Exploring shoes for Youth Boys?

No joke! I'm guessing you don't have tween or teen boys. I have 2 teen boys and sticky feet with or without socks is a big thing. I'm with Thing 1 on this one!

Foot powder-my dh and youngest dd have the stinkiest feet. I got my dh foot powder (dr. scholls or something like that) and he thought I was crazy but I was tired of him putting his feet up on the couch and me smelling them. He would tell me I was crazy but I think he knew. Then the magic of foot powder and now his feet can be near me. My youngest dd now she has rancid feet. She is not as religious with the foot powder due to pure laziness, she is 12. I can tell when she forgets. GAG! She stinks out the car.

----

OP, my 14 yo son would rather wear sneakers and socks. I finally caved and let him bring them to FL when we go every April but to the beach he has to wear flip flops, when we go out anywhere else he can wear the sneakers and socks.

But for Disney I told him absolutely no sneakers and socks in the parks. He is the kid who likes to get wet, not wet, drenched. I don't want blisters to form on his feet from wet shoes/socks so we found a pair of Merrells that can get wet and those are his park shoes.

Breathable sneakers and sweat wicking socks are probably the best option, outside of rainstorms and water rides. I’ve never found that to be too hot. I don’t like wearing other shoes for long distances because I blister easily.

We just got back and my 14 year old had sneakers and Tevas with him, but only wore the sneakers. He’s just more comfortable in those and that’s not a battle I’m going to fight! I wore my tevas one day but they rubbed the bottom of my feet so I went back to sneakers. I mean it was so hot and humid,I don’t I think the shoes really mattered at that point. I’d say just let him wear what he’s used to.

Bumping this - I'm looking for shoes for my 6 year old. My 3 year old will have some teva like sandals from payless but he'll be in a stroller, so I'm not as worried about him. We're going in august, so I'd like them to have some shoes they can wear in the splash areas if it gets too hot. We'll be bringing his normal sneakers, but they're nike indoor soccer shoes (similar to sambas) and I don't think they'll deal with getting we terribly well.

I had ordered him some of these: https://www.striderite.com/en/made2play-phibian/ but despite the reviews they came in rather huge, and I thought the fabric extended throughout the shoe - it's just around the ankle and the tongue of the shoe.

I'd like to get something now so we have time to break it in and make sure it's comfortable. He'd like something 'cool' looking as well.

(also I need to get shoes for myself... kinda thinking another pair of teva's for myself as well)

Bumping this - I'm looking for shoes for my 6 year old. My 3 year old will have some teva like sandals from payless but he'll be in a stroller, so I'm not as worried about him. We're going in august, so I'd like them to have some shoes they can wear in the splash areas if it gets too hot. We'll be bringing his normal sneakers, but they're nike indoor soccer shoes (similar to sambas) and I don't think they'll deal with getting we terribly well.

I had ordered him some of these: https://www.striderite.com/en/made2play-phibian/ but despite the reviews they came in rather huge, and I thought the fabric extended throughout the shoe - it's just around the ankle and the tongue of the shoe.

I'd like to get something now so we have time to break it in and make sure it's comfortable. He'd like something 'cool' looking as well.

(also I need to get shoes for myself... kinda thinking another pair of teva's for myself as well)

For footwear dedicated to water areas I buy flip flops, the cheaper, the better.
Lose 'em? I don't care.
Broken before the summer ends? I also don't care.
Let's see...you were crabbing in the marsh and one floated away? Welllll that's not a complete loss (see you still have one) but puhleese next time don't play in the marsh whilst wearing your p.j.s.; had a heck of a time getting them clean.

One 3 week camping trip my grandnephew broke, lost both, and half of his flip flops 3 times (one pair a week, LOL). Thank goodness for Walmart's,TJ Maxx and Ocean State Odd Lot. Never paid more than 5 bucks for a pair and I prefer to find them on sale 2 for $5.00.

I'll pay good money for longer wear shoes that offer support and are made of breathable material (feet have more sweat glands than most any other part of your body) but for water shoes that are worn for a limited time I go for the old fashioned flip flops and call it a day. Nice that they are lightweight and easy to carry too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts