Extra FP+ received...but why???

Wubar

Stop asking about "worth". Totally subjective.
Hiromyhero and mesaboy2,

I just received an "extra fastpass" today while I was at DHS, of which I was notified via email and confirmed when I looked at MDE. Screenshot is shown below of the email. The thing is...there wasn't anything wrong with the fastpass...?? My family scanned our MBs at the FP+ line at BatB around 4:35pm for the show, the mickey head glowed green to show that all is well, and the show went on as planned, no problems that I was aware of. What's interesting is that I received this email around 7 pm, more than a couple hours after we used that FP+ . My family will be more than happy to use that bonus FP+ at MK tomorrow, and I know how glitchy the Disney IT systems can be, but was just wondering if either of you had ever seen anything like this before? It is actually okay to use for 7DMT but not RoL, which was also interesting...

As a side note, say I wanted to use the "bonus" FP+ on a ride that I had already had an FP+ for and I scanned my MB at the start of said FP+ window. Which FP+ would come off the system, the bonus one or the previously reserved one?

Thanks in advance to the both of you, your expertise and advice are both invaluable to us DISboard users!

Screenshot_2018-01-16-02-14-23.png

Last edited:
I don 't know why you'd have gotten this.

(Considering the explanation that was given.)

Last edited:
It would take the original FP as long as it is during that window. I can't speak to what would happen in the 'grace period' of 5 minutes before or 15 minutes after and believe it is better to not risk it. If it is a 7-8 FP and you use it at 7:15 I can say for certain it will take that one and the anytime will remain valid.

I had this happen where I did a ride right when my FP opened did the ride and then it when down and they sent me anytime FP. But this was a show? I would just take it and be happy with it.

OK about what if you want to use this on a ride you already have a FP for I am not 100% sure but I do use the Disability pass and sometimes have a DAS pass and FP for the same ride at the same time I do alone so there is no way for someone to scan before me, But I have been told it takes the FP that has the window first so it would take your FP if you were in your FP window( I believe even the grace time) BUt DIsney IT can be hit or miss, if you lose your anytime FP on a ride you already had a FP for you can Go to GR and talk to them most of the time they ahve been really good about putting it back on for me.

@Wubar ~ DHS may have downed the show before yours and the system sent out the notice but it was processed late/after the show came back up

Shows get downed for a variety of reasons and then restarted as quickly as possible. Even if a performer can’t continue for the next show, management tracks down another performer to fill the spot.

The FP system uses the pre-booked FP only when the FP is used within the specified window. Don’t be early or late or your Anytime will be used.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter