Extra gear to bring along for running trips?

I always bring a running first aid kit with me. Regular and blister band aids, gauze pads, non-cling tape, arnica gel and antibiotic ointment. A friend wiped out badly during a RD race at WDW once and she and her SO had a hard time finding supplies to treat her knees. I keep it all in a packing cube and check it before each race trip. I also put in other running gear- KT tape with scissors and cheap hand sanitizer for application, body glide, etc. A foot massager, stick massager, fuel, bib safety pins, waterproof phone case, earbuds, ice packs and extra running hats also come with me.

One quirk of mine is that I always want to have ID, a credit card, my med/allergy info card, insurance card, hotel key card, and a $20 with me, just in case. I bought one of the lanyard pouches and cut off the lanyard attachment. The cards and money go in the pouch and into the zipped pocket of my running skort. That way they're safe and don't get all sweaty and gross.

I have this electic massager thing that I bring along now.
hand warmers if it will be cold at all (like hunters use)
garbage bags, good for a quick poncho to stay dry before & grocery sacks to put over shoes to help keep them dry if it rains before starting.
Oh and newspapers to put in shoes after if it does rain.
mylars
throway clothes
lots of extra snacks and breakfast foods I know sit well for running, like protein bars
and like others all sorts of first aid stuff, bandaids, neosporin, alcohol wipes, etc.
Ace wraps, never know if something will get sprained, twisted or whatnot
sewing kit, in case outfit piece fall off in traveling.

In addition to my regular running gear I pack extra shoes, tossable clothing layers (if needed) and energy gels/fuel. I had a negative experience the last time I waited to purchase fuel at an expo (non-Disney expo I'd been to for several years, but for the first time there was none of my preferred fuel being sold anywhere in the building), so I will always try to travel with it if my carry-on can fit them. The extra shoes are in case of rain or to split up races/park walking between shoes. Oh! I also bring my Peppofoot cooling rub from Rinse Bath & Body.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!