Extended Hours - July?

Joe Arkansas

Mouseketeer
Has anyone heard/seen anything regarding extended hours for July? Today was the day I had circled on my calendar for potential news (second Friday of the month). What time of day does new information of this nature typically drop?

BTW, just looking at the current hours, I’m somewhat skeptical there will be many material changes. Maybe some, but maybe not a ton.

The only day I'm keeping an eye on is July 8, for MK (currently 9 am to 10 pm).

Well, an 8 am open on our AK day would also change our plans (July 7), but that doesn't seem likely to happen).

Our other 3 days are:
EP: hours hardly ever change
HS: EMM in the morning, and leaving after F! anyway (or maybe stick around to see the 2nd half of star wars from the back of the crowd).
MK: July 3 is already 8 am to 2 am including EMH (so that won't change)

The only day I'm keeping an eye on is July 8, for MK (currently 9 am to 10 pm).

Well, an 8 am open on our AK day would also change our plans (July 7), but that doesn't seem likely to happen).

Our other 3 days are:
EP: hours hardly ever change
HS: EMM in the morning, and leaving after F! anyway (or maybe stick around to see the 2nd half of star wars from the back of the crowd).
MK: July 3 is already 8 am to 2 am including EMH (so that won't change)

They extended through 7/6 last month, so those days won't change again.

They extended through 7/6 last month, so those days won't change again.
Yep, that's when the MK hours went to 8 am to 2am (with emh).

So, if they don't change any hours for the rest of July, will there be any way to tell the difference between no changes vs. haven't done the update yet?

Looks like the added an hour to park closing on 7/24 and EMHs are now 11-1.
Yay, I see that now! Thanks. That is great news, because I know the EMH clears out more if it goes until 1:00, and we are night owls. Looks like we'll be closing out MK at 1am two nights in a row (VAH 7/25). Awesome.

I bet that’s it. Pretty light update. Also pretty consistent with the lower summer crowds / fewer park hours trend the last few years, it seems.

Not a single close for MK past 10:00 pm (not counting the one evening EMH) during our stay. Pretty hard to believe even with light summer crowds. I'm also not used to AK closing at 9:00. It's not even dark enough for Pandora at that time.

Oh well. We're open to close troopers so we'll be plenty exhausted anyway. Still...

Not a single close for MK past 10:00 pm (not counting the one evening EMH) during our stay. Pretty hard to believe even with light summer crowds. I'm also not used to AK closing at 9:00. It's not even dark enough for Pandora at that time.

Oh well. We're open to close troopers so we'll be plenty exhausted anyway. Still...

Yeah, the hours trend the last year or so hasn't been great.

FYI, DAK did add a bunch of 10pm closings in July. Still some 9pm though.

Disappointing there aren't some more 11:00 closes for MK. In June there are quite a few days that they had extended it till 11 but I guess July isn't going to be as lucky. I'd really love HS to stay open at least until 10! 9 is so early to close. But I knew that never happens but based on June thought at least MK would have quite a few days closing at 11 but nope

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter