Fabric Transfer Assistance

MamaCrush

DIS Veteran
I'm about to attempt printing clipart on a t-shirt transfer sheet and then iron it on to white pillowcases for the characters to sign on our upcoming Disney Cruise for my 2 kids. However, having never done this before and running short on available time, I want to make sure I do this right.

I remember reading to be careful on "reversing the print" before you print onto the transfer sheet. I believe you do that under formatting font? Is that the right drip down menu?

Also-- any other tips for this rank amateur?? As usual, thanks a bunch for your thoughts and expertise.

With one of my printers I am able to go into the printer set up and click on preferences and click on features and then on mirror image. In some programs, I can also go into the print preview and click on features and pick mirror image there. Just be sure to only do this once either in the printer or software set up, if you do it in both you will be reversing the image back.

If you can try a small sample first, do that. Do not use an ironing board, I did this once without thinking and all my images came out black. Be sure to preheat the iron, turn off the steam and move the oron around to prevent getting bubbles where the steam holes in the iron are. I usually put a pillow case down on a large sheet of wood, but be sure whatever surface you iron on will not get damaged from the heat.

I just started my pillowcases tonight for our upcoming cruise! I have a Canon Ink Jet printer and when I go into options there is a choice for Media Type, I clip on T-shirt transfer and it takes care of flipping my image so I don't have to worry about it. You might want to refer to your printer manual, or do a search online for the type of printer that you have, maybe you can find somthing that way. My one suggestion would be to move the iron slowly. I would hit the edge of the image and it would come up from the pillowcase to early. Also make sure to trip the image really good. Good luck!! :boat:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter