Extra SDD FP+ openings

lynnzrae

Mouseketeer
I have now seen a couple different people posting about SDD opening more FP+ reservationis after the initial allotment had been released. Can people please comment if they are still seeing this trend and if so, at how far out do they tend to see this? We’re at 54 days out and I could not get SDD but I am hoping that they will release more at some point I also welcome comments for any of those who had TSM or alien saucer fast passes and had to rope drop SDD and any tips or strategies that can be passed on.

I noticed more right after park hours were extended. I was able to secure better times for both SDD & FOP. It happened about 24-48 hours after the hours extended for July.

FWIW, 2 weeks ago we decided to go to HS kind of on a whim. Night before, I snagged 2 SDD FP by refreshing until they came up. Next morning, we looked at the weather report and saw yuck right when we were supposed to be there.... So I refreshed SDD to a better time for us. That was right before park open the day of our visit.
I spent about 15 min total refreshing- just did it while I was watching TV. Granted, that was for a party of 2. But it's worth a shot to keep trying for them.
ETA: My friend and I also took her two daughters and we did SDD stand by. Posted was 50 min and I'd say we waited 30. Then we got right back in line and did it again. It really was not bad. This was in the evening. It was very fun at night and cooler!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter