F+W Ressie question

WDW LOVR

WDW Makes us smile. Why do we never have enou
Just found out in the past week we'll be able to make a 4 night trip for the F+W. We won't be able to make the ressie for another week or so until something clears up at work.

My question is, how likely is it that we'll be able to find a 1 BR at BWV or BCV this late in the game? We'll be traveling either the 2nd or 3 week of Oct.

Has anyone else been able to get a 1 BR recently for that time period? It's ok if we end up staying at OKW or SSR, but for the F+W, BW or BC is the best.

If you don't have to borrow I'd say go ahead and make your reservation now. You can always cancel it. And...on my last F&W trip I split my stay between BCV and AKL...I have to say that I don't think it made any difference so I wouldn't be so focused on the EPCOT resorts....you can stumble back to the bus or monorail just as easily as you can to the hotel.

I thought of that, but that's the problem, I'd have to borrow to make the second ressie.

That brings up a question for all the DVC experts here. If we make two ressies and have to borrow to make one of them, and then end up using the ressie with the non-borrowed points, could we switch the borrowed points to the non borrowed ressie and bank the non borrowed points?

I agree we've stayed at other resorts during the F+W and had a great time, but for us, you just can't beat being at an Epcot area resort during Oct.

WDW LOVR said:
My question is, how likely is it that we'll be able to find a 1 BR at BWV or BCV this late in the game? We'll be traveling either the 2nd or 3 week of Oct.

Sorry to say... Slim to none? :confused3
We made our ressie for the 2nd week of Oct at BCV 1-bedrm back in March and we had to split it between cash and points because there were already sold out nights. I am waitlisted for the cash nights, but still no change to point availablity.

Good Luck!

WDW LOVR said:
...(snip).....That brings up a question for all the DVC experts here. If we make two ressies and have to borrow to make one of them, and then end up using the ressie with the non-borrowed points, could we switch the borrowed points to the non borrowed ressie and bank the non borrowed points?......
Yes, subject to the normal banking rules.

If you have to cancel the reservation made with some borrowed points, just ask MS to realloate the points so that current year points are the ones returned to your account. Then you can bank them if the amount / deadlines permit.

Hope it all works out for you - it would be wonderful to be able to stay at BCV or BWV for F & W.

Best wishes -

Thanks for the info. I was able to get a 1 BR at BW for Oct 12 - 16, paying cash for the last 2 nights. Nothing was available for the following week at either the BW or BC.

I'll just hold off for a couple weeks and find out exactly which week we're going and if I have to will move the ressie to the next week and stay at OKW or SSR.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter