Extra 3 Hours

chrisd596

DIS Veteran
How does the Extra Hours after the park offical closes work? Do you use your room keys? Do they issue some sort of wrist bands? What about little children if they don't have a room key?

Thanks
Chris

You got it. The problem is the lines are usually very long to get the wristbands. They give them to everyone if your party. All family members must be in line. There are usually a few locations where they distribute. It seems that the entrance of the park has the longest lines since many hope from other parks to the one that has the extra magic hours. Since it is usually the only park open at the time and with very limited attractions open there are waits for everything. :confused3

Good luck!

I like the early openings much better. My family doesn't want to have to stand in line in order to get a wristband so that they can stand in line to ride crowded rides. Where's the extra magic in that?

I love the extra 3hours.

Epcot, Studio and AK - were just great - wonderful!!!!

MK - well you still have people with children here. When the kids are up w-a-y past their bedtime. So they are crying.

some parents need to rethink what they are doing. If the child is crying hey time for one parent (at least) to leave with the crying child. Especially if the child is crying because they are tired.

if they are just having a fit that is different.

The half-dozen times we have done the EMH nights we've always seen groups of CMs standing around waiting for guests. No line waiting for us. :confused3

They have multiple claim areas at each park, and they start handing out the wristbands several hours before the park closes.

Since it is usually the only park open at the time and with very limited attractions open there are waits for everything.

I don't find the list of attractions limited at all. There are more attractions open than closed. In fact, the Magic Kingdom just added more attractions to its EMH list.

I forgot one exception that I would even make for a little one.

Dumbo - you still have a line - but at least the temperature is awhole lot colder than in the day time.

this thing ALWAYS has a line. but the early morning and late evening hours will give your child a better chance of doing it.

when it was E-night Dumbo was not offer - be happy (if you have children in that age group) that it is now offer for late night magic hours.

They still do both, but most days it's either an early morning OR a late night at one of the four theme parks.

Here's the base schedule:

Monday: Epcot AM
Tuesday: MGM AM, AK PM
Wednesday: MK PM
Thursday: Epcot PM
Friday: MK AM
Saturday: AK AM
Sunday: MGM PM

Tuesday is the only day with both early and late hours.

This schedule is subject to change to accommodate special events and holidays. Since the EHM change occurred around the first of the year, this has been the schedule about 80+ percent of the time.

chrisd596 said:
How does the Extra Hours after the park offical closes work? Do you use your room keys? Do they issue some sort of wrist bands? What about little children if they don't have a room key?

Thanks
Chris

Everyone 3 or older is issued a room key with their name on it. You usually have to show all the keys for everyone to get a wristband.

I have not had problems with lines getting the wrist bands but at MK and for the few rides at Epcot the lines were horrible....

and at Epcot they didn't make me show the kids room keys just mine...

chrisd596 said:

Thanks
Chris

As already mentioned, you need your room key in order to get a wrist band. We took advantage of the after hours several times. My only comment is use insect repellent. Some of the parks were "buggy" when we were there in June. Annmarie

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter