Express pass early

Spintopbeach

Mouseketeer
i am coming back this summer to Rph and very excited of course. I noticed they built cabana bay (I think a second building was added too) and sapphire falls which also get early entry. Is there such a thing as early entry overload? As far as I can tell, more and more people are added, but they haven't added more hours. Can anyone tell me if they've ever had bad experiences at early entry from the crowds.

Hi I was there in 2015 when Cabana Bay opened and really didn't see that much of a change from the year before it was opened. There was a small change in crowds. I don't know how SF is affecting it but I have not heard any problems about that happening. There is talk that when The Advenutra opens up in 2018 now your pushing 6 hotels with EE. I think it is gong to start getting over crowded. I agree however, as someone as suggested if they would open more of the park and not just HP world that would help a lot. I will be at Cabana Bay the end of July and will have to really pay attention from last visit.

I haven't noticed an issue, we were there Memorial Day weekend and last July. I think most people aren't willing to get up early for early entry. Look at how many hotels Disney has, and they all get extra hours when offered, and they are almost always only at 1 park. It's still way better to get there early than to not.

We were there in summer 2014 when both parks had EE each morning in the summer. That was super easy. Then in Aug. 2016, only one park was available, and now there was CB and SF. The initial queue got to be quite long. We were always within the first five families anyway. I figure if you got there at the back of the ropedrop crowd, it took 15 minutes to get through. Once in the park, there was still no problem.

As soniam said, most people want to sleep in. The factors affecting this are 1) many onsite have the express pass, so do not need to wake early and 2) only one park (in our case IOA) was the EE park for the entire 10 days we stayed there. Just no reason to ropedrop the HP area over and over again for EE.

Like soniam said seems at Universal not many take advantage of early entry. And with Volcano Bay now having early entry that gives another option for some guests.

I'll be an opposing voice And say we've found early entry to be more crowded than previously and the waits at HP were longer than expected. That said we try to do one early entry now and then we don't bother the rest of the stay. With EP we feel we get enough go without doing EE every day (even though 2 hp rides don't use EP)

For my fall stay onsite, I will do EE only once
The other 13 days I sleep in

Short stays do EE and don't see it very crowded usually for the first 30 minutes of it

Have seen more in the park about 8:45

Not enough rides open for me to give up sleep
And the unlimited ep helps if line rides are long

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter