Extra Fastpasses for club level guests?????

if your logic rang true then shouldn't we not be allowed to book at the 60 day window and everyone should be booking at the 30 day window to make it fair? Since you, me, and everyone else staying at a Disney resort get the 60 day booking window aren't we in turn gobbling all the fast passes up from everyone else? Disney has always been about benefits and extras depending on where you stay, how much you pay, heck the more tickets you buy the cheaper the ticket becomes. I agree with your statement that it's about what works for everyone which is why Disney has created these types of luxuries, or the types of rooms like the 2 bedroom villa in Grand Floridian, because to be fair what works for you may not work for me. That's the beauty of Disney!!! no matter what type of room you stay in, how many fast passes you have, club level, vip tours, value resorts, florida residents who just walk in on a Saturday afternoon, Disney's appeal is its the happiest and most magical place on earth and hopefully people experience that when they come.... no matter what they pay for or don't pay for

The difference is that the 60 day people get to get one special fastpass per day. They are still paying for multiple days in order to get on all the rides that they want, and are only taking one place in line ahead of others.
With this change, people will be able to take six places in line ahead of others on the good rides.
If I want to ride FOP and 7DMT, I make one reservation on two separate days, leaving the other reservation open for someone else. This system will allow people to take both reservations on both days.

It's like a white elephant Christmas exchange party. People are allowed one steal, and things are fun, sometimes frustrating, but generally fair. If you allow one person to have six steals, it makes the whole system no fun for anyone but the person getting all the best presents.

I mentioned this in another thread, but on the subject of VIP tours... depending on how this is implemented, it will keep me from ever doing a VIP tour again. A VIP tour can run $4200 for 7 hours (pricing is seasonal, but I am sure this new CL offering will be much more popular in the busier months).

In my experience, you are lucky to do more than 20 rides on a 7 hour VIP tour (it varies), so let's call that the maximum. You could get 21 extra FPs (per person) over 7 days with this new CL add-on. So that is $350/person for the 21 FPs. (And you also get 7-days of nighttime VIP seating!) No matter what, the 3 FPs a day are more cost effective. And personally, I would prefer the ability to use the FPs as I want and not be in the parks 7 consecutive hours.

If there wasn't the extra charge, this would make club level tempting. Should be included with staying club level for the insane prices, just me???

If there wasn't the extra charge, this would make club level tempting. Should be included with staying club level for the insane prices, just me???

This being a test, they want to see how appealing it is to people first. First check is to include all pieces of it and offer them up for a set price, then survey people to see what parts of it they liked the most. At the same time, they can check the occupancy rates for club level. If all looks good, they can raise the rate for club level rooms.

I guess I would just cancel a trip if I found no FPs available for things I most want to do. I know I wouldn't book CL just for FPs.

I guess I would just cancel a trip if I found no FPs available for things I most want to do. I know I wouldn't book CL just for FPs.

This is why I think it will remain small scale and not implemented across the resort. More guests in the parks is more important than $50 a day from some guests.
With that said, I doubt a few CL guests will keep you from being able to get a FOP FP.

This being a test, they want to see how appealing it is to people first. First check is to include all pieces of it and offer them up for a set price, then survey people to see what parts of it they liked the most. At the same time, they can check the occupancy rates for club level. If all looks good, they can raise the rate for club level rooms.
I hear you, and understand completely. But, what i'm saying is... with how expensive club level rooms are we find ourselves thinking some perk should come with it (i.e. the fast passes...) but having an additional up charge just seems redundant for us at least. Had they included it with the price of club level, it would have made it more appealing and be more realistic, IMO.

I hear you, and understand completely. But, what i'm saying is... with how expensive club level rooms are we find ourselves thinking some perk should come with it (i.e. the fast passes...) but having an additional up charge just seems redundant for us at least. Had they included it with the price of club level, it would have made it more appealing and be more realistic, IMO.

I am willing to bet they are headed that way before next holiday season booking time. This seems like a perk that will stick. The reviews I have read of CL rooms have been sort of "eh, they're ok". If Disney wants to make some real money off of them, they need to come up with some real good perks. I see this as being one.

They are. That poster got the math wrong.:teacher:
Actually its not. There’s the private VIP which is the minimum seven hours at $400 etc, then there have been other tours that are VIP with a set experience and different price point. Give the poster the benefit of the doubt since they didn’t state it as private VIP for that price.

Ultimate Nights of Adventure VIP Tour $299

Ultimate Disney Classics VIP Tour $199

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/events-tours/ultimate-classics-tour/

Actually its not. There’s the private VIP which is the minimum seven hours at $400 etc, then there have been other tours that are VIP with a set experience and different price point. Give the poster the benefit of the doubt since they didn’t state it as private VIP for that price.

Ultimate Nights of Adventure VIP Tour $299

Ultimate Disney Classics VIP Tour $199

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/events-tours/ultimate-classics-tour/

The way she described the VIP tours didn't seem to indicate that she was referring to the ones you mentioned. I can and will comment as I wish.

I mentioned this in another thread, but on the subject of VIP tours... depending on how this is implemented, it will keep me from ever doing a VIP tour again. A VIP tour can run $4200 for 7 hours (pricing is seasonal, but I am sure this new CL offering will be much more popular in the busier months).

In my experience, you are lucky to do more than 20 rides on a 7 hour VIP tour (it varies), so let's call that the maximum. You could get 21 extra FPs (per person) over 7 days with this new CL add-on. So that is $350/person for the 21 FPs. (And you also get 7-days of nighttime VIP seating!) No matter what, the 3 FPs a day are more cost effective. And personally, I would prefer the ability to use the FPs as I want and not be in the parks 7 consecutive hours.
We did so much when we did the private VIP. We did all four parks and all the headliners, many more than once and some more than twice. Now we were hurting the next day, but it was all kinds of awesome.

What I don’t like about this new thing (that’s yet to be fully known) is it the time commitment it would require to be in the parks to maximize it. We’re not daily commandos and I value my resort time. As with everything, YMMV.

So I will admit I have just skimmed the thread.

According to the phone CM I spoke to this evening (so take it with a grain of salt) these FPs will still have to be booked with an hour window. So 9 am to 10, 10 to 11, 11 to 12 and so in and so forth. So you wont be grabbing a forth 10 minuets from now. With that said this set up could be ideal for a young family like mine who tours for a few hours, returns to the resorts for naps and hops to a second one for dinner. I could set up 4 in the morning in MK, then return to rest, and hop to HS with both Toy Story Land rides and Fantasmic in the evening around a QS dinner. All without any dining reservations or desert parties. The no tiers thing makes it interesting.

OK so here is information I got after getting off the phone with DSS....

After being put a brief hold, they DSS Member, who sounded very uncertain, stated the following:

1) 3 fast passes (no tiers) 50pp per day
2)reserved viewing for nighttime shows (wouldn't tell me or didn't know where it will be just said that it will be roped off and cast members will assist me upon my arrival
3) everything has to be done thru DSS its not done on your MDE app and it has to be done on phone
4) does not have to be your whole stay!! min 3 days
5) could not book for me today!! told me it has to be done tomorrow on my 90th day because everything needs to be done at once, pay for experience, book fastpasses, select shows

anything I'm forgetting please ask or let me know and I can always call back but think I will becalling up tomorrow and booking

Also let’s say you book your Xtra fastpasses all in afternoon and you book your original 3 (at the 60 day window) in the morning.... once you use those threee you can book a fourth and so on ...... appears to completely separate

So I just booked this for 3 days of our 10 day stay. The signature service reps do the actual booking of the passes while you're on the phone so you probably want to have a pretty good idea of what you want to book before calling. It took about 20 minutes altogether (the rep did mention that it was the first one he had done) and I was able to get all the attractions I had wanted. The special viewing areas for the nighttime shows were in addition to the 3 fastpasses (so no need to use a fp+ for viewing areas.)

The additional passes appear on your fastpass+ list on MDE so I'm not certain if you can change them or if that would mess them up. There is no entry on the FP+ for the nighttime show special viewing areas but the rep mentioned that they add you to a list.

5) could not book for me today!! told me it has to be done tomorrow on my 90th day because everything needs to be done at once, pay for experience, book fastpasses, select shows

So if my stay is not until the end of July, there's no point calling until 90 days out?

Does anyone know if you have to stay CL for 3 nights in order to purchase this? That is, if I did a split stay with only 1 or 2 nights CL and other nights non-CL would I still be able to purchase the additional FP?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!