Extremely short report for an Extremely short trip

KMWoolley

Proud Canuck; DisDad #863
:wave:Preamble - The purpose of this trip was to recharge my wife's Disney meter. I have created a montser with 10 visits in 10 years since we met, but it has been over 3 years since her last trip (I was there in August with my girls, which may or may not have prompted me planning this trip)

Friday Morning ==> Very early leaving home around 2 am start to be at the airport for a (planned) 6:20 departure out of Toronto. The flight was a little late but arrived at MCO, on Magical Express and at the Pop before 11:00 - WIN!
I didn't check-in on line, hoping they could give me any available room, but not really expecting to get one yet - spoiler - we had to wait.
Off to Disney Springs for some retail Therapy.
D-Luxe Burger - very happy with this choice for lunch with a juicy and delicious burger
Back to the resort around 3pm, managed to finally get an available room assigned; short nap then off to MK for MVMCP (sold out) around 5.
035.JPG
Assessment - Managed to do all rides we wanted without too much wait (25 mins max), did not wait for any character greets except Mickey, free cookies were VERY forgettable, it drizzled on and off for the first half of the night and heavier from about 9:30 on. The fireworks went off as planned, even in the rain. The 2nd parade was cancelled and replaced with a "Rainy Day Cavalcade Christmas Parade" which was super short and cute, I guess. I am so glad I didn't book Tony's Christmas Party with an exclusive parade viewing location. Overall, we had a good night, despite the weather; still stayed until just after midnight.

Saturday - Me and thousands of my friends lined up inside Hollywood Studios, waiting for rope drop to go to SWGE.
009.JPG
The line moved about 15 mins before actual opening with only handfuls of people trying to rush up the sides and move up a few spots. I should state, I am a big Star Wars fan and was the kick off generation for the original movies, so my anticipation of this was high.

Seeing the Millenium Falcon come into view, gave me the same feeling my wife gets when the Castle comes into view - just Magical.
I'm not crying, you're crying.
We didn't really get to fully experience the queue, due to the fact that it was steadily moving to fill up on park opening. The actual Smuggler's Run ride? Neither of us was impressed. I don't think we built expectations too high, it just didn't overly impress us and I referred to it as Star Tours 2.0
IMG_1387.JPG
020.JPG

Overall, the theming is incredible, we really enjoyed Oga's Cantina, but felt most of the land was just ways to separate you from your money; maybe it will seem better when the second ride is "Fully Operational"
IMG_1388.JPG
We spent the rest of the day enjoying the rest of the park and attended the Jingle Bell Jingle Bam Dessert party and met these two guys. Desserts and drinks were good, but you really only get about an hour to sit and enjoy it before going over for the show.
033.JPG

Sunday - Another early morning to rope drop at AK and get in the crazy line for Flight of Passage. When I tried this in August, it quickly became my favorite Disney ride, and remains so after this trip. My wife's jaw literally dropped whe the ride began and I was so happy to have FP for later that same night.
Desserts with rum for lunch? Yes please
028.JPG029.JPG

We stayed to see Pandora at night and finally got to watch Rivers of Light, which may have brought a tear to her eye.
The nighttime projections on the Tree were great but unfortunately it would seem the new Christmas Puppets were not ready to go, as I couldn't find them.
IMG_1389.JPG
IMG_1382.JPG
Monday - early rise for 6:35 ME to MCO. Some wonderful weather moved in so my 1.5 hr drive took about 4 to get home. Seems fitting for our very short, busy and enjoyable weekend.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!