Experts weigh in please. Buying OKW Direct. Selling SSR

Thanks @Dean. Perhaps you can pm me to teach me how to leverage the points so I don’t lose out. We have 660 AK and 200 SSR. This coming year I have several reservations to make. Just made AK for December/January (1 be). Looking for a GV at OKW for June (five nights). Will probably book the AK GV at 11m just in case. Six nights in October (Ak or OKW 1br). A few one night OKW stays in a studio. It will be a year of juggling points, borrowing, changing at the 7 m mark as far as I can see. Maybe I’m missing something.
I tried but your profile is set such that I can't. you can email me at deandal@pobox.com if you want.

Hard to justify the expense of closing, cost per point differential, etc. just to have the 11 month window at OKW to book a GV that may or may not be available. IF you must, buy a small resale contract. Another option is to rent/get an OKW owner to make reservation you need and then rent your SSR points out. I own at OKW and love the resort, but I like some of the other posters, am just to cheap to do a wholesale exchange like you are considering.

Yes I have. Factoring that all in I still think it will cost me about $10 000. I get three more years of use though and I get what I want. There are two resale contracts that would make up my two hundred points. But different use Year from what I have now. That transaction would have me putting out about $5000 in the end.

If you're willing to spend $10,000 to swap your SSR to direct OKW, you could consider keeping the SSR, and buying 100pt OKW resale (should cost you less than $10k).

This way you end up with 100 more points. You could use the OKW points for June, and continue to book lower demand times using your SSR points.

Lots of good suggestions here on what could be done. And I don't see any reason to consider getting the OKW points Direct, in a case like this. Yes, you CAN buy OKW Extended contracts on the resale market. People have done analyses multiple times that show the Extended contracts to only cost a bit more than the 2042 contracts. And you could certainly get those extended points for much less than you would pay Direct.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts