Exposing unerupted tooth and attaching a brace

My DS had this done when he was 15. I was worried he'd have a hard time because he has sensory issues, but he did just fine, no problems at all. It helped that the oral surgeon was fantastic and very kind and reassuring.
How long did he wear the braces?

How long did he wear the braces?

I'm trying to remember the exact sequence of how this all worked, I may be getting some details wrong, but he already had braces on at the time he had the oral surgery done. They had not put any bracket around that back tooth inititally because it hadn't fully erupted when they applied the braces. So if I remember correctly, he was nearing the end of his treatment with braces, and the ortho told us he just had to have something done about that tooth before he could get his other braces off, or it would cause everything to shift. It seems like after he had the procedure, they bracketed that tooth, and then maybe it was just a couple of months to pull it into alignment? Then he got all the braces off, and has had no other issues, his teeth look beautiful now

I'm trying to remember the exact sequence of how this all worked, I may be getting some details wrong, but he already had braces on at the time he had the oral surgery done. They had not put any bracket around that back tooth inititally because it hadn't fully erupted when they applied the braces. So if I remember correctly, he was nearing the end of his treatment with braces, and the ortho told us he just had to have something done about that tooth before he could get his other braces off, or it would cause everything to shift. It seems like after he had the procedure, they bracketed that tooth, and then maybe it was just a couple of months to pull it into alignment? Then he got all the braces off, and has had no other issues, his teeth look beautiful now
Thank you for your reply. Reading that I'm not alone here really helps. Tomorrow is his surgery and then braces two weeks later. Praying all goes well.

Thank you for your reply. Reading that I'm not alone here really helps. Tomorrow is his surgery and then braces two weeks later. Praying all goes well.

I'll say a prayer for him too. I'm sure it will all go very smoothly!

My DD12 had this exact surgery done one week ago and she's had no problems. Just minor pain for a couple of days.

Did she already have braces or is that pending?

No braces yet. Her 12 yr molars need to come in first.

So they haven't fitted a bracket on the exposed canine yet - they want to see if it will correct itself on its own first.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter