Extra Magic Hour Predictions?

I am confused....what exactly is EMH vs MM? I guess I've been reading the posts on here thinking they were the same thing but clearly they are not.
EMH (extra magic hour) is provided to guests staying on site at Disneyland in a Disney owned and operated hotel, so PPH, DLH, and GCH/GCV. MM (Magic Morning) is included on most pre purchased 3 day or more tickets and is a single allotment for one early entry during the use of the ticket. MM currently coincides with when Disneyland offers EMH.

I've noticed at one of the planning sites I use (initials = TP) that they have both SWGE rides listed as being available during Early Entry (EMH/MM). I wonder what they are basing their assumption on?

Last edited:
I kind of hope they keep SWGE off of the MM ticket. Currently only Tomorrowland and Fantasyland are open during MM. I don't like the idea of this being messed with for some reason. I do think it's time to give Disneyland back 4 days of MM to spread busy crowds over and just 3 days at DCA for hotel guests.

Now I think offering early access to SWGE for hotel guests would be a nice perk. And I also think it would be nice if they did the early AP access like they did with Carsland. We have never stayed at a Disneyland hotel and we don't have plans to buy APs this year, so it doesn't benefit us but I prefer both of these ideas over a change to MM.

If they open SWGE, they have to open Adventureland, Critter Country and Frontierland too, right? So it seems unlikely SWGE would be included in MM, but it does seem plausible that they swap DCA and DL around so DL has 4. It'll be interesting - even though my next trip is likely not until 2022 I'm so curious to see how they handle it all!

If they open SWGE, they have to open Adventureland, Critter Country and Frontierland too, right?

I think they can rope off and funnel guests right through to SWGE if they wanted. The planning site that I was referring to above doesn't usually post changes that they are not fairly confident of, especially considering they're not listing the information as "To Be Determined" or "speculative". At least I haven't noticed anything in the past that they've posted prior to a land opening that didn't turn out to be accurate. For now, I'm planning as if on-site guests will get into the land ahead of rope drop. I can alter things once the land opens and all questions are answered. It's not as if I have 60 day out FPP to plan for.

The problem with all of this is that it is likely SWGE ride will need to be shut down a lot at first until they work out kinks. If they have SWGE extra open early or extra late it really limits how much time they have to fix things. If SWGE stays open until midnight this summer, that means everyone in line at midnight gets to ride. That could the ides go until 2AM when the lines clear. Then opening by 7AM? That is not much time at night to tweak and fix.

:wizard:

The problem with all of this is that it is likely SWGE ride will need to be shut down a lot at first until they work out kinks. If they have SWGE extra open early or extra late it really limits how much time they have to fix things. If SWGE stays open until midnight this summer, that means everyone in line at midnight gets to ride. That could the ides go until 2AM when the lines clear. Then opening by 7AM? That is not much time at night to tweak and fix.

:wizard:
Well they could keep the land open and close the rides early. Like Galaxy Edges is open until midnight but rides close at 11. Not saying they will, but that could help get guests out of the attractions a bit earlier while still allowing guests to explore Batuu

Well they could keep the land open and close the rides early. Like Galaxy Edges is open until midnight but rides close at 11. Not saying they will, but that could help get guests out of the attractions a bit earlier while still allowing guests to explore Batuu

I thought I read reports of them doing this with FOP at first as well, cutting the line off before park closing. I could be wrong though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter