Express Pass Discounts

ExpeditionEvanist

Earning My Ears
Hello everyone!

Sorry for this post, as I am sure it has been asked many times in some form or fashion over the years. Heading to Orlando in early January and our EP selection would be $20 more than the price of the ticket for that day (EP=$202). Just wondering if anyone had any experience finding discounted EP's or tips/tricks in saving some money. Thanks in advance!

Yes I did check that out. Great option but we would rather stay at our Disney resort than have to split stay. Thank you for the response!

Yes I did check that out. Great option but we would rather stay at our Disney resort than have to split stay. Thank you for the response!
I know that it sounds illogical but sometimes I make a UOR room reservation for one night alongside a WDW room reservation (so two hotels booked for the same night) because the wasted reservation is still cheaper than buying stand alone Express Passes.

Hello everyone!

Sorry for this post, as I am sure it has been asked many times in some form or fashion over the years. Heading to Orlando in early January and our EP selection would be $20 more than the price of the ticket for that day (EP=$202). Just wondering if anyone had any experience finding discounted EP's or tips/tricks in saving some money. Thanks in advance!

Depending on ur flexibility there are some discounts u can get very easily. Universal has an Express calendar that shows the different prices for different days. They also offer different levels of express pass u can choose from, they offer the unlimited pass that allows u to ride all the rides as many times as u like, they offer a cheaper pass that allows u to ride all the rides 1 time only in Express line, they also offer a "after 4pm" pass that is only like half the price and is good from 4pm to closing. Plus, sometimes they have specials going on rite there at the security check point where u can possibly sign up for something and get free express passes, this is what I did my last trip and got 4 free passes. Good luck

Last edited:
I know that it sounds illogical but sometimes I make a UOR room reservation for one night alongside a WDW room reservation (so two hotels booked for the same night) because the wasted reservation is still cheaper than buying stand alone Express Passes.

Yep. When you have four people and going for two days it makes more sense to book a room at on of the three that give express passes. It paid $500 for a nignt after Xmas to get express passes for four people for two days. Even if it’s just four people for one day it makes sense.

If the dates are set than you can’t do much. As EP price is based on how low, or high the crowds are, as well as based off whether getting regular EP, or unlimited, as well as based on just one park, or two. There’s no other places, or other means to get discounted EP tickets.

I do not know how many people are in your party, or how pricey the rooms are, but as others suggested if you do not want to stay there, you can do a throw away room if it’s less than what it would be total for everyone in your party. Check in and check out day are both included for unlimited EP. So, even if you book one night two days are included. Also, if you really don’t want to spend the night at minimum you can go back during the day if you want to relax, or anything as well.

Depending on ur flexibility there are some discounts u can get very easily. Universal has an Express calendar that shows the different prices for different days. They also offer different levels of express pass u can choose from, they offer the unlimited pass that allows u to ride all the rides as many times as u like, they offer a cheaper pass that allows u to ride all the rides 1 time only in Express line, they also offer a "after 4pm" pass that is only like half the price and is good from 4pm to closing. Plus, sometimes they have specials going on rite there at the security check point where u can possibly sign up for something and get free express passes, this is what I did my last trip and got 4 free passes. Good luck

Great info! I will be on the look when we get there. Thank you!

Have you looked at the price of a one night stay at one of the UOR hotels that includes EPs?

Wait you can do that? I just looked and the hotel room total is less than 3 express passes.

Can I book a room for 3 people, and they will give me 3 express passes?

When do you actually get them cause I really don't even care about staying in the hotel. Just want the passes lol

Lets say I wanted to hit a park Dec 19th, do I book the room for Dec 19th to get the passes?

Wait you can do that? I just looked and the hotel room total is less than 3 express passes.

Can I book a room for 3 people, and they will give me 3 express passes?

When do you actually get them cause I really don't even care about staying in the hotel. Just want the passes lol

Lets say I wanted to hit a park Dec 19th, do I book the room for Dec 19th to get the passes?
Yes! One night at the top three UOR hotels, such as HRH will get you 2 days ( check in and check out day) of EPs for everyone in the room. Some rooms sleep 4 maybe 5 guests.
You can collect the EPs from the booked hotel from 6am on your check in day and they are valid until the parks close on your check out day. The hotel will give you room keys for everyone on the reservation (temporary ones if you check in early, as your room won’t be ready) and you use those as your EPs.
So if you want to visit the parks on 19 December, you could book the evening of 18 or 19th. Resort guests also get early entry to one park and even if you choose not to sleep in the room, you can use it for a quick shower or afternoon break.
Just make sure that you book one of the qualifying hotels. I usually book direct with Loewes.
Have fun.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!