Extra Magic Hour Predictions?

chopstick

Mouseketeer
With SWGE opening this spring, does anyone have any idea what will happen to EMH? Right now the access to DCA is really great, while the Magic Morning/EMH combo at Disneyland Park is pretty much a wash with the limited attractions open and high number of guests allowed in.

Do you think Magic Morning will switch to DCA to give DL Resort guests early morning access to SWGE? Keep Magic Morning as is, but only resort guests will be able to access SWGE? Thanks!

With SWGE opening this spring, does anyone have any idea what will happen to EMH? Right now the access to DCA is really great, while the Magic Morning/EMH combo at Disneyland Park is pretty much a wash with the limited attractions open and high number of guests allowed in.

Do you think Magic Morning will switch to DCA to give DL Resort guests early morning access to SWGE? Keep Magic Morning as is, but only resort guests will be able to access SWGE? Thanks!
My personal opinion is that it will either swap parks or Disneyland will have EMH daily and on certain days MM will be good but not all.

My personal opinion is that it will either swap parks or Disneyland will have EMH daily and on certain days MM will be good but not all.
I agree. For the last about 5 years, DCA has had 4 EMH mornings and DL has had 3. And then DL has had the 3 MMs. I can definitely see DL going to 4 EMHs and DCA down to 3. And maybe more at DL. I suspect they will keep MM to 3 days a week though.

And unless DL really changes things up, SWGE will not be open for EMH. Yes, it would be nice if it was, but running these new rides from 7AM (EMH in the summer) to midnight (and really until 1AM or 2AM when the people in line at midnight park closing get through) only leaves a few hours every night for cleanup and whatever minor repairs are needed. They might do it. But it might cause lots of downtime during the day.

:wizard:

How long before they go to the paid early access that world has now?
I am not sure that would work at DLR. TO some degree they do that already with the special ticket events (e.g., Halloween). But at WDW they can do the paid events every week and other folks can spread out over the three other parks. At DLR there are only two parks. I bet if they tried it, it would not be successful. I think even the ones at WDW are not terribly successful right now.

How far out do they post EMH?
EMH is regular at DLR so it is posted out to the infinite future, so to speak. It has been this way for the last 7 years, I believe.

DL EMH (and MM) on Tue/Thu/Sat

DCA EMH on Mon/Wed/Fri/Sun

The question in this thread is whether DLR will change this pattern for SWGE.

EMH is regular at DLR so it is posted out to the infinite future, so to speak. It has been this way for the last 7 years, I believe.

DL EMH (and MM) on Tue/Thu/Sat

DCA EMH on Mon/Wed/Fri/Sun

The question in this thread is whether DLR will change this pattern for SWGE.

Thank you. We have not been to DL in 9 years due to military moving, so we are out of touch with any and all things DL. This thread provided a good question on a possible change due to SWGE and caused me to wonder what the current EMH are. With our current plan to visit in Sep of this year, all questions regarding EMH are relevant.

Thank you. We have not been to DL in 9 years due to military moving, so we are out of touch with any and all things DL. This thread provided a good question on a possible change due to SWGE and caused me to wonder what the current EMH are. With our current plan to visit in Sep of this year, all questions regarding EMH are relevant.
Thanks for your service! And keep an eye here on whether DLR decides to change the EMH schedule. We will know more come June.

I am not sure that would work at DLR. TO some degree they do that already with the special ticket events (e.g., Halloween). But at WDW they can do the paid events every week and other folks can spread out over the three other parks. At DLR there are only two parks. I bet if they tried it, it would not be successful. I think even the ones at WDW are not terribly successful right now.

FWIW, when Disney opened Pandora at AK over Memorial Day weekend in 2017, they made EMH every morning at AK for the first 4-6 weeks as I recall, then dialed it back to the more normal frequency. They did something similar I believe for Toy Story Land last June. DLR works differently than WDW and so this may or may not be relevant.

I don’t expect them to block MM guest from SWL access. The crowds at MM/EMH are not high enough to justify that.

Personally we love DLR EMH/MM and get a lot done in that hour! (We do not do PP during that time.)

Thanks for your service! And keep an eye here on whether DLR decides to change the EMH schedule. We will know more come June.

Thank you for the support. It was an honor to serve and would do it again in a heartbeat. I will keep and eye out for updates, I feel so out of touch with DL after all these years. When we lived in CA we went all the time. We miss it.

I don’t expect them to block MM guest from SWL access. The crowds at MM/EMH are not high enough to justify that.

Personally we love DLR EMH/MM and get a lot done in that hour! (We do not do PP during that time.)
DLR has had MM (and, later EMH) access to FantasyLand and TomorrowLand since for about 15 years now. It would be a departure if they opened SWGE to MM/EMH, which would also almost force them to open at least FrontierLand, NOS and Critter Country to provide physical access to SWGE's 3 entrances/exits. I am not saying they won't do it. I am just saying it will be a big change for them.

As I have said elsewhere on SWGE, if DLR takes a page from WDW's playbook for Pandora in 2017, they create one-way directional access points to SWGE to manage the foot traffic and the number of people inside SWGE. Having gridlock inside SWGE every day will be a serious detraction. So limiting access will be essential. How they do that for EMH/MM or just regular park opening will be interesting to see. :scratchin

Magic Morning moving to California Adventure and Extra Magic Hour at Disneyland only for guests staying at a Disney Hotel.

ME

Aloha,

If my memory serves me correctly, DLR had early AM openings all seven days of the week for both parks for about four weeks when Carsland opened at DCA. It was sweet!
There was daily emh but it was split. Some days were AP sign ups and others were for hotel guests or MM.

I am confused....what exactly is EMH vs MM? I guess I've been reading the posts on here thinking they were the same thing but clearly they are not.

EMH is available to Disney owned hotel guests for Disneyland AND Disney California Adventure.
MM is available to guests who purchased a 3 Day Ticket and is only for Disneyland only
EMH and MM are offered Disneyland on the same exact day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!