exterior colors

I think the colors of the house are fine, and that probably wouldn't be where I'd focus my time and money.

I would change out the door on the front, fix the downspout, maybe put modern blinds in the windows (horizontal, not vertical), remove the grill and do some landscaping. If you owned the house, I'd say add some flower pots to the front steps and window boxes, but with a rental you don't know if the renter would keep those up. But they would certainly look really nice here.

Oh, and especially because it's a rental, I would probably add some handrails for safety.

I think a touch of carefree landscaping in the front would go a long way -- slow growing shrubbery, hostas. Clean up the edging of the lawn, especially along the front walkway.

We recently got new siding on our house and went with navy and I love it (and started a trend in our town lol!), especially with white trim, it's very attractive IMO.

Honestly, I would paint the trim a bright white and the house a shade or two darker...that is what I want to do.

1. Add shutters
2. Put a stone base around the two columns on the front porch.
3. Remove that storm door
4. Add a pop of color by painting the front door eggplant, blue, etc.

1. Add shutters
2. Put a stone base around the two columns on the front porch.
3. Remove that storm door
4. Add a pop of color by painting the front door eggplant, blue, etc.

#2 is exactly what I've been trying to figure out without success. Somehow my PhD in HGTV failed me. The overhang seems out of scale to the house and the columns seem out of place. Boxing the bottom of the columns in and covering with faux stone will pull the look together.

A nice jewel tone on the front door with muted trim colors suits the home as well.

We just purchased an investment property. This one will be a rental. The siding is a light gray and is in good shape. But the trim colors are drab. What would you do to improve the curb appeal of this home?

ISat8vjfvxq68e1000000000.jpg

Here are some not too expensive fixes.
1. I would put rails on he porch and down he stairs. Don't use the metal ones. This one calls for wood.
2. Storm door should match the trim, not be black. You can do this yourself.
3. I would put landscaping in front of most of that block.
4. Of course the landscaping brings up a potential water issue. You will have to take care to make sure of proper slopes for drainage. In your picture, it looks like your main roof drains to the porch roof and then your down spouts are right there from your porch roof. Is this just emptying right there or is there an underground pipe that is unseen in the picture? If you don't have piping to get the water away you're probably going to need it to move water out under your landscaping.
5. It looks like your gutters need some work anyway. So I'd probably think about going ahead and installing new ones.

Make the front windows symmetrical! The one on the left is dreadful, and looks like it needs to be replaced anyways? Then you cand do shutters to add some curb appeal, but I'd pick a smoky green over navy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!