did it for an hour and thought it was a waste of time, the ride is good but I cant think of anything I would line up for 3 hours to do.

If you’re a big Star Wars fan like me you should do standby. The standby line is VERY impressive and I won’t spoil too much but the Millennium Falcon is SO accurate and my jaw was dropped basically the entire 40 minute wait when I went at Disneyland (I understand it’s exactly the same at WDW).

Thank you so much! I very much appreciate the info! It'll all depend on how far up I end up at opening whether I try for stand by or single rider. I know I should ride stand by my first time, but I've also been reading about how long the stand by wait gets at rope drop too. So many new changes to the parks since I was there last summer!

I highly recommend doing standby the first time. Single rider skips right to the last room before boarding; you don’t even see the preshow, which really is a part of the experience. If you’re far back in line, just ride later. Wait times are always highest first thing in the morning, unless you’re at the front of the crowd.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter