Extreme Makeover: TAGLIARCHY Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
DC is great in October, but it can be tricky in the weather. The girls would have a ball at the various Smithosian museums. I have not been in DC since we moved to NC (11 years ago this week). NC B. and I used to go every month to a museum or walk around the park area at National (before it changed its name to Reagan...but, it may be closed or severely limited access with the latest security). I miss the museums, but not the higher costs. We may go this year on one of our trips north.
I really miss the museums. Growing up in Delaware - we took school field trips just about every year to DC. Also if family ever came to see us, we visited DC.

I was totally shocked when I moved to small town in Texas in 10th grade. I really took the Smithonians for granted. I had no idea how special they were until they were more than just a couple of hours away.

I just hope my 4 1/2 year old is mature enough to enjoy/appreciate/behave if we visit in the fall.

It is funny - my 7yr old thinks we can just go up to the White House and walk inside. She was learning about MLK in school last week, and she did not know that when she was about two she stopped by the Lorraine Motel in Memphis.

I want them to be able to appreciate and remember DC. They may still be too young, but this party is a set date and time that I don't control.

Sherry

I can't get over Heath Ledger dying - what a shock!!! :eek:
I wasn't a fan of his, but it still saddens me about him dying so young :guilty:

RRBB - Hi there!! :wave2: Have a safe trip, and good luck with Sophias swimming lessons. Tell OF that we said HI :wave2:

BB - I would PM geffric about a good Bah Mitvah gift, she would be able to help you ::yes::

Belle - I took some of Kevin's chili out of the freezer and I thought of you, because you make chili too :goodvibes

Well, I'm off to get ready for work
Have a good day today!! :wave:

My question is... what is an appropriate Bat Mitzvah gift? I have no clue. The last one I went to was my best friend's younger sister's... and my mom was the one footing the bill for the gift - in 1980. Any suggestions would be extremely helpful.
Back in 1976, when I had my Bat Mitzvah, the big thing was lucite. I can't tell you how much of that stuff I got. :eek: If it hadn't been personalized - which most of it was - I could have made a fortune selling it.

I'm not sure what actual gifts are popular these days, but I'll ask around if you'd like. OF and I usually just give cash, which you can never go wrong with.

:wave:

BlueBayou-- have you checkout the Smithsonian website? It has a guide for kids, maps, and games. http://www.si.edu/ (I'm doing some research for possible daytrips). The American History building is closed until this summer, but the drawings shows major changes inside---I'm going to miss the pendulum, but the outside views and brighter interior is going to be awesome. I just suggest to be careful about the invisible security barriers at some exhibits...:rolleyes1 Sis and I triggered some at the Natural History building when we were you kids' ages (almost got kicked out). The Orkin Insect zoo inside the Natural History has just been rehab.

Have you thought about Baltimore? The MD Science Center was a favorite for my nieces and nephews and the Aquarium has grown. I'm not sure about the Baltimore Zoo because it been years for us.

Slo--- NC Beast has been making the latest chili batches. He likes to get creative on the weekends in some meals.

It's -3 degrees around here :eek: :cold:
WINTER STINKS!!! :headache: :mad: :cold:

Belle, and BB - all this Washington DC talk is really making me want to go back there. I loved it there when I went as an older teenager, and I know I would love it more now that I'm an adult. This is a place I would actually like to visit alone, so I could take my time looking at things, instead of being distracted by the girls. But I would never travel by myself, so that won't happen;) So, we'll wait until Katie is a little older, and then we'll go :thumbsup2

Gotta run!!
Have a good day!! :wave:

I'm glad this thread is still here - I wasn't sure if it was over 10,000 posts or not.

It's still freezing here - it's -4 below zero this morning :cold:

Spring can't come soon enough :rolleyes:

Have a good day today!!! :wave:

Morning Taglikins! Happy Friday!

Not much going on here...I'm heading up to Prescott tomorrow to see one of my cruise mates. I love a mini-road trip!

Two more weeks and I get to book Palo/excursions for my Panama cruise! That puppy is PAID IN FULL. :thumbsup2 Well, DCL is paid...my visa still shows a balance. :headache: but it's zero % interest for 6 mos...so that's good.

Have a good weekend everyone....

HEY GEFRIC....HOW WAS WDW???

Ibouncetoo--- What kind of excursions are you doing on the cruise?

Slo--- 2 more months until Spring. :)

Hi guys,
Sorry I haven't been around for a while again. Work was busy last week, then I was off sick for 3 days. So this week I have been trying to catch up!! Then yesterday my pet bunny Holly died (she was old) so we are going to burry her in the garden tomorrow.

Slo I hope the weather warms up for you soon. It's quite mild around here, although it has been raining a lot and we have had some floods. We thought we might have to close our school earlier this week as the road leading up to school had completely flooded, but we were OK as the school building is on a hill!

:hug: Danauk--- I'm so sorry to hear about Holly. I hope that you will feel better soon and have better weather.

:surfweb:

Have you all been following the threads about clique vs. nonclique, and all this DIS rivalry going on? I definitly have, and some people's opinions are really getting under my skin :headache: Oh well, I guess all groups need a little controversy once in awhile :rolleyes:

ibounce - Have fun going to see your friend today :goodvibes

Belle - SPRING!!! I can hardly wait for Spring :flower: :goodvibes

Danauk - I'm so sorry to hear about your bunny :hug: It's always sad to loose a pet :guilty:

Well, I'm off to get ready for work
Have a good day today!!! :wave:

Hey!....How did you guys survive the cut....?
You are a long thread....Whats up with this????

Our thread got the(Who feels like a threadkiller) boot.....:confused3

Lucky ducks!

edited to add:
Ohhhhh It has to be over 10,000 posts?.....Well our WAS over that....LOL...
OK carry on.....But post lonnnng posts ...and not too often...or you are doomed....LOL

Lucky ducks!

I believe we are still here because we don't have over 10,000 posts. For the purpose of the long post removal experiment they defined a long thread as one that had over 10,000 posts.

Lucky ducks!

Hi there!! :wave2:

The cut was for threads that were 10,000 posts or more, and this is below that number. My Chicago thread was cut too, and I had to restart it. It's a slight bummer to see the old thread gone, but at the same time, we've had a lot of new people come join us yesterday, and that is awesome!!! We always love to have new people :goodvibes

I believe we are still here because we don't have over 10,000 posts. For the purpose of the long post removal experiment they defined a long thread as one that had over 10,000 posts.

Thanks for the quick reply:thumbsup2 ...I edited my above post....
Ill get off now as to let YOU ALL get your own count up...;)
TTFN:wave:

Thanks for the quick reply:thumbsup2 ...I edited my above post....
Ill get off now as to let YOU ALL get your own count up...;)
TTFN:wave:

Your welcome!!! :goodvibes

You can come visit us anytime :wave:

GRRRRR I just wrote a long post and it went into the black hole... GRRRRRRR

Hello everyone - it was a crazy night around here. ibounctoo had turned me on to a cruise chat thread - and there were nearly 200 people talking at once - talk about crazy.

While I was trying to chat... a couple of new to the neighborhood kids showed up at my house wanting to play with my girls. It was fine... but just a bit odd... I only met the mom for a minute or two about a month ago. The kids had a cell phone number written on their hands. The little girl came to my house and the boy went next door.

The girl left after playing about 30 minutes with the girls. She just ran back home when I mentioned that her brother was not playing at the next door neighbor's home (I went outside when I saw the next door neighbor and her son walking the boy back. I wanted to know what was happening.)

After the little girl bolted I knocked on the door to her house and no adult would answer. I really wanted to make sure she made it in okay. I could hear female and male adult voices in the garage. Eventually the boy answered the door and let me know the girl had made it home. I left telling the boy that if her sister ever needed to play... she could come to our home.

It was just odd!

Sherry

I thought the chat was later so I let NC Beast play a computer game. Oops. Well, I would not been fast enough tonight to keep up. We watched some cruise shows last night on the Travel channel (not Disney cruise).

We were at WDW for MLK weekend.. celebrating our anniversary but also the high school choir was there.. to sing at WDW and have a good time. the boys made sure that they showed the choir around .. yep the boys were happy campers.. lots of girls and them..:banana:

I wrote a long version of the trip but it got lost in cyberspace.. so the short of it is Dh and I had a great time..Friday night the boys went to epcot and I went to DTD to go to Wolfgang pucks for a salad and then to Ghiradelli for dessert.. The Wolfgang Puck in DTD is closed but I walked to the west side and ate the BBQ chicken salad there... then back to Ghiradelli ...
Saturday Dh and I went to AK. did safari, lion king, bird show, Yak and Yedi for lunch, Nemo, Everest for me and Tough to be a bug for Dh.. then he want to go back to OKW and rest, i stayed and did EE again and watched the parade. Then hopped to MK. Had ice cream there and met DH - we did Haunted Masion, Philaharmagic and laugh floor then it was raining and cold so we went back to OKW. Kids stayed with the Choir kids and "hung out"
Sunday Dh and I went to MGM - did Beauty and the Beast, fast passed TT, did Great Movie ride and then hopped to MK to see the Choir perform. After that We took the boys to lunch at peco bills and then they left to be with "friends'.. Dh and I went to Tiki room and but the lines were so long for everything.. even Country Bears and TTa and Carousel of Progress.. it was worse than in the summer.. so we left and went back to OKW and rested and got warm jackets.. it was cold. Brough jackets for the kids too they were in Tshirts and shorts and it was about 30 degrees.. We headed back to MK about 6ish and the crowds were less.. after Wishes the crowd really thinned out and everything was walk on until 2 am..

Monday DH and I went to Epcot. We fast passed Soarin and did living with the land and Timon and Pumba thing before our fast pass time.. We then went and did Figment, and the Oh Canada movie before our ADR at Le Cellier. The boys met us for lunch. we all had the cheese soup and the fillets. The fillet as on a squash thng not the nornal cheesey potaotes.. good but not great.. then the boys left to join their "friends" and DH and I walked to MGM. We did muppets, TT, Indy and Star Wars and Little Mermaid. The we saw Fantasmic and ran for a boat to Epcot. At Epcot we did Spaceship earth and Illuminations.

On Tuesday we made the likd saty with us .. did Crystal Palace for lunch, Buzz, TTA, Space mountian, Philharmagic, small world and then we left..

Great trip.. Kids loved being their with friends.. we loved that too.. This is the last family trip for years ... boys won;t be going back for a long long time but I am hopping to go in October for F&W ot Dec for Mousefest or November or ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter