• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Experiences with Orbitz?

Snurk71

DIS Veteran
I tried doing a search on past threads on Orbitz, but the search option doesn't seem to be working. Can you please share your experiences (good or bad) with purchasing airfare through Orbitz?

Thanks!

Mine was favorable, very time consuming, but I'd use them again. It was tickets thru American and I'd go thru the whole process to only learn my flights were 'not available'. I even tried to call and buy the tickets thru American, but the same flights were $125 more pp than Orbitz. With that note I pursued and bought from Orbitz! I'm sure everyone has had a different experience. Good luck, they have some great deals!!

We used them for the first time for our May trip in January. We found the best prices there and even on the web sites of the airlines themselves, I could not find comparable prices. They waived the service fee for being first time user, also.

The only problem we had was they don't book more than 4 people at one time. We had five in my family, so I booked four first on the flight we wanted, then immediately went and booked the last ticket separately. When I went to submit the purchase, it popped up that that flight was not available any longer. Well, to say the least, I almost died with that! I called the 1-800 number to see how they could rectify the problem such as a refund on the four already purchased tickets. They said they would, but they also gave it one more try to get one ticket on that flight. They were lucky and I got my fifth ticket purchased with their help.

I called United that afternoon and all of us were on their manafest and they put all our seats together with no problems.

They send e-mails right before the trip to remind you of the trip and also gave us reminders of small changes on the flights.

I would do it again if I found a great deal that I could not pass up on.

I have used Orbitz 2 times and everything has gone smoothly.
No problems!

I used Orbitz many times before they started charging a fee, and there were never any problems. A couple of times I wanted to make changes (seat assignments), and I just called the airlines directly and they took care of it. The only reason I stopped using Orbitz was because of the fee. Now I use them as a search engine and buy the tickets on the airline's own website...the price has always been the same.
Barb
Visit the Platinum Castaway Club at: www.castawayclub.com

I book a lot of business travel at work and have used Orbitz several times booking tickets (mostly e-tickets) for one of my business travellers. He has also used it several times with no problems for personal tickets.

Since they started charging the fee, I haven't booked with them as much because I can usually find the same flight pairs for the same price (without the fee) on Expedia which is where I'm booking most of my traveller's flights through these days. But if i found a good deal through Orbitz that I couldn't find elsewhere I wouldn't hesitate to book through them (personally or for business). They are a business venture organized by several of the major airlines so they have reputable companies behind them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter