Extra Guests for Part of Stay

jsmla

DIS Veteran
We have a site at FW booked 8/26-11/9. Both of our adult kids (+ spouses) would like to join us for a few days at different but perhaps overlapping times. We’re excited about having the family all together at WDW but I’m not sure how this would work.

How do I add them to the reservation? It would be four additional adults and a 21 month old. Would it have to be for the entire two weeks?

What is the charge/policy for more than two adults on a campsite?

If they all end up coming at the same time odds are good that DD and DSIL would book something off site but would still like to be on the FW reservation for EMH and Magic Bands. Is this a problem?

DS is thinking of bringing a tent just for extra sleeping space. Is this allowed? Our camper technically sleeps four adults but the hide-a-beds are too short for him.

Thanks!

So the campsites support up to 10 adults as far as how many people it will allow you to add. We’ve done that before with guests. The rate stays the same. The biggest thing would be any additional vehicles would be subject to parking fees (I believe).

Someone may correct me but I think they frown on having a regular sleeping tent on the same site with a camper but I’m thinking I’m wrong about that.

Thanks for the reply! The idea of paying for four extra adults for two weeks was the most worrying. If DS can’t pitch a tent he can sleep on the floor.

Is there a charge if they park in the lot up front? I’m guessing DS will drive (easier with all of the baby stuff) but DD will probably fly in.

Someone may correct me but I think they frown on having a regular sleeping tent on the same site with a camper but I’m thinking I’m wrong about that.
I believe you are allowed to have a tent along with an RV. We did that once quite a few years ago. My wife, daughter, son and I stayed in the camper and my oldest son, his girlfriend and his daughter stayed in a tent.

Yes you can have up to 10 people listed on your campsite reservation.

Yes you can have one tent along with an RV or trailer.

Using the tent may be problematic if you have a Premium campsite which is all pavement and no coquina (crushed sea shell) or gravel on a rear tent pad. You can still use a tent on a Premium but there is no required plan for a tent location. If you are in a Premium, you may have to go on the pavement or off the edge to the rear or side to put the tent on dirt/grass.

You have a nice long stay planned so a tent may be warm stuff early on in your stay and more comfortable later on.

Even if some are staying offsite they can still be listed on your reservation (up to 10 people as we say) so that they can come and go to your campsite.

I don't know how diligent FW is about charging for a second vehicle on a site (or even knowing). My understanding (which could be wrong) is for cabins they do charge but for campsites I don't know how they handle that. If you list them and they have Magic Bands, the gate opens for them and in they go.

Bama Ed

Thanks everyone! I’ll pass along the tent info to DS and let him decide. We have a preferred pet site booked. The tent would only be used for sleeping. DS and DH are both too tall for the fold away beds.

Thanks everyone! I’ll pass along the tent info to DS and let him decide. We have a preferred pet site booked. The tent would only be used for sleeping. DS and DH are both too tall for the fold away beds.

A Preferred pet site in the old days would mean loop 300 but now since any loop can be a pet loop, it could include 100 or 200.

Just call and add their names to your reservation. (baby not necessary just the adults). There are no worries about having more than 2 adults on your reservation as noted in your OP (that is an issue in the resort hotels but not at the resort campground up to 10 names as we indicated).

I hope you have good sleeping weather when your tent guests visit. Oh and no rain either.

Bama Ed

Thanks again! DS grew up tent camping in south Louisiana and continues to do so in Texas so he knows what he’s in for. It would just be for sleeping. We became very popular with our “kids” when the SWGE opening was announced!

There are cars parked everywhere in loop 1600 right now. Apparently the one car per site rule has been scrapped....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!