Delete Thread

So sorry you haven't had much success at BOG! It still remains a top lunch locale for me! Love the Master's cupcake!!

I love your jug from Pecos Bill!
We had breakfast at BOG and it was much better than lunch.
Your strawberry cupcake looks so good. I had the Masters cupcake because of my love for chocolate.
I agree the West Wing is cool but too dark we couldn't see the menu or our foodo_O

I love the nachos at Pecos Bills, we split the regular size and very filling. The kids size looks very small.

I am sorry you did not enjoy your lunch. I have had really good luck with the turkey sandwich and also the pork dish with mashed potatoes this was really good. I love the Masters cupcake and the strawberry cupcake yum!

We are trying dinner here in August instead of lunch.

MiHScHDl.jpg

I've had the nachos too. I agree with you, they are nothing special but good when you need something to eat and nothing too big. Now, that Nachos Rio Grande though...haha trying to convince my family to experience this in August.

@ariane37 and I each got a jug too!!

UiEjLmCl.jpg

Sadly mine did not change my opinion of lunch at Be Our Guest, and we are unlikely to return for lunch anytime soon. My sandwich was incredibly dry with barely any of the mayo on it. It was just full of thick dry slices of turkey, and I didn't find that it tasted very good at all. In fact I don't think I even finished half of it before I gave up.

Sorry your sandwich wasn't that good. I think I had this before and it was ok. I think the ham and cheese was better. I do like the french onion soup though.

Mmm I'll have to try this one day but I keep getting the Master's cupcake all the time!

They took the Samoan off the menu :sad2: It was Josh's favorite thing on there and most of the reason he'd always ask to go back. I think it was a pulled pork eggs benedict dish
The Samoan was my favorite as well!!! No!!! I guess I will have to hope the crab cake Eggs Benedict at Geyser Point is good!

Kona Eggs Benedict
Poached Eggs with Citrus-Chili Hollandaise Sauce and Char Siu Pork Belly on Toasted Hawaiian Bread

The replacement sounds interesting if you want to try. I'm not sure if Josh can eat that or would want to order it, but we may go there in September so we'll see!
I guess for some Pork Belly would be a step up... Meh for me...

I'm totally with you on BoG, I just don't get all the insanity over it. Lunch is fine, nothing special, and of course its cool to be in the castle but I'd much rather be at LTT or Skippers having better food and now finally drinks :-)

Be Our Guest

On our very first trip in 2015 we tried lunch here, and we thought it was terrible.
We did lunch there in 2014 after having had dinner there 3x prior, and were not impressed with lunch at all. Haven't been back except for dinner.

We've also had dinner here in 2015 and 2016 and sometimes had good meals and sometimes had eh meals.
And as you probably know we've been there numerous times for dinner and LOVE it! Except for Chris's children's steak the very first time we went in 2012, we've had perfect meals there.

Strawberry Cream Cheese Cupcake
Vanilla Sponge Cake, Strawberry Mousse Filling and Cream Cheese Icing.
This is my favorite! I was too full to get it last time we ate here, but I won't make that mistake again!

We sat in the Rose Gallery this time since it's the only room we've never been able to sit in. Since this room is usually deserted we did find it quieter, and didn't feel rushed like we did when we sat in the West Wing for lunch. I would still say the main ballroom is my favorite place to sit, but that I'd rather sit in the Rose Gallery than the West Wing. (I do think the West Wing is cool though and worth a visit, I just don't like eating in there because of the darkness and everyone taking flash pictures).
We've sat in all 3 rooms and actually, the West Wing is my favorite. I don't mind that it's darker; it does get annoying that people constantly come in to take pictures but I've found that if you aren't real close to the rose it isn't as bad. I also really like the Rose Gallery, so pretty :goodvibes

@ariane37 and I each got a jug too!!
Raeven I got the jug because of your report! Love me my jug lol!

Kitchen Plate
A sampling of three different house-made sides.

My choices were creamy mashed potatoes with gravy on the side, momma's mac and cheese, & Bradley's grits. I was disappointed at how fast I got full too because I felt like I barely made a dent in any of these :sad: They were all delicious too. The mashed potatoes were just as good as they were the last time. (I wasn't crazy about the gravy). The mac and cheese was very good. And the grits were good too, and had a nice buttery taste.

screen-shot-2017-06-19-at-5-32-03-pm-png.245880

So last night, I was showing Zack your Homecomin' review. I get to this part, and he gets all excited and goes, Is that a mashed potato flight????

:rotfl2:

Very intrigued to see what you name best burger. Territory Lounge wasn't even on my burger radar but will be. Thinking the California Grill brunch is going on the list too.

Wow, I was trying to stay out of the signature restaurants for my next long weekend trip but since we are staying at AKL I'm going to have to cave and go back to Jiko. It really is one of my favorites! Sounds like you guys had a special and delicious meal there :)

And the tuile is the bird shaped wafer thing on top of your dessert - it's one of Disney's "things" right now that I feel like they put on a ton of desserts which is the only way I knew that. :P

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter