F.A.O Jackie - Annoying adverts on Dis Articles

dogdangling

Mouseketeer
Hi Jackie

When trying to open up DIS articles from Facebook, when I connect to the site it comes up with a pop up add that is very difficult to get rid off. It is normally the ad that says my phone is infected.

Are you able to look into this as its really annoying when trying to read DIS articles.

Thanks

Phil

This is not a concern for Jackie. Corey would be able to direct you here.

This has been an awful problem for ages. I've complained before but honestly have given up. I see pop ups on my phone that require shutting down to escape them. I see ads on the website for all kinds of questionable and inappropriate sites like foreign brides and stuff of that sort. I've been told to just install an ad blocker or to change my computer's settings, but the problem ONLY occurs on the DIS, so clearly the problem isn't on my end. I would love for them to fix it as it does keep me away from the site at times.

This happens a lot on forums. I haven't had a problem with it on this forum but my soccer teams fan forum it happens a lot. Sadly I think it's part of how these websites make money and there isn't much way around it. I may be wrong.

I don’t have this problem on this site, but I do have it on other sites. I don’t know if it’s an infection in your browsing history or with this exact site.

Anyways, turn your phone into airplane mode. Delete your browsing history. Power down your phone. Turn phone back on. Should clear up the issue.

This has been an awful problem for ages. I've complained before but honestly have given up. I see pop ups on my phone that require shutting down to escape them. I see ads on the website for all kinds of questionable and inappropriate sites like foreign brides and stuff of that sort. I've been told to just install an ad blocker or to change my computer's settings, but the problem ONLY occurs on the DIS, so clearly the problem isn't on my end. I would love for them to fix it as it does keep me away from the site at times.

Honestly, glad to know I am not the only one that gets the foreign brides one

Hi Jackie

When trying to open up DIS articles from Facebook, when I connect to the site it comes up with a pop up add that is very difficult to get rid off. It is normally the ad that says my phone is infected.

Are you able to look into this as its really annoying when trying to read DIS articles.

Thanks

Phil
Hey there,

We try really hard to keep bad ads away, but Google sneaks a rogue one in on us every now and then. Next time that happens, if you could screenshot it and send it to corey@wdwinfo.com, that would be perfect. Once we can see who the ad is from, we can remove it.

Thanks so much!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!